Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Omg Harley Quinn's revenge is the tits.
Did you pop all the balloons? It took me 3 times to find all of them.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to buy Max Payne 3 but after reading about it decided to wait for the price to drop. Instead I started playing Read Dead again. Then a cougar happened, stealthed from behind, no warning roar, pants were shat, horse dead but not forgotten. Game, still awesome.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Gears

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New Gears

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly a prequel by the Bulletstorm guys. I heard good things about that game, but the lack of a competitive multiplayer mode held me back from buying it. Gears 3 was pretty awesome, although I didn't really spend anywhere near the amount of time with it as I should have.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Supposedly a prequel by the Bulletstorm guys. I heard good things about that game, but the lack of a competitive multiplayer mode held me back from buying it. Gears 3 was pretty awesome, although I didn't really spend anywhere near the amount of time with it as I should have.
Bulletstorm is a lot of fun, although short. Only having a horde mode multiplayer is a letdown. I haven't played too much of the mp, but I've replayed the campaign multiple times. It has really cool weapons and ways to kill enemies. The environments looked great and the enemies were pretty neat. They were the same team who did Painkiller, another great game.

I'm excited for this new Gears. So if it's a prequel, it is most likely set during the Pendulum Wars. COG vs UIR, not as interesting as fighting the Locust, but there should be plenty of mechs to destroy.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for the trailer at E3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Bulletstorm is a lot of fun, although short. Only having a horde mode multiplayer is a letdown. I haven't played too much of the mp, but I've replayed the campaign multiple times. It has really cool weapons and ways to kill enemies. The environments looked great and the enemies were pretty neat. They were the same team who did Painkiller, another great game.

I'm excited for this new Gears. So if it's a prequel, it is most likely set during the Pendulum Wars. COG vs UIR, not as interesting as fighting the Locust, but there should be plenty of mechs to destroy.

Quote:
Baird, Cole, Garron, and Sofia -- the four members of Gears of War: Judgment's Kilo Squad -- have been "charged for treason because they didn't follow orders, stole equipment, and their actions could end up killing millions of people they swore to protect," an anonymous source told IGN.
This is the premise of Judgment, and the crux of the trailer debuting at Microsoft's E3 press conference on Monday, June 4, where we'll learn officially that the next Gears of War is a prequel to the first game.

Baird and Cole look younger in Judgment because Kilo Squad was only around during the two years following Emergence Day, as far as the Gears of War novel Coalition's End is concerned. E-Day happened 14 years before the first Gears of War, which puts us more than a decade behind Epic's original Gears game, giving us the opportunity to watch their delightful relationship develop. It also leaves Judgment open to introduce a young Marcus Fenix before he gets thrown in the clink for desertion.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited for more Gears because I have a huge Gear of War boner, but the fact that it is being written by new writers and produced by a different studio has me a lot less excited.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm excited for more Gears because I have a huge Gear of War boner, but the fact that it is being written by new writers and produced by a different studio has me a lot less excited.
It's still epic games
Old 06-02-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's still epic games
Epic games owns the studio and will be publishing the game, but it is a completely different crew both designing, producing, and creating the game.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:57 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

make it more like gears 1 and i will be very happy, gears 2 TERRIBLE, gears 3 its was pretty good, nothing touches gears 1
Old 06-02-2012, 04:16 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
make it more like gears 1 and i will be very happy, gears 2 TERRIBLE, gears 3 its was pretty good, nothing touches gears 1
I wouldn't be surprised if it was in 1st person to be honest given the pedigree of People Can Fly.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm late to the party, but has anyone else played Bastion? I ended up buying it a few days ago and am really enjoying it so far.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I know I'm late to the party, but has anyone else played Bastion? I ended up buying it a few days ago and am really enjoying it so far.
Yeah, Bastion was one of the more memorable games I've played recently. The concept, artstyle, and narration were all excellent and well realized. The soundtrack was pretty damn good too, even. It's a great game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I alone in thinking Gears 3 was dull and generally boring/uninteresting?

It sure seems that way.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New Gears

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be pissed if the new gears was a FPS. Xbox already has more than enough good FPSs. The style of the game is what makes gears awesome. Take cover figure out the best way to attack and do so. That won't happen in a FPS.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
Am I alone in thinking Gears 3 was dull and generally boring/uninteresting?

It sure seems that way.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turns out there are 2 alternate covers for Game Informer

Baird and Cole

Old 06-02-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I need to give Bastion another shot. Played it for 30 mins and never tried again.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

More details emerge

Quote:
On May 31, 2012 Game Informer teased a new Gears of War that was originally dubbed the Gears of War Project. Now the official title has been revealed to be Gears of War: Judgment. [1]

It was confirmed by Epic Games' president Mike Capps that Polish developer People Can Fly, the team behind the off-the-wall Bulletstorm, will take the reins of this new Gears of War project. [2] Furthermore, long-time Gears of War scribe Karen Traviss will not be involved with Judgment.

Gears of War: Judgment is a prequel to Gears of War, taking place after Emergence Day and the Pendulum Wars[3].

Characters
A message board thread with leaked details from the Game Informer Gears of War: Judgement story has a list of confirmed characters along with short bios for each.[4]

Damon Baird
- Before this sarcastic, genius mechanic went on to help Marcus Fenix save the world, Baird worked his way through the Gears ranks. He’s always quick to joke, but Judgment suggests there’s more to his character than being a comedian.

Augustus Cole
- A former Thrash Ball player turned soldier the "Cole Train" became famous in Sera for his on-field performance and boisterous demeanour. Cole met Baird soon after enlisting, and the two quickly became best friends.

Garron Paduk
- A militia refugee from the Union of Independent Republics. Garron comes from the other side of The Pendulum Wars. He brings a new perspective and brush personality to Kilo. Garron is the devil on Baird's shoulder that say's "Let's blow stuff up."

Sophia Hendricks
- A cadet from the Onyx Guard Academy, she is more in line with colonel loomis by the book approach to combat. E-day halted her path to graduation from the academy, but she is still worth the soldier. She is the opposite of Garron, ready to suggest informing superior officers of every deviation from protocol.

Classes
The same message board thread with leaked details from the Game Informer Gears of War: Judgement story describes COG classes. [5]

Engineer
Example -
Baird
Weapons - Gnasher and blowtorch (repairs damaged fortifications)
Special abilities: sentry turret

Soldier
Example -
Cole
Weapons - lancer and boomshot
Special Abilities - Deploy ammo crates

Medic
Example - Sofia
Weapons - lancer and snub pistol,
Special Abilities - Stim Gas Grenade to revive allies

Scout
Example -
Garron
Weapons - Longshot and snub
Special Abilities - beacon grenade
Setting

Gears of War: Judgement is set in Halvo Bay, where Onyx Guard Academy is located. [[6]]

Unexpectedly, it seems Gears of War: Judgment will focus on Baird and Cole Train, and their origin tales.

Overrun Mode
A new mode called "Overrun" pits humans against locust. It is similar to Horde Mode and Beast Mode. The message board thread with leaked details from the Game Informer Gears of War: Judgement story describes the locust. [7]

Wretch
Leap over hazards, clim perches.
Stunning scream ability

Ticker
Eat fortifications, eat grenades, detonate.
Speed boost ability

Kantus
Hammerburst rifle, heal friendly units, ride bloodmounts
Chain heal ability

Grenadier
Lancer rifle, ride Bloodmounts
Frag Grenade

Bloodmount
Melee enemies/fortifications, be ridden by Grenadier and Kantus
Halve the cooldown time on rider's special ability (passive)
Carry a mounted Kantus behind cover while his heal recharges.

Mauler
Devastate fortifications and COG soldiers with flail and shield
Spinning spike shield

Serapede
Eat through barriers, destory COGs, ranged support
Spit poison

Corpser
Demolish fortifications and COGs with heavy melee
Burrow and move underground
Old 06-03-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
More details emerge
This has me so excited. Where did you find this?

Old 06-03-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Maybe I need to give Bastion another shot. Played it for 30 mins and never tried again.
It's at least as good as LIMBO in my opinion.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody know when E3 starts?
Old 06-03-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Anybody know when E3 starts?
Tomorrow.....