Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-26-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Don't hate on Louie!

Oh christ Brody, Firefly is worse than Angel and Buffy? Get the **** out of here. I almost understand your love for Dollhouse.. I don't agree, but I almost understand it, but now you're being ********.
Buffy and Angel were allowed to continue and have far more emotional resonance and awesome arcs. Firefly didn't have that in its one season. Plus, Angel is Whedon's best show so I'm confused as to the hate you're giving it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Buffy and Angel were allowed to continue and have far more emotional resonance and awesome arcs. Firefly didn't have that in its one season. Plus, Angel is Whedon's best show so I'm confused as to the hate you're giving it.
Well, no, Firefly is his best show. That much is certain. And you can't dock a show because Fox is ********.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Well, no, Firefly is his best show. That much is certain. And you can't dock a show because Fox is ********.
Yes I can. I can dock a show for not being able to do what it wanted to, so it never achieved success that others did. It is Whedon's strongest first season, so I'm sure it would've went further than the others if given the chance, but it wasn't. **** happens.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-26-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Angel is Whedon's strongest show. For sure. Now THAT is an underrated show.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Angel is Whedon's strongest show. For sure. Now THAT is an underrated show.
Season 1 was good.

2-3 rocked.

4 was a bit of a disappointment.

That might have to do with season 3 ending so dam well. I hyped it up in my mind to much before watching.

Also

Season 5 was up and down but all in all was good.

Last edited by Splat : 05-26-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will cut you, Brody.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Season 1 was good.

2-3 rocked.

4 was a bit of a disappointment.

That might have to do with season 3 ending so dam well. I hyped it up in my mind to much before watching.

Also

Season 5 was up and down but all in all was good.
Season 1 was by farrrrrr the worst season, and it was just a drag for most of it until Faith came around. Season 5 is god tier.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-26-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought season one was pretty good. I think 4 and 1 are definitely the weakest. 2 and 3 were just brilliant and 5 had the Angel/Spike dynamic which was incredible.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watch Sherlock? My mom keeps trying to get me to watch it, but I'm on the fence at this point.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Anyone watch Sherlock? My mom keeps trying to get me to watch it, but I'm on the fence at this point.
Yes. It's not the RDJr. brand of Sherlock, more the authentic mystery type of Sherlock, and at that, it's fantastic. Do be aware that it has only three episodes per season, and each episode is one and a half hours long.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
They are amazing.

The final episode in each season are probably my favorite episodes of anything in recent memory. Episode 3 of the most recent season is probably my favorite episode of any television in the past 3 years.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 episodes into Friday Night Lights and I've found another thing to complain about besides the cinematography. See below if you care. There's no plot spoilers, just my quick take on what I've seen so far:

Old 05-26-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
They are amazing.

The final episode in each season are probably my favorite episodes of anything in recent memory. Episode 3 of the most recent season is probably my favorite episode of any television in the past 3 years.
my favorite show on tv right now. the season 2 finale was incredible. unfortunately the seasons are only three episodes long and there's going to be a solid gap between seasons 2 and 3, but well worth the wait.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* hate Friday Night Lights, watched s1 just so my friends would quit bitching
Old 05-26-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched the first episode of The Black Donnellys and found it enjoyable for the most part. Aside from seeing Olivia Wilde, hearing this guy's voice was the best part:

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I ******* hate Friday Night Lights, watched s1 just so my friends would quit bitching
You are also a terrible person.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-27-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll continue to offer my critique's of season 1 of Friday Night Lights, so long as I tolerate its obvious shortcomings long enough to make it through.

I cannot fathom what sort of idiot would have decided to shoot the whole show with shaky, handheld cameras and to obnoxiously zoom in and out at random on people's faces. I watch a 20 second scene of the coaching staff breaking down game film and there's SIX (I counted them) cuts from six different camera angles to capture the scene as a bunch of guys sit there stationary. That's one example of a million.

Oh look, here's a scene in a diner with out of focus people constantly walking in front of the camera as we try to focus on the person speaking. It's not artsy or original, it's just stupid and distracting.

And what is with all the goddamn extreme close up shots of people? Believe me, the acting isn't good enough to warrant them.

The piss poor style of filming this detracts from the actual plot and dialogue.

Last edited by Xiomera : 05-27-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fenikz and Xio should burn for hating FNL. Way to try to be different.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Things I learned in Episode 4 of FNL:

- Malicious vandalism isn't a crime in Texas
- Neither is assault
- Coach Taylor is a dick
- They have Week 3 bye weeks in Texas football
- You have to go undefeated in the regular season because despite the fact that only the playoffs are single elimination, the obnoxious radio commentator will tell you otherwise and insist that the third game of the season is actually what the whole season rides on. (I really wonder what Texans think of this show's portrayal of Texas high school football.)
Old 05-27-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

-Can't prove anything
-Can't prove anything without someone telling on another
-No he isn't
-You have proof that they don't?
-Also not true, it's reactionary anger because the radio guy's an asshole.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-27-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Man, I am gonna have so much fun picking this show apart and watching the fanboys squirm.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

It's almost as easy as picking Lost apart, when you bring up "THOSE WEREN'T IMPORTANT MYSTERIES" or go with the typical Lindleof "IT WAS ABOUT THE CHARACTERS, WE HAVE NO FORESIGHT" excuse (I actually don't mind the end of Lost, but it wasn't wrapped up the way it should have been).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-27-2012, 06:56 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I just watched the first episode of The Black Donnellys and found it enjoyable for the most part. Aside from seeing Olivia Wilde, hearing this guy's voice was the best part:

I had entirely forgot half the actors in the pilot until Tackle brought em up when I told him to watch it

and Brody I bet you would love John Carter

Last edited by fenikz : 05-27-2012 at 07:00 AM.
fenikz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I really wonder what Texans think of this show's portrayal of Texas high school football.
One of the things that bug me about FNL is that they are a "small town" but are some how a 5A school.

And that in season 3 everyone shifts ages. Oh and the stupid amount of made up neverending "drama." It's basically a soap opera. I live in Texas and 90% of that show is blown out of proportion.

Also, a kid in a wheelchair without a college education goes NO WHERE IN LIFE, guys. No where.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Friday Night Lights is just a modern rip-off of Remember the Titans.

#TruthBomb