Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-12-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Am I the Only One Scared of Our Kicker Situation?

Seriously. This is a very tough division. All the games are gonna be closely fought. Having a good kicker is gonna be key in winning football games at times. I can definately see some of our division games coming down to a field goal.

Are we supposed to honestly have faith in essentially a rookie Kicker? That almost always spells disaster.

Especially early in the season when he's still going through growing pains. Usually a kicker needs a full season before they turn the switch on, even high rated kickers like Nugent.

Another scary thought, we play division games right away. I believe its what, 4 out of our first 5 games?

So not only is this rookie kicker thrown in the mix, he's gotta do it early against division teams. Thats double the trouble.

Im starting to get worried about this. Im surrprised that Reese hasn't done anything about this. I would definately like to see an experienced Kicker on our roster sooner rather than later. This could be a problem heading into the season.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm praying Huston has a very good training camp and preseason. We will most likely bring in a rookie or even a vet to push him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question is, whos out there that you want? The list isn't full with great names, I wouldn't be upset if we brought in Vanderjagt or Hall to compete, but both have proven that they can't make a big kick or are injury prone
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
The question is, whos out there that you want? The list isn't full with great names, I wouldn't be upset if we brought in Vanderjagt or Hall to compete, but both have proven that they can't make a big kick or are injury prone
The ageless Morten Andersen?

There has to be somebody out there. Anybody. I want a veteran insurance policy.

Didn't NO cut somebody?
Old 04-12-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do u mean john hall who didnt kick past 40 yrds in a dome?

edit- i meant carney

Last edited by LTgiants : 04-12-2007 at 06:19 PM.
LTgiants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Didn't NO cut somebody?
Carney....43 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Kickers are a crap shoot more so than any other position I feel. It is common to find a gem in the UDFA pool, but uncommon to spend an ealry pick on one that warrants it. It's a tough scenario and i would not mind seeing Medlock drafted in the 6th or 7th round to compete with Huston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Novak might be out there. He was with WAS. He did good in '05 in relief of Hall and is a real good clutch guy. I believe he kicked 2 game winners for WAS. I was at both of his game winning games(one against SEA the other against DAL)

Low Quality Vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi0AXSvebfk

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Kickers make me nervous. Especially unproven ones. Dammit, why did we let go of Stover?

I think drafting a Kicker might be necessary. It worked out very well for NE. And the Jets. Teams are too close in talent nowadays, you need a good kicker. He could be the difference between winning and losing.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i feel really we have to give huston a shot. like said before, this isnt much out there in terms of vets. UDFA's could also come in and compete, but at the end of the day, i think it's gonna be huston as our kicker
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Didn't NO cut somebody?
What about Paul Edinger?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huston apparently has a huge leg. My buddy moved to Orlando and came back up for Easter. Hasn't been keeping up with Giants stuff down there, but heard Feely went to the Dolphins. So he said to me "who is going be our kicker?" I told him Mike Nugent's backup in college. Him being an Ohio St fan, he knew Huston right away and said that guy has a HUGE leg.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just happy Jay Feely isn't kicking for us to be honest. Ever since he missed three damn game winning kicks in one game (Seattle, 2005 Season) I've never forgiven him for that. Not to mention that ball he kicked right to Devin Hester this year. Basically completely shifted the momentum. Err..

The coaching staff has seen Huston all year during practice, so maybe they know something we don't. Hopefully they'll test him out during the pre-season.

That said, I too am a fan of Justin Medlock, really like the leg on that guy. Gotta love those lefty kickers.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm just happy Jay Feely isn't kicking for us to be honest. Ever since he missed three damn game winning kicks in one game (Seattle, 2005 Season) I've never forgiven him for that. Not to mention that ball he kicked right to Devin Hester this year. Basically completely shifted the momentum. Err..

The coaching staff has seen Huston all year during practice, so maybe they know something we don't. Hopefully they'll test him out during the pre-season.

That said, I too am a fan of Justin Medlock, really like the leg on that guy. Gotta love those lefty kickers.
I don't think Feeley was that bad at all. Outside that one game, he was probably our best kicker since Dalauiso (however you spell it). Think about that.

That kick against Chicago...it was like 58 yards. Against the wind. TC shouldve never made him kick that FG. Lovie knew it, thats why he had Hester back there. He knew it would go short. Apparently TC couldnt comprehend that, AT HIS OWN HOUSE.

Sigh...another year with Tom Coughlin.....
Old 04-13-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think Feeley was that bad at all. Outside that one game, he was probably our best kicker since Dalauiso (however you spell it). Think about that.

That kick against Chicago...it was like 58 yards. Against the wind. TC shouldve never made him kick that FG. Lovie knew it, thats why he had Hester back there. He knew it would go short. Apparently TC couldnt comprehend that, AT HIS OWN HOUSE.

Sigh...another year with Tom Coughlin.....
Oh, heh, I know it was a pretty dumb decision by TC to bring out Feely. That said, I do dislike Feely probably based more on small flukes and stupid misses on his part. For the most part, he's a good kicker - it's just after that Seattle game for the most part he had zero confience and missed many kicks.

I particulary remember in a Week 13 in the 2005 Season against Dallas that I'd went to when he bounced the football off the up right from what was a chip shot.

So yes, I am completely bias towards hating Jay Feely.

That said, I'm still glad he's gone because I like clutch kickers who you know will come through for you when you need them.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Oh, heh, I know it was a pretty dumb decision by TC to bring out Feely. That said, I do dislike Feely probably based more on small flukes and stupid misses on his part. For the most part, he's a good kicker - it's just after that Seattle game for the most part he had zero confience and missed many kicks.

I particulary remember in a Week 13 in the 2005 Season against Dallas that I'd went to when he bounced the football off the up right from what was a chip shot.

So yes, I am completely bias towards hating Jay Feely.

That said, I'm still glad he's gone because I like clutch kickers who you know will come through for you when you need them.
Outside of that one Seattle game, Feeley was actually very clutch.

The only reason I think we didn't resign him is because his broken foot scared away Reese. Reese probably thought he wouldn't be able to kick it far anymore.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i miss Brad Dalauiso he was amazing.
Quote: