Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-03-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word is that this E3 is going to be fairly standard. Plenty of games, but no big console announcements. There might be some foreshadowing, but that's it. Either way, E3 is must see TV.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Word is that this E3 is going to be fairly standard. Plenty of games, but no big console announcements. There might be some foreshadowing, but that's it. Either way, E3 is must see TV.
I'm hoping for next gen Xbox/Playstation news but won't have my hopes up. I'm glad to see Nintendo has a Pro Controller for the new Wii U, might actually consider buying that system now. I want to see all my options first though.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We get Gears news so I'm happy lol. Also some Black Ops 2 news which is good cause I wanna see more of it since so far it sucks and I wanna know if I should be done with CoD or not yet. Any other BIG announcements I should look for or are they all pretty much surprises right now?

EDIT: Will there be AC3 or Bioshock Infinite stuff?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
We get Gears news so I'm happy lol. Also some Black Ops 2 news which is good cause I wanna see more of it since so far it sucks and I wanna know if I should be done with CoD or not yet. Any other BIG announcements I should look for or are they all pretty much surprises right now?

EDIT: Will there be AC3 or Bioshock Infinite stuff?
Tons of AC3 stuff, Bioshock got bumped but I'd imagine we'll see something. I don't need to see any BLOPS stuff either.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oooo good, I'm so excited for AC3. I hope we get some Bioshock info, I hate that they pushed it back so far. O and I don't need BLOPs info either cause it looks awful, but maybe they can safe it. Too bad they never reveal any multiplayer or zombies stuff yet which is how they get people to buy it. Honestly that's all they should advertise from the CoD games, don't make is wait for it, throw it in our face!

I hate that I'm starting college now though because I don't know what to do about games that come out when I'm away since I won't be able to play them since I can't bring my XBOX up to school.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bioshock isn't showing this year, if I recall correctly. They've gone completely dark. We supposedly won't be hearing or seeing anything until it's released now.

I'm really interested to see more of The Last of Us, even though it isn't an Xbox game. I've read strong things and like what I've see out of it so far. I'm also looking forward to Assassin's Creed 3, pretty much like everyone else. Borderlands 2 is also pretty high on my list of things I want to see. I'm really hoping for some kind of surprise that blows everyone away though. There's a whole ton of know commodities out there right now. It would be nice to see something new announced.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-04-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Unreal Engine 4 will get a public viewing. That's as big as any physical hardware.

edit: I want to see Dishonored and Tomb Raider. Both look like potentially great games.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Unreal Engine 4 will get a public viewing. That's as big as any physical hardware.

edit: I want to see Dishonored and Tomb Raider. Both look like potentially great games.
Yeah, I had forgotten about that one. That's obviously a huge thing. I saw some of the sizzle shots last month, but it'll be interesting to see it in full motion.

In other Epic news, they saved Big Huge Games today. Kingdoms of Amalur was an incredibly solid title(although it didn't live up to it's potential), so it's nice to see that company staying together.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

XBox conference in an hour and a half, any of you guys watching?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I'm probably just going to check on what happened afterwards. Where is it streaming?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm probably just going to check on what happened afterwards. Where is it streaming?
Not sure, I'm checking it out on Spike TV.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, I have the day off today, I'm watching it along with the rest of the coverage this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
http://www.gametrailers.com/

Pretty sure they have similar coverage to what you see on TV. Gamespot usually does live coverage as well. It's usually better and more varied for the show floor stuff too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-04-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be watching it most likely. If it's a bunch of Kinect **** I will quickly tune out though.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

There will be a lot of that for sure. I'm sure there's going to be tons of Halo 4 as well. Possibly some formal announcement of the Xbox (timed)exclusive franchise Bungie is working on as well.

...and then maybe a 720 tease at the end. Maybe.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-04-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I know there will be a bunch of Kinect crap which makes me sad. I'll try to update this thread with what happens for those who can't watch. I'm excited to see Halo 4 and anxious to see if they tease the 720 like EE said.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Im tuning in for Halo 4 even though I know its going to continue with te damn Reach gameplay. When does the Xbox one start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah Im tuning in for Halo 4 even though I know its going to continue with te damn Reach gameplay. When does the Xbox one start?
I think 12:30. Spike has coverage starting in 20 minutes though. Could be some things worth seeing...or it could be useless squawking. I forget how it usually goes.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-04-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12:30 Est.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you gentlemen. Much appreciated. Also apparently the new nintendo controller was revealed over at ign, the pro controller.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/03/wii-u-pro-controller-revealed-e3-2012

Looks pretty uncomfortable imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I'm sure we'll get some of this hilarity.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I don't think it looks THAT bad, but I'm a big proponent of asymmetrical analog sticks. The buttons below the sticks also seems a little dumb. Seems like it could be difficult to control the camera and do any kind of complex inputs at the same time. The form factor is pretty much the same as the 360 controller though, which is alright with me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-04-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Honestly I'm just glad Nintendo is launching the Wii U with a controller and not just their iPad looking thing.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:

I'm sure we'll get some of this hilarity.
I really hope we get Mr. Caffeine from Ubisoft again. That was legitimately ******* terrible....but it was also a lot of fun. Konami's pressers are traditionally are must see unintentional comedy too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-04-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Halo 4 campaign looked cool. Hopefully we get to see some multiplayer at some point.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Gotta say, the environments look far less vanilla than they did in the previous Halo games. The engine in general looks pretty good too. Thank god they didn't recycle the Covenant as the primary enemy again.

R.I.P. Junior Seau