Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-20-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry my "riddle" wasn't up to standards with your "interview questions"

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Sorry my "riddle" wasn't up to standards with your "interview questions"
it's "alright"
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the worst is when my friend was getting a job at home depot. the interviewer goes "so... you're a salesman eh? sell me something."

this business frat at ucla my friend was trying to get into had the same question. they made them sell them a pen. My friend pretended it was a magic wand... he didn't get in.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've gotten lots of these....in most cases, it's not at all about getting them right. The interviewer just wants to see how you go about solving a problem. In the past 2 months, I've seen "How many ping pong balls fit in a 747", "How many lightbulbs are there in Australia?", "You have two sand-glass timers, one with 7 minutes worth of sand and another with 4 minutes worth of sand, how do you use both to precisely time 12 minutes?"
Old 05-22-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read a yahoo article about this. This is a question they ask for United Health Group:

Coke or Pepsi?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given who is asking the questions, I'd pick neither.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was asked to name the different ways to use bricks. After "Use them to build..." if gets a bit difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about "throw them in the face of the interviewer for asking such a stupid question?"
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These type of questions lost their relevance with the interwebz growing so quickly. If you go into a job interview and are surprised by anything, well, you only have yourself to blame because all that info is out there.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouda said...to take out a front CV Axle....cuz...that's what I use bricks for lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I wouda said...to take out a front CV Axle....cuz...that's what I use bricks for lol
Throw threatening messages through windows, hold doors open, use them as a weapon, hold down lightweight objects...
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cook, turn into powder.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy necro thread...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
"You have two sand-glass timers, one with 7 minutes worth of sand and another with 4 minutes worth of sand, how do you use both to precisely time 12 minutes?"

Disregard glass timers, set cell phone timer.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suck at job interviews. Just a ton of pressure for me. Sometimes i think fast and come up with good answers, sometimes i just go blank. I try to prepare as much as i can, going over my resume and experiences/stories at previous jobs/school that can help me with the current job, but one curveball question can screw me up. I'm actually a lot better in real job situations for whatever reason, but the actual interview just sucks. I think the pressure of one bad answer costing me a job just gets to me.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Disregard glass timers, set cell phone timer.
You would not be selected because you can't follow instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I suck at job interviews. Just a ton of pressure for me. Sometimes i think fast and come up with good answers, sometimes i just go blank. I try to prepare as much as i can, going over my resume and experiences/stories at previous jobs/school that can help me with the current job, but one curveball question can screw me up. I'm actually a lot better in real job situations for whatever reason, but the actual interview just sucks. I think the pressure of one bad answer costing me a job just gets to me.
glassdoor.com is your friend.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I've gotten lots of these....in most cases, it's not at all about getting them right. The interviewer just wants to see how you go about solving a problem. In the past 2 months, I've seen "How many ping pong balls fit in a 747", "How many lightbulbs are there in Australia?", "You have two sand-glass timers, one with 7 minutes worth of sand and another with 4 minutes worth of sand, how do you use both to precisely time 12 minutes?"
You could just use the four minute one three times. But since you have to use them both. Flip them both over at the same time. When the four minute one is done, flip over the seven minute one. That one will have four minutes worth of sand falling. When that one is done, flip over the four minute one again until it runs out of sand. 12 minutes.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 05-22-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
You could just use the four minute one three times. But since you have to use them both. Flip them both over at the same time. When the four minute one is done, flip over the seven minute one. That one will have four minutes worth of sand falling. When that one is done, flip over the four minute one again until it runs out of sand. 12 minutes.
You got it.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

My last interview (which I didn't get the job because I am too qualified) asked me to give an example within the past year where I had conflict at work and how I dealt with it. Pretty common question.

The problem is, what I do at work is I'm part of a two-person team. I'm good friends with the guy I work with. And even though we are on the same team, we work independently. So there is never any conflict so I completely botched the question.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
My last interview (which I didn't get the job because I am too qualified) asked me to give an example within the past year where I had conflict at work and how I dealt with it. Pretty common question.

The problem is, what I do at work is I'm part of a two-person team. I'm good friends with the guy I work with. And even though we are on the same team, we work independently. So there is never any conflict so I completely botched the question.
Yeah.....you just gotta have something in the bag.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always rock the conflict questions due to my work as an umpire. Money.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I always rock the conflict questions due to my work as an umpire. Money.
I bet you're the worst umpire ever.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha at the "correct" answer for that timer one...

I'd have totally just said throw out the 7m timer and just use the 4 3 times as that is the logical answer.

If they then required me to use both... I'd probably have said flip the 4 minute one 3 times and use the 7m one to play with to pass the time while I wait for the other one... because lets be honest... why would I use both when using one is the better option.

That would be like using 2 programs to do something at work when you could do it all in one, all you'd be doing is increasing the likelihood of errors and making things harder. Which as someone who has now worked for nearly 5 years... is pretty much how most businesses do things, so I guess that's a good question :)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Never really understood the "conflict" question. Just seems like an incredibly weighted question to me.

If you admit to having conflicts then you fail. If you don't have conflicts then you didn't answer the question and you fail. It's the interview equivalent of would you rather be shot or stabbed.

Being an umpire would be a great result if that question came up though due to the nature of the job, but in most work environments, if you have conflict you did something wrong.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha when my boss asked me how I resolved a conflict at my previous job...I wasn't sure if to tell the truth or lie...the position was virtually the same so I decided on a half truth.

Neutralize the threat and escort him out of the premises.

Text book wording and what not.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote