Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-05-2012, 03:16 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of those shows you listed also deal with nearly 20 minutes of commercials per episode. House's 22-24 episode format would only translate to about 15 hours of airtime on HBO. Thats a **** load more content youd need to produce if you wanted to do 20+ eps commercial free.

Last edited by comahan : 06-05-2012 at 03:27 AM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:20 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to say the same thing, but I assumed we all knew that. 15 minutes more each episode with a sizable difference in costume, setting, and effects. Can't compare with network shows.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those wishing for extended seasons, you'll be getting your wish with 3 & 4. That's twenty episodes for one book. If people start to feel its dragging on during those seasons, with the book that contains the most story, then you can imagine how it would be for the rest of the books/seasons.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to note, that with only ten episodes, one important character's storyline had to be beefed up and altered because there was so little in the books that wouldn't be dull when put on TV.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-05-2012, 03:36 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be supportive of 12-13 episodes a season just because there is so much going on and I don't think adding a 2-3 more episodes would dilute the content too much though anything more would probably weaken the show (I haven't read the books so what do I know). It is kinda odd that it is only 10 episodes a season considering most of the other big HBO dramas that I'm aware of are all 12-13 episodes long.

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-05-2012 at 01:25 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'd be supportive of 12-13 episodes a season just because there is so much going on and I don't think adding a 2-3 more episodes would dilute the content too much though anything would probably weaken the show (I haven't read the books so what do I know). It is kinda odd that it is only 10 episodes a season considering most of the other big HBO dramas that I'm aware of are all 12-13 episodes long.
Honestly, I think 12 would be perfect. It'd add just enough time to prevent things from being convoluted while keeping the season brief enough for the production quality and budget to stay relatively unchanged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
All of those shows you listed also deal with nearly 20 minutes of commercials per episode. House's 22-24 episode format would only translate to about 15 hours of airtime on HBO. Thats a **** load more content youd need to produce if you wanted to do 20+ eps commercial free.
There is about 10 minutes extra in a GoT episode to those shows, especially after you take out the 3+ minute intro. That equates to 12 episodes of any of those shows from 10 GoT episodes.

I personally feel like a lot of the characters are underdeveloped which is a time constraint being placed on it. For instance I barely care about Bran because he gets so little development. The whole relationship between Dany and Jorah comes out of nowhere in season 2 because they seemingly had no time in season 1.

The characters that get the time put in are awesome, characters like Cersei, Tyrion, Joffrey and Eddard Stark but it just leaves you wanting more from some of the others. The whole Snow plot still just seems like they tacked it on because I don't really care about Snow, I really don't care about the other guys up north because they just don't get enough screen time.

Now I probably sound overly negative because I think the show is as good as any on TV and genuinely awesome, I just think it could be so much better with a significant amount more time. I also thoroughly enjoy character development and everything that goes with that and think that along with the political intrigue is what makes the show and I believe those would be the two areas that would benefit most from more episodes.

I just want more, even 12 would do the trick! The show is so well made I have complete faith that things would still be awesome if they made 30 episodes and I'd have far more GoT to watch ;)

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite scene.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe this can't be answered without spoiling, but I don't understand what happened in Wintefell in the last episode. The old guy said it is 500 vs 20 and to run away while it is dark, but they don't, and then those 20 guys decide to walk out casually during daylight to go "back home", and the next scene you see of the city is that of a burning deserted place. The Stark kid and crew go to escape, and the old guy says to leave ASAP before "they" come back. What am I missing here? Who wrecked the place? What happened to the 500 Northerners coming to take Winterfell back?

Also, didn't Stannis Baratheon get captured at the end of the previous episode in King's Landing? Or was he being forced away by his own to flee? I thought it was him being captured.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Theon... if you watched a couple of episodes Stark offered free passage to any Iron Islander who wanted it except Theon, so they must have handed over Theon and gone home, that's how I took it.

I'm guessing they must have torched the place on their way out and they would be who the maester is worried about coming back but not certain!

Stannis I guess must have been dragged out because he wasn't a prisoner!

Again... both those are reasons that an extra episode or two wouldn't hurt :)

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I guess them leaving makes some sense but the guys were close enough to annoy them with the horn all night - surely they'd be close enough to stop them torching the whole keep and prevent them coming back. I was thinking maybe the place was attacked randomly by someone else all of a sudden wiping all concerned out and it just hasn't been covered by the TV show yet but that seems a little unlikely.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got around to watching the finale.

best
show
ever.

Call me slow but I had no idea they were going full zombie with the whitewalkers. smart zombies = legendary.

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Finally got around to watching the finale.

best
show
ever.

Call me slow but I had no idea they were going full zombie with the whitewalkers. smart zombies = legendary.
They're a cross between zombies and the ghosts from Return of the King.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

So people know;

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-08-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Yeah I guess them leaving makes some sense but the guys were close enough to annoy them with the horn all night - surely they'd be close enough to stop them torching the whole keep and prevent them coming back. I was thinking maybe the place was attacked randomly by someone else all of a sudden wiping all concerned out and it just hasn't been covered by the TV show yet but that seems a little unlikely.
The way I saw it was that the guys surrounding Winterfell weren't Stark's men, but the bastard son of one of Stark's lieutenants and his men. They probably were from a nearby village, and had no real allegience to Winterfell the actual city, and so when the Iron Islanders left the place burning, they weren't compelled to do anything about it since they already got what they came for in Theon.

As for Stannis, if you watch Blackwater again, you can see the guys dragging him away are not clothed in the same uniform as the royal army or whatever, they had much plainer clothes on like Stannis's soldiers. At least that's how I saw it when I first watched the episode.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by StripedWalrus : 06-09-2012 at 11:32 PM.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
So people know;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

New sig. Lord Tywin would be proud.

Last edited by comahan : 06-09-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your sig is way too big.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

What, cut out the amazing song just to make it an acceptable size? NO SIR.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
What, cut out the amazing song just to make it an acceptable size? NO SIR.
4. Keep your sig to a reasonable size. You get one image and a small amount of text. This should be plenty of space.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

This seems extremely reasonable to me!

Old 06-09-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is that the GOT video game? How is it? I'm tempted to get it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Is that the GOT video game? How is it? I'm tempted to get it.
lol wut?

That's Skyrim, if you're referring to TH's post.

Sig by Matthew Jones