Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-11-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default what is our plan for addressing WR?

The pickings are slim out there in F/A. Heres a list of guys who might be able to contribute if we got them.

Antonio Bryant
Corey Bradford
DJ Hackett
Keenan McCardell
Eric Moulds
Travis Taylor

And thats about it. I am thinking that we should make a move for Moulds. bring him in for a year as an insurance policy so we dont have to draft a WR early this year. Cause Toomer cant be counted on for the early season imo

I would enjoy our draft being something like

1. Poz
2. McCauley
3. Weddle

possibly slipping in an OT or DT or something if the value is right.

Any of these guys peak your interest, or think we should draft someone, or nothing at all?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd round if a big name drops, 3rd round if not.

Bryant if he comes on a 1 year incentive contract
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hackett received a second-round tender and will make $1.3 million next season.

i dont see us getting hackett any time soon
Old 04-11-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think we'll be spending two first day picks on the secondary. Top 4 needs.

Tier 1
CB, WR, OT, OLB - It's anybody's guess as to what order we address these needs in

Tier 2
DT, TE

Tier 3
FS, RB,

Tier 4
PK, FB

So to answer the question at hand. We need to take one in rounds 1-4. Mike Walker and Laurent Robinson would be complete steals in round 4. They are great players but will drop due to the depth of the WR position. Look for CB, OT, and OLB on day one.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
I don't think we'll be spending two first day picks on the secondary. Top 4 needs.

Tier 1
CB, WR, OT, OLB - It's anybody's guess as to what order we address these needs in

Tier 2
DT, TE

Tier 3
FS, RB,

Tier 4
PK, FB

So to answer the question at hand. We need to take one in rounds 1-4. Mike Walker and Laurent Robinson would be complete steals in round 4. They are great players but will drop due to the depth of the WR position. Look for CB, OT, and OLB on day one.
I agree somewhat: my tiers and in order
1. CB, OLB, OT (only levi brown though), WR
2. DT, HB
3. PK, TE
4. FB

I just switched it around a little bit. I think WR in the 3rd round is a must. if a big name like jarrett falls to us 2nd round we have to bite

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^idk how big a need OT is if we dont address it early. Anyone selected after our second round pick wouldnt be starting for us next year. that area depends on Whimper I suppose. if there is an injury Suebert can play tackle and Reugemer can play guard. Not ideal at all though.

not really sure what you mean by the whole tier thing, but we just need a rotational DT and a backup TE. those can still be addressed through minor F/A moves or late in the draft

I doubt we take a CB and Safety on the first day, but its not entirely impossible and I was just kind of saying how i wanted it to go down. Weddle probably wont be available in the 3rd anyways

But since this is about WR, I want a WR and if we dont sign a free agent, I want a WR in the second or 3rd depending on the board
Old 04-11-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
^idk how big a need OT is if we dont address it early. Anyone selected after our second round pick wouldnt be starting for us next year. that area depends on Whimper I suppose. if there is an injury Suebert can play tackle and Reugemer can play guard. Not ideal at all though.

not really sure what you mean by the whole tier thing, but we just need a rotational DT and a backup TE. those can still be addressed through minor F/A moves or late in the draft

I doubt we take a CB and Safety on the first day, but its not entirely impossible and I was just kind of saying how i wanted it to go down. Weddle probably wont be available in the 3rd anyways
For DT - Laron Harris, Walter Thomas, or Stanley Doughty in round 5
For TE - Kevin Boss, Michael Allen in round 6
Old 04-11-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

^yea. I like all those guys. Joe Newton is another option. He's like 6 feet 8 and a huge redzone threat. He's a decent blocker and has good hands.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
^yea. I like all those guys. Joe Newton is another option. He's like 6 feet 8 and a huge redzone threat. He's a decent blocker and has good hands.
Oh and Matt Spaeth. Arguably the best blocking TE in the draft.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

My plan is still Ted Ginn in the 1st.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got the impression we will run with Mix, Jennings, Moss, and Tyree and perhaps a draft pick or street FA and let the kids play. That was the impression i got from Reese in one his quotes.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Aundrae Allison, Jason Hill, Steve Smith and Mike Walker as mid rounder picks. Can we use a pick for the rights to possibly acquire Jeff Samardzija in the future?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
I like Aundrae Allison, Jason Hill, Steve Smith and Mike Walker as mid rounder picks. Can we use a pick for the rights to possibly acquire Jeff Samardzija in the future?
yea, we could still pick Jeff, but its really a waste. Better off getting someone who we know will play and a kid who will really work his a$$ off to make the team
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
My plan is still Ted Ginn in the 1st.
I would love to see that happen.
________
BONDAGE MODEL

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 08:48 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had Charles Rogers in for a visist. UGH!
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote