Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 05-19-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Matthews may be more of a technician than Velasco (and definitely is than Harris), so perhaps that's why he's getting the nod.

I think our OG situation is doable with Hutch at LG and Harris at RG, and despite not being addressed in the draft, it's significantly better than last year. Scott leaving is addition by subtraction, and adding Hutch, even if he's not an All Pro at this point, is a flat out upgrade.

I haven't been as big of an Amano hater as everyone else. Mainly because I want to see how well he plays when he doesn't have trash on either side of him. But if he struggles this season, then pass-blocking and being able to make the proper line calls shouldn't save him. For me, Center is the #2 most important position on the OL behind LT, and the OL hasn't been dominant at run-blocking since Mawae left and Amano took over. Plus, they've lost their mean streak.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put very little true value on the Center position as long as the are smart and a technician.

At certain positions you need true players that are the total package that can handle someone one on one. At Center, they almost always get help or it's someone on the second level they block one on one.

At the point in his career we had him, Mawae had very little physical talent left. But, he was smart and technically sound. That's why I'm amazed at how far the run-blocking has fallen, because Amano is arguably more physically gifted than Mawae. I just can't fully comprehend what happened.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They said Amano was the strongest or at least one of the strongest guys on the team. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Anyway he's basically been called out for his job. Not sure if he can step up his game, so I'm hoping another guy looks better to the coaches.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
They said Amano was the strongest or at least one of the strongest guys on the team. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Anyway he's basically been called out for his job. Not sure if he can step up his game, so I'm hoping another guy looks better to the coaches.
I think Eugene Amano is carrying too much weight, early in his career he played at like 285 now he's like 305. He seems to stiff
Old 05-21-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Usually guys are stronger at a higher weight, but maybe it hurts his movement. Either way I think he is what he is at this point in his career. I want to see more of what the other guys have again in the preseason.

I just read something about Gray changing the D a lot this year to more of his style. He said that last year they basically had to run a D the Titans ran 2 years ago. Now with enough offseason, he plans to use his stuff. I'm hoping the D can significantly improve after hearing that and knowing we should have some new good additions and more contribution from some existing players.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Just read Shaun Smith was 362 lbs last year :holyshiz:
He wants to play at 330-335 this year. Maybe his hard work will pay off and help the d-line rotation. I wonder how much of a fight DaJohn Harris will put up?
Old 05-30-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the dude's huge.

So who's ya'lls draft crush for next year? I'm thinking Eric Reid is mine right now.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Yeah, the dude's huge.

So who's ya'lls draft crush for next year? I'm thinking Eric Reid is mine right now.
I think he was listed at like 320-325, but goes to show again those listings can be off.

Way too early to say. But being this is a draft website, I should have a say, right?

So as far as needs, we may need interior o-line, but we've seen yet again they just don't value one in the 1st round. So maybe a DT, Star Lolutlelei or Jonathon Hankins...yet I haven't seen either play. I'll start paying more attention when the season gets rolling.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

I hate reading too much into news articles, but some things I've read have me wondering what kinda shot Tommie Campbell has at starting outside? Gray said he has the 2nd best technique at CB, and everyone raves about his size and speed. Verner is getting lots of talk as the NB, which Gray considers very important. Sure they could use Verner just like Cortland last year, but it's gonna be fun watching how these guys play compete outside.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just read Shaun Smith was 362 lbs last year :holyshiz:
He wants to play at 330-335 this year. Maybe his hard work will pay off and help the d-line rotation. I wonder how much of a fight DaJohn Harris will put up?
I didn't realize he was up that high, but I do know the reason he got less playing time over the course of the season was due to him being overweight and in an article Jerry Gray said he wanted Smith to work on getting more penetration
Old 06-01-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

Of the ones likely to be there for us I like either of the Texas DE's, and TJ McDonald
Old 06-01-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I hate reading too much into news articles, but some things I've read have me wondering what kinda shot Tommie Campbell has at starting outside? Gray said he has the 2nd best technique at CB, and everyone raves about his size and speed. Verner is getting lots of talk as the NB, which Gray considers very important. Sure they could use Verner just like Cortland last year, but it's gonna be fun watching how these guys play compete outside.
I'm hoping he gets the chance to play outside, I'd feel alot better with him outside and Verner inside than Verner outside and Sensabaugh/Mouton inside.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope we cut Mouton, Sensabaugh and Hawkins inside. I hope we get Eric Reid or a passrusher.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Tommie Campbell is going to live up to all this praise he is getting. Everyone has gone out of their way to talk about how good he looks (Verner, Shaun Smith, Munchak, Hasselbeck, McCourty and Jerry Gray). Dude has unlimited potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he lives up to all this hype cause I wanted him at safety. The great Bo Scaife signed with the pats, I can't believe we franchised him...twice.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Let's totes sign Ochocinco! :D

Kenny Britt is set to start running and cutting immediately, and is a week ahead of schedule in his rehab.

Kendall Wright and Damian Williams are getting reps at PR/KR. We all love Mariani, but he adds nothing to the receiving game and is now buried on the depth chart. If Wright or Williams can be a similar consistent style returner, with the explosive return sprinkled here and there, then it'd free up a roster spot for, say, another DT like DaJohn Harris, TE so we can keep all of Cook, Stevens, Graham, and develop Thompson gradually, or keep both Tim Shaw and Patrick Bailey. Fisher was against having a sole PR/KR specialist who could only return and nothing else, and that's what Mariani is becoming. Maybe Munch will carry the same philosophy, or perhaps consistency and hard work will keep Mariani's roster spot intact. I'm not saying he should be cut or traded. Pro Bowl returners don't grow on trees, and we don't want another you know what situation (I ain't even gonna say it, man). But it's something to watch.

Also, just some cool news, the Titans are giving away a ticket to every person who participates in the St. Jude 5K Marathon coming up in August at LP Field. They give you the choice of one of the three divisional home games. In case some of ya'll don't know, I'm a cancer survivor and went to St. Jude to receive my treatment when I was 11 years old. They not only provided my treatment for free, but also provided me and my mom housing, grocery money, and reimbursed us gas money whenever we would make the trip back home to Chattanooga. They pretty much took care of our every need, and had a support system to turn an otherwise horrible ordeal into something more conquerable. It's a spectacular place that's very dear to me, so for you guys around Nashville, it's not only a way to get a free ticket, but also support a great cause. SO DO IT!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when Ryan Mouton and Kevin Kaesviharn returned kicks. Good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Yeah Hope I can see Mariani being a casualty. The KR's role is diminished now, and we have other options that are also more valuable as WR's. We haven't seen much of Mariani as a WR, but I doubt we have the next Wes Welker. Otoh, with more of a pass happy O, maybe they will value him as depth. Not sure I want more than 3 TE's, but I always like extra d line depth since they rotate a lot.

I'm glad you kicked cancers ass ;) I can't imagine having to go through that as a kid. I try to be a grown man and not cry much, but seeing kids at St. Jude can make the toughest man break down. I have donated to St. Jude in the past and will again. I love hearing success stories like yours :)
Old 06-12-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're releasing Daniel Graham.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
We're releasing Daniel Graham.
Probably best with the current TE depth. I hope Thompson can get plenty of reps this year.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Wright has a right shoulder strain according to Jim Wyatt.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Apparently we've signed Michael Griffin to a new long-term deal.

Not sure how I feel about this. There are some good prospects at safety in next year's draft.

I guess I'll turn my draft crush attention to the interior offensive line again.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

5 year, 35 million dollars with 15 million guaranteed according to Schefter.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

I hope we still draft this beast

Old 06-19-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Anyone know where his contract rank among safeties?