Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
At least it's periodic unlike the constant Knicks and Kings talk sprinkled in with a little Bulls (though I do miss sweetness) and A LOT OF HEAT BASHING.
Lakers get sprinkled in as well.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wall will be fine. He just needs one strong willed teammate or coach to yell at him every time he shoots a jumper. It's not like he is bad now either, he is still a damn effective player just not the top 10-20 guy we expected.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Wall will be fine. He just needs one strong willed teammate or coach to yell at him every time he shoots a jumper. It's not like he is bad now either, he is still a damn effective player just not the top 10-20 guy we expected.
he just needs a new team.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
he just needs a new team.
Seriously.....almost everyone relevant that he has played with has been a class A moron. They don't care if he takes jumpers and turns it over. Even if they do get in his grill, why should he care? I really think Wall can and will be an excellent player.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Eh, when the Magic trade Dwight for Bynum and Bynum bolts after the season, the Magic pretty much have no future. With that in mind...
Dwight has no desire to play for the Lakers... it's Brooklyn or bust. I expect it this summer, once the Magic find out if the Nets will have that top 3 pick or not. I expect they will, since they're moving into a huge market and there always seems to be some "surprise" come lottery time.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are cutting those idiots out. Nene actually helped turn the team around we are 7-4 with him. And even though he take raw athletes now the guys like Vesley, Booker, Seraphin actually care unlike McGee, young, blatche. That trio is probably the dumbest trio in the nba
Old 05-24-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
They are cutting those idiots out. Nene actually helped turn the team around we are 7-4 with him. And even though he take raw athletes now the guys like Vesley, Booker, Seraphin actually care unlike McGee, young, blatche. That trio is probably the dumbest trio in the nba
Yeah. You could see a big difference in Wall with Nene there actually.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At least it's periodic unlike the constant Knicks and Kings talk sprinkled in with a little Bulls (though I do miss sweetness) and A LOT OF HEAT BASHING.
I was not trying to bash the Magic. I was just joking around about how its like the old days when there used to be a lot of Magic talk.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I was not trying to bash the Magic. I was just joking around about how its like the old days when there used to be a lot of Magic talk.
In that case I plan to bombard this thread with MOAR MAGICZ TALK! =)

I got nuttin but love for you baby.

So Jameer Nelson says he will opt out because he doesn't want to be traded during the season as an expiring contract. Which teams will target him in FA?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pau for Granger + Collison?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That'll never happen. If it does...Indie is stupid.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-24-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let me guess... you're a Lakers fan?

Speaking of the Lakers... what do you think about Mitch Kupchak. Good GM?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pau has nowhere near that much value...find a deal to do with Houston and be happy with that

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Let me guess... you're a Lakers fan?

Speaking of the Lakers... what do you think about Mitch Kupchak. Good GM?
He's done ok but also had his serious idiotic moments too (signing artest instead of giving ariza money).

Pau's value was high during the allstar break but it really dipped this post season.

Besides, I didn't think Pau's value is high, I thought Granger's was low.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
He's done ok but also had his serious idiotic moments too (signing artest instead of giving ariza money).

Pau's value was high during the allstar break but it really dipped this post season.

I think Kupchak has done very well.

I'd rather have Artest than Ariza tbh.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Pau has nowhere near that much value...find a deal to do with Houston and be happy with that
but all we want is Lowry, and I don't know if Houston is willing to trade him.

I want to sign Goran Dragic, trade Pau for a 3 and sign Kris Humphries in addition to trading Bynum for Howard.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Yeah, can't really say that Kupchak has ever impressed me much either.

Can't understand why the Magic are trying to target him.

....you thought Grangers value was low???
Old 05-24-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I think Kupchak has done very well.

I'd rather have Artest than Ariza tbh.
He's done well and plays great defense but he's 6 years older than Ariza and came into the start of the season out of shape.

The reason we went after him as I stated before was a panic move to counter lebron. We thought/assumed we'd be playing Lebron in the finals so we had to do something thatd be able to stop him the best we could.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
but all we want is Lowry, and I don't know if Houston is willing to trade him.

I want to sign Goran Dragic, trade Pau for a 3 and sign Kris Humphries in addition to trading Bynum for Howard.
Why would you like to see them trade Bynum for Howard if Howard has made it clear that LA is not a desirable long term option for him?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:

his shooting percentage is pretty pedestrian add into the fact that Paul George's emergence (it's his team) thought they'd make a move to shake it up and give them a little more size.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Why would you like to see them trade Bynum for Howard if Howard has made it clear that LA is not a desirable long term option for him?
Cause if we win a ring the first year, that might change everything.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:

Think it was yo who said Indie should have traded Granger sooner since now teams realize he isn't that good and his value has lowered.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Lakers also, reportedly want Andre Iguodala, not sure what itd take to get him though.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Granger has boosted his value with this playoff series.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Cause if we win a ring the first year, that might change everything.
I don't think a ring would do anything for him in wanting to stay in LA. Kobe's career is towards the end, there is no other star on the team after him, and he wants to be in NYC above all else. Obviously he'd love to have a ring but the long term potential of getting one, or in your hypothetical getting another, would be limited by staying in LA.