Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-16-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, and I'd expect those to get done fairly quickly, probably in the next day or two.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Worth a camp look and worth looking at as a guy who could come in mid-season when Moeaki inevitably gets injured again. But I think they roll with Moeaki, Boss, and Maneri for their TEs.
Why not go 1 year with Clark or even Shockey. No long term cap issues and definitely do not think any short term cap issue... load it up!!!
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:02 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they are actively looking for an H-back. It may be someone on the roster, like Bannon, a draftee, like Hemingway, or one of the others (Hillis?).

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donald Stephenson signed. Only Poe left unsigned.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Donald Stephenson signed. Only Poe left unsigned.
with the Bills signing Gilmore gives both Poe's camp & the Chiefs a ceiling for what a contract will be
Old 05-17-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out Looney's OTA wrap up show.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...5-15e41c372087

Some good things. An interview with Devon Wylie, who seems to have his head on straight. Some time on Allen and Stephenson, who were roomed together, and may eventually play together at LG and LT. Also my favorite UDFA, Dexter Heyman, LB Louisville. Looney says he looks like a bigger Demorrio Williams.

The highlight was some clips from the 50 year celebration. 70 year old Bobby Bell snatches a coin from Dontai Poe's hand. Shades of Kung Fu.

Finally there was an interesting comment from Steve Wyche. When he talked about injuries, he kept going back to Cassel. He said that when MC went down, the Chiefs lost the "flavor" of their offense. He also liked the free agency, because they signed depth at important positions.

J
Old 05-17-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get the feeling Devon Wylie is going to be the guy that everyone talks about in camp and than the season starts and nothing...

I haven't had a downer post in awhile, I thought I would just throw that out there.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:26 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I get the feeling Devon Wylie is going to be the guy that everyone talks about in camp and than the season starts and nothing...

I haven't had a downer post in awhile, I thought I would just throw that out there.

I have high hopes for Wylie. He is a very good return man, so slot receiver is a natural for him. Comparing him the to the best slot receiver of all time is unfair. But I think he might develop into someone as good as Breaston.

J
Old 05-18-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't expect much out of Wylie this year but in a year or two I could see him becoming a big player in our offense.

Hopefully he is durable. And hopefully they find a role for McCluster.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's more about whether Daboll creates a role for him in the offense or not this year. They have 5 really good receiving options and 3 good running options. Formations that involve Wylie are probably going to be rare for the simple fact that it would be going away from the strength of the offense to have anything out there that doesn't involve Bowe, Baldwin, Moeaki, and Boss/Breaston.

If someone gets injured or Bowe just decides not to show up, then I'd be getting pretty excited about the possibilities Wylie can bring to the offense. He's super dangerous in the role he'll play as a slot receiver. Wylie with the ball in space is a big play waiting to happen.

Last edited by nepg : 05-18-2012 at 07:09 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jonathan Baldwin is running with the first team as "The Bowe Show" is a "No Show".
Old 05-21-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Haha, I didn't expect Bowe to be at OTAs. I do think they're working on a deal though.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

The Chiefs signed a Bowe look alike. If he turns out to be a play alike, that got hurt (ACL), he could be worth something. The injury was in 2010.

Aaron Weaver - 6'2", 220.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...f-a561b73e4665

J
Old 05-23-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
The Chiefs signed a Bowe look alike. If he turns out to be a play alike, that got hurt (ACL), he could be worth something. The injury was in 2010.

Aaron Weaver - 6'2", 220.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...f-a561b73e4665
I read this at first as "Chiefs signed Bowe" only to realize they signed some guy that will never make the team.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weaver's just a camp body IMO.with the NFL expanding rosters to 90 probably signed some guys for depth purposes
Old 05-24-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Weaver's just a camp body IMO.with the NFL expanding rosters to 90 probably signed some guys for depth purposes
Guys like that are the entire point of the expanded rosters. You throw guys out there and see if anything sticks. Worst-case, the rest of your team is better because the players that make your roster had to step up their game to keep guys like Weaver off the roster. And the Chiefs really missed that aspect last year.

He'll be competing for a spot on the PS.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I mean it isn't impossible, but he is going to have an up hill battle with Bowe,Baldwin,Breaston and Wylie taking up four WR spots.

Last edited by Splat : 05-24-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

who remembers Bobby Sippio?wll he's now in jail for attempted murder, kidnapping, armed robbery with a firearm and aggrevated battery
Old 05-26-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
who remembers Bobby Sippio?wll he's now in jail for attempted murder, kidnapping, armed robbery with a firearm and aggrevated battery
With a name like that, I pretty much expected those outcomes. Not surprised.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Bunch if Chiefs at Buzzard Beach tonight. Tony Mo bought car bombs for everyone.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

speaking of Mo, of the 3 big ACL injuries last year, he seems to be on the longest track back to health. Berry and Charles, although not participating 100% in drills, are in "uniform" and able to at least partially practice. Mo isn't even dressed to practice. concidering that his injury, even if only a few weeks, happened 1st, this is somewhat concerning knowing his past injury history. he maybe a slow healer, but his ability to be ready for training camp has to be in question. these OTAs are non-contact and require only running/cutting and knowledge of the playbook. being unable to participate in these meager tasks in late May has to be a red flag for full-contact in July, right?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, I was actually coming to ask a question then saw this and got side tracked. I used to love watching Sip play, I always thought he could have carved out a role playing in the slot but he wasn't very explosive. Crazy to hear the trouble some of these guys get into when football is gone.

But on the WR subject, what are you guys expecting from Baldwin this year? I was always pro Baldwin coming out and it seemed like everyone hated the guy, but I saw some flashes from him as a rookie that shows me he can turn into something. I didn't see all his games, so I can't attest to how he looked every snap, but I was wondering if you guys are expecting him to take a huge leap this year as the WR opposite Bowe or just slightly improve on last years numbers and be a role player.

I am still confident that if he doesn't turn into a stud it's his own fault. He can play, but I can't say I'm confident that he'll work his butt off to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Haha, I was actually coming to ask a question then saw this and got side tracked. I used to love watching Sip play, I always thought he could have carved out a role playing in the slot but he wasn't very explosive. Crazy to hear the trouble some of these guys get into when football is gone.

But on the WR subject, what are you guys expecting from Baldwin this year? I was always pro Baldwin coming out and it seemed like everyone hated the guy, but I saw some flashes from him as a rookie that shows me he can turn into something. I didn't see all his games, so I can't attest to how he looked every snap, but I was wondering if you guys are expecting him to take a huge leap this year as the WR opposite Bowe or just slightly improve on last years numbers and be a role player.

I am still confident that if he doesn't turn into a stud it's his own fault. He can play, but I can't say I'm confident that he'll work his butt off to get there.
i think Baldwin has to take a big step this year. last year was a handicap for all rookies with no offseason. his thumb injury really hampered him early as well. he lost a lot of much needed practice time with Cassel.

This year, everyone is learning Daboll's offense. so, he isn't handicapped any more than anyone else. he has participated in all the offseason workouts with a good attitude. he will get much more in tune with Cassel (or vice versa) and maybe most importantly, Charles & Hillis and a threat of a legit running game should make all the WRs better this year.

i don't know that i want to put a yardage and catch total as an estimate of my expectations, but i feel that he will get many more targets and score a lot more. i'm hoping for 8-10 TDs this year. especially if Moeki is completely healthy.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Baldwin has the big advantage of being a jump ball artist. That is a major weapon in the red zone.

J
Old 05-28-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I expect him to have a big year. Without an offseason and without Thomas Jones he should hit the ground running. He has a ton of talent and he will get a chance to work with Cassel and the other receivers all offseason.

I think him and Bowe work the outsides this year with Breaston in the slot. That is a dangerous group.