Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-18-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post

I'm so hooked on this right now, very old school feel to it
A friend of mine told me about Michael Kiwanuka a while ago and I really like some of his songs. I can't get into all of his songs as much as some of them but I really get into this song and Home Again, in particular. I want to see him really bad at Bonnaroo, too, but he is playing the exact same time as the Kooks, so I might have to miss him or split the sets. Definitely old school, I've come to realize a lot of the music I like has an old school feel to it, and he nails it down perfect. He's a deceptively good guitar player too...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im seeing Modest Mouse tomorrow :D

Last edited by Me Likey Rookies : 05-18-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Me Likey Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel you on festival set times, eatw. I'm going to miss Trapped Under Ice and have to choose between Bouncing Souls and Brand New on Sunday. I'd expect issues like that to arise at something like Bonnaroo, but I'm pretty bummed at this one.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Coheed and Cambria were also a jazz-fusion band...

Old 05-19-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

throwback!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any recommendations on fast lively bluegrass-y folk like this? i didn't really like other trampled by turtles songs but this one is great.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Childish Gambino is going to be at ACL Fest this year. Nice!
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I feel you on festival set times, eatw. I'm going to miss Trapped Under Ice and have to choose between Bouncing Souls and Brand New on Sunday. I'd expect issues like that to arise at something like Bonnaroo, but I'm pretty bummed at this one.
I'm not familiar with Bouncing Souls, but the fact that it is a tough choice between them and Brand New makes me really want to check them out.

Bonnaroo really **** the bed with their schedule though, its like they have certain times set for each genre, so the people that like each different genre have to choose which bands they're missing or seeing less of. Its really dumb. Its not hard to coordinate a schedule so you have different genres playing at the same time, that way you have maximum people at each show, and everybody gets to see what you want. The people that like all different types of music will still have some conflicts in the schedule, but as it is, I'm missing out on or seeing much less of 10 acts that I really wanted to see.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post

any recommendations on fast lively bluegrass-y folk like this? i didn't really like other trampled by turtles songs but this one is great.
Old Crow Medicine Show. They have a bunch of great songs, both fast paced and a little slower. Also came across this after I saw your post and youtubed "fast bluegrass". Its Earl Scruggs and Steve Martin, who is a hell of a banjo player in his own right. Really really cool.

Here's some faster paced Old Crow... Though I'd check out some more if you aren't already familiar with them

Also, The Avett Brothers, if you aren't familiar with them, but I think everybody on here has at least heard of them, so I think you might at least be familiar with them, if not, I'd check them out. I saw them live and they are a hell of a show.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

And if you're looking for just less bluegrassy folk that is still lively, )I wouldn't necessarily call it fast) I'd check out the Lumineers, if you haven't already...

Old 05-21-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when i made that post i was hoping i'd get some recs from you. i'll check those bands out. and i'm a huge fan of the avett brothers. i've heard their shows are incredible. one day..
Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
when i made that post i was hoping i'd get some recs from you. i'll check those bands out. and i'm a huge fan of the avett brothers. i've heard their shows are incredible. one day..
I'm going to see them at aclfest this year. Can't wait.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
didn't the lineup just get announced? i don't like that it's already sold out. sunday looks awesome. maybe i'll pick up a day pass.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
ACL fest has a nice lineup, very similar to Roo's, honestly, in terms of the bigger names and some of the lesser names that I'd want to see anyway. Unfortunately, theres no way I can go to Texas for it, flight, tickets, and hotel room would be too much.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I just found out about these guys within the last few months, but apparently they are one of the biggest names in Christian Rock. I don't consider myself Christian, or religious, but these guys are one of the best groups of musicians I've ever seen. I'm going to try to keep this from being a religous debate or anything (also, if anyone cares to share their opinion, probably a good idea to just stick to the music) like that, but I really do think that no matter what your perspective, religious or not, you can take away a great deal from their songs. Those interested who have a religious background or are aware of religion will pick up on lyrics with references, and those who aren't will appreciate the message being conveyed. Basically, they're a Christian Rock Band, but don't rub it all up in your face.

First off, they are one of the most talented 4 person bands out there. They can play a variety of instruments, extremely well, and the lead singer, whose name is Bear, has an incredible voice, one of the best I've heard. Their songs are dynamic, and have that "epic" feel to them". Really great music for anyone who appreciates great tunes/great lyrics, with a little extra meaning to them. I'm going to see them at Bonnaroo, and they're honestly one of the acts I'm most excited to see.

This might maybe be my favorite one of their songs, great combination of lyrics and great music.

This song just gets you going, puts a smile on your face, don't know why, but its an awesome song, nonetheless.

This is one of their more dynamic songs, musically speaking, at least in my opinion.

And this one has a catchy hook to it, that reels you in to some great lyrics...

Old 05-23-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
didn't the lineup just get announced? i don't like that it's already sold out. sunday looks awesome. maybe i'll pick up a day pass.
I ******* wish I lived close enough to be there just for Sunday, alone. That whole lineup is great, but Sunday has a bunch of bands that would be great to see live, lots of great variety, and just great music on Sunday. If the lineup would be something like that next year(no way of knowing when I'd be doing this), I might try to buy those $50 three day passes, because then that might be worthwhile...

Old 05-23-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Might be my favorite song off of the Blunderbuss album. Very progressive song... Great change right around the 2:00 mark makes me want to rage/groove really hard, and then at the 2:35ish mark it gets even more intense... Such a great, intense song...

Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC