Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How Good Do You Think Andy Dalton Can Be?

It's a question worth asking. His physical tools max out around average at best, which is always a limiting factor in a QBs ceiling. It's why he was available in the 2nd round last year while other less-polished but more physically talented QBs were drafted well ahead of him (Locker and Gabbert particularly.)

He was adequate for the Bengals last year and played well enough for them to beat the weaker teams on their schedule. I would take that from a rookie QB and I think most others would as well.

But what is said here matches my concerns with him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-andy-dalton/

For those who don't like clicking links and reading, here is a brief summary.

Jay Gruden did a great job in masking Dalton's deficiencies (spelled that right on my first try, **** yeah) last year. But, as the media talks him up as a potential up-and-coming franchise QB, the Bengals organization has rallied a bit to temper expectations.

Quote:
The league seemed to catch onto Dalton’s act about midway through his rookie year. In the Bengals’ final nine games, including the playoffs, Dalton completed just 169-of-301 passes (56.1 percent) for 1,959 yards (6.51 YPA) with seven touchdowns compared to 12 turnovers. Dalton roared out of the gates against a soft early-season schedule, only to flounder when the passing windows got smaller against stouter stretch-run defenses.
So how good do you think Andy Dalton will be in this league?

My personal comparison for where I see him maxing out is at the level of post-multiple-shoulder-surgeries Chad Pennington. A smart guy, good leader, accurate...but doesn't have the arm strength or general athleticism to take over games like a franchise QB should be able to do.

If the Bengals really develop that team around him, and they're well on their way with a couple of good drafts running now, he could easily game manage them to success. AJ Green is a legit #1 WR and I think Sanu could develop beautifully as a #2 possession guy, which will be huge for someone like Dalton. They have what could be a great TE combo in Gresham and Orson Charles (steal.) Their o-line wasn't that bad and now they've added Zeitler. And they're very fond of drafting all of those low-floor, high-ceiling types on defense. If they get all that clicking, Dalton could be adequate for them.

Thoughts?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mid-season I remember saying Cam Newton would still win the OROY and got called on it for not picking Dalton. I thought Dalton's rookie year was impressive, but he worked well within a system surrounded by talented teammates.

I think Dalton will be fine, and I think Cincy can win with him. And having a lower-end QB that can get it done may be advantageous because it lets you be more flexible with the rest of the roster. Super high-end QBs are eventually going to price themselves out of usefulness. It already happened with the Colts and Manning, and the Saints are trying to avoid it with Brees.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Mid-season I remember saying Cam Newton would still win the OROY and got called on it for not picking Dalton. I thought Dalton's rookie year was impressive, but he worked well within a system surrounded by talented teammates.

I think Dalton will be fine, and I think Cincy can win with him. And having a lower-end QB that can get it done may be advantageous because it lets you be more flexible with the rest of the roster. Super high-end QBs are eventually going to price themselves out of usefulness. It already happened with the Colts and Manning, and the Saints are trying to avoid it with Brees.
Newton was definitely "more impressive" though he didn't register the wins Dalton did. But one thing I'm quick to point out about Newton is that he still has plenty of flaws that were brilliantly covered up last year but will need to be improved upon in order to avoid the sophomore slump. Anyway, different story there...

The bolded part I have some problems with.

For one, any relatively successful QB, whether he is actually a franchise caliber QB or not, will demand ludicrous sums of money. Joe Flacco wanting top 5 QB money is a perfect example. Plus, with guys like Rodgers and Stafford approaching the time to renegotiate in the next few seasons, they're going to raise the QB salary bar even higher.

I see a lot of QBs looking at what Calvin Johnson got and seeing that as their floor. Yes, he's a super-elite WR but he is still a WR. QBs will want more money than that.

So you don't necessarily need to be an elite QB to price yourself that high up.

Additionally, teams that build up a surrounding cast but are limited at QB are going to have financial problems as well. Keeping a team together that you've drafted yourself is difficult. No individual in the mix may demand huge QB money, but add them up, and there will be problems once some of the younger guys get off their rookie deals and start wanting more money.

There are benefits and flaws to both ways, but if given the choice, I'm taking the elite franchise QB and doing what I can with the surrounding talent. In the last 4 Superbowls, the starting QBs for each team were Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Ben again and Kurt Warner.

While it's possible to get far without an elite QB, having one seems to be the most surefire way to get to the Superbowl.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe he can have every bit as successful a career as Matt Hasslebeck if not even more.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You gotta remember, Dalton had no offseason before last year and he was still damn impressive. I think the sky is the limit here, seriously. Give him a few offseasons and keep building that team (they're hitting home runs in the last few drafts) and I think you could see a legit top 10-15 QB in the NFL.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been saying that I think he could have a Colt McCoy-esque Sophomore Slump. His weapons are a bit better than McCoy's were but he doesn't have a good running game to back him up. At the end of the day, I don't expect him to slump. Not quite as bad as McCoy, but enough for the Bengals to miss the playoffs.

Long term, I see him as a Matt Cassel type guy. Not great. But good enough to win you a few games, make the playoffs occasionally with the right supporting cast, and keep you from being in a position to grab a top-flight QB prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I've been saying that I think he could have a Colt McCoy-esque Sophomore Slump. His weapons are a bit better than McCoy's were but he doesn't have a good running game to back him up. At the end of the day, I don't expect him to slump. Not quite as bad as McCoy, but enough for the Bengals to miss the playoffs.

Long term, I see him as a Matt Cassel type guy. Not great. But good enough to win you a few games, make the playoffs occasionally with the right supporting cast, and keep you from being in a position to grab a top-flight QB prospect.
Man, I hope for the Bengals fans here that that doesn't turn out to be the case. It's a constant state of sucktitude that we can't seem to escape from.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Price themselves out of usefulness? lower-end QBs give you a chance to compete with a competent group around them. Super high-end QBs give you a chance to win the super bowl.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something like 62%, 3600 yards, 24 TD, and 12 INT per season seems like a realistic projection for the next couple of years.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Price themselves out of usefulness? lower-end QBs give you a chance to compete with a competent group around them. Super high-end QBs give you a chance to win the super bowl.
The pendulum always swings back the other way and I don't think QB pricetags can keep getting higher and higher.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how you can make solid predictions from a rookie QB's first NFL season, good or bad.

Even the HOF QBs we all exalt had mediocre rookie seasons.
Dalton's rookie year, for a rookie, was outstanding.
I think he can be a guy who can lead a strong team on both sides of the football to a SB, and keep a team with a few pieces on D and Offense competitive, but IMO they won't play above their talent level.

I like Dalton's football IQ, and so long as he's asked to do the things he can do well and not play out of his mind every Sunday like a Jay Cutler, I think Dalton will end up being a very shrewd pick for the Bengals.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really hard to say how good he will be.

As was pointed out in the OP:
They didn't exactly have a tough schedule last year and really didn't beat any good teams.

Overall I think the Bengals became a bit overrated last year.

Let's see if Dalton/Bengals can get a win over the Ravens or Steelers this coming season before we try to judge how good he/they will be.

However, if I had to make a guess, I see a major 2nd year slump for Dalton before he develops into an average starter.

I won't imagine he would keep them from taking a top signal caller in the future though if one fell to them.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Cassell good.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as Jay Gruden is still the OC, I think he'll be the QB.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The pendulum always swings back the other way and I don't think QB pricetags can keep getting higher and higher.
Maybe, but I would prefer an Aaron Rodgers and a bunch of non first round talent around him that he elevates to a whole new level than a QB that actually holds talent back.

This is also coming from a Browns fan who hasn't seen good QB play for over a decade.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Maybe, but I would prefer an Aaron Rodgers and a bunch of non first round talent around him that he elevates to a whole new level than a QB that actually holds talent back.
This is close to what I think of Dalton. I don't see him as a guy who makes lesser talent improve. But I don't think he is a QB that holds a team back, either. As long as there is enough talent around him I think he will do well.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even as a Bengals fan I know there is still a lot to prove. But Dalton did exactly what was asked of him in his first season. There is little to doubt so far imo.

I think his ceiling his higher than most people think as well. His arm strength isn't that bad. It's a concern, but not at the level that makes him a bust purely based on it.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
My personal comparison for where I see him maxing out is at the level of post-multiple-shoulder-surgeries Chad Pennington. A smart guy, good leader, accurate...but doesn't have the arm strength or general athleticism to take over games like a franchise QB should be able to do.
What? Compared to post surgery Pennington, Dalton's Donovon McNabb. He's got better arm strength and velocity then he's given credit for. Better than Cassel for sure and leagues above Pennington. His mobility apparently is also underrated. Forgetting he was a dual threat guy at TCU? ..ending up with 22 rushing TDs. Even a young Pennington avg only .9 a rush at Marshall. Dalton can move and extend plays without difficulty.

I hated him coming out but after watching and rewatching him from last season I was dead wrong. I like the Hasselbeck comparison but I think he's got a better arm. I'd even say he's a poor man's Troy Aikman with better mobility. If the Bengals hold on to their rec threats and find a back as good or better than Benson, Dalton's capable of keeping them in the playoff picture for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dalton will end up being the Best QB in Franchise History

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I'd even say he's a poor man's Troy Aikman.
That's actually a really good comparison. Like, about as perfect a comparison as you could name. Only problem is that he will never have a dynasty to support him like Aikman did. Dalton is a damn good player. He'll always be underrated. He's a ginger with average physical tools, but the guy is a winner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm stealing BeerBaron and killxswitch's avatars for next year's draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cam worked well within a system surrounded by talented teammates too. Sorry, but take Steve Smith and Jonathan Stewart away and people would be calling Cam Newton a bust right now.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I believe he can have every bit as successful a career as Matt Hasslebeck if not even more.
This is exactly what I was thinking.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:14 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he can be real good.

there is a lot of things to like about Dalton. his accuracy is spot-on most of the time. he's more mobile than a lot of people seem to think. he has great character. he's a winner.

people ***** about his arm strength a lot, but i think it is more than good enough. he has supposedly put on about 10lbs of muscle in the off-season, but when it comes to arm strength typically you either have it or you don't. it isn't a big deal to me as some people make it sound, though.

the main problem i had with Dalton in 2011 was his tendency to stare down his primary receiver. i think that with a full-offseason and his rookie experience, he'll be more comfortable with the offense and we won't be seeing as much of that.

Dalton is already better than many QBs in the league. i think he could potentially be top 10 in the future if the team continues to draft well (since we know damn well they won't grab anybody in FA :D)
Old 05-23-2012, 05:53 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's in a really good position with a TON of good weapons in the passing game and a solid Oline around him. the thing is though, and I know it's only going to be his 2nd season, but I'm not sure I see that ability in him to completely take over a game and be dominant down the stretch and in the playoffs ala Brees, the Mannings, Brady and Rodgers. Yes, I know that means he wouldn't be a top 5 QB, but those are the guys who've been winning super bowls of late, are they not? I like him and the Bengals, but I'm not sure he's got that ability to do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote