Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-05-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Dark Knight Rises

I know we have a movie discussion thread but I feel like this is a special case where a particular movie deserves it's own thread. Also, this isn't without precedence because Mad Men and Breaking Bad have their own individual threads separate from the television discussion thread.

After the abysmal abomination that was Batman & Robin, Christopher Nolan managed to resurrect Batman with the best live action adaptation of the character yet in Batman Begins. The movie not only put Batman back on the cinematic landscape but it also redefined the superhero film. It took the source material seriously, adapted the mythos to a modern setting and although it interpreted some characters differently, they still remained true to their roots. The only comparable movie at the time was Spider-Man but Batman Begins is a vastly superior movie in just about all aspects, in particular the performances by the lead actors. Anyway, a movie this critically acclaimed and financially successful doesn't go without a sequel, leading us to...

The Dark Knight, which, as far as I'm concerned, is the definitive summer blockbuster. It took the characters and world of Batman Begins and not only expanded upon it but made it better. It also gave us the unquestioned best performance in the history of comic book films - Heath Ledger as The Joker. Ledger's portrayal as the Clown Prince of Crime is the stuff of legend, every second he is on screen is absolutely captivating. A lot of people point to his death as a reason for the film's commercial success, but while that was a contributing factor, it was hardly the only reason. Just take a look at the records The Dark Knight broke within a month of it's release:

Midnight
Opening Day
Opening Weekend
Opening Week
Fastest to 100m
Fastest to 150m
Fastest to 200m
Fastest to 250m
Fastest to 300m
Fastest to 350m
Fastest to 400m
Fastest to 450m
Fastest to 500m

The movie not only made hordes of cash but it was also a critical success, earning multiple major award nominations and garnering overwhelming praise from the press. However, the possibility of a third film was a bit in doubt Ledger's death took quite a toll on everyone involved in the production and it would be impossible to recast the role of The Joker. However, Nolan and gang came through with a final chapter that wouldn't require the character, which leads to...

The Dark Knight Rises, perhaps the most anticipated movie of any year in recent memory. This is the culmination of two films worth of build, the payoff to years of work by everyone involved in the series and the final installment of what will go down as the best trilogy ever if everything goes according to plan. For all the reasons listed in the previous paragraphs, I cannot wait for this movie, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling. Regardless of what happens, July 20th will be a date to remember. ON WITH THE TRAILERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If someone can make that gif say "MY BODY IS READY" instead of "THANK YOU BASED NOLAN", I would greatly appreciate it.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This movie is the reason I have survived four years of college, waiting for that day when I could see this movie again. Doing anything I could to avoid the worst of mankind, the destruction and death that comes with it. I had to do some terrible things, things I regret, but things that had to be done. And here we are, just a bit longer than six weeks away. A day after which I can finally die, die in the peace I was born in.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...173651296.html

So glad we got Bane and Catwoman instead.

Quote:
Old 06-05-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Movie is going to be legendary. Been waiting for this for a long time.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am stoked for it but Nolan sucks at casting females in these movies.

Maggie Gylenhall
Kate Holmes
now Anne Hathaway

Ugh.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

Maggie Gylenhall
Kate Holmes
now Anne Hathaway

Ugh.
+1 GAZZILLION.

Dude has a huge blindspot for those roles. Maybe he hates women (consciously or subconsciously) and thinks they are all dumb, one dimensional morons and it's hard for him to discern positive qualities amongst them.

It's like he has a monkey throw a dart at a board full of "hot" actresses. The monkey did well with Inception.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Anne Hathaway and was pretty excited to see her in it. Then again, I also love Nicole Kidman and was excited for her to be in Batman Forever...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I like Anne Hathaway and was pretty excited to see her in it. Then again, I also love Nicole Kidman and was excited for her to be in Batman Forever...
Kidman was fine, Hatheway is not going to be good though IMO.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-05-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

Maggie Gylenhall
Kate Holmes
now Anne Hathaway

Ugh.
WTF are you talking about?! Hathaway is so sexy it's not even fair to mankind.

This movie is going to be epic. I keep trying to lower my expectations because nothing can top TDK, but if it's just even close to TDK it's going to be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely seeing this at Midnight. I don't care if i have to work at 7:30 the next morning and thus will only get about two hours of sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone bitching about Anne Hathaway needs to see Rachel Getting Married.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-05-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Anyone bitching about Anne Hathaway needs to see Rachel Getting Married.
This x10000

Great actress.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'm definitely seeing this at Midnight. I don't care if i have to work at 7:30 the next morning and thus will only get about two hours of sleep.
Im in the same boat. ******* worth it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
This x10000

Great actress.
Dude, one role tailor made for an emotionally ****** up actress (most of them are nutjobs) does not a great actress make.

She is extraordinarily underwhelming.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Dude, one role tailor made for an emotionally ****** up actress (most of them are nutjobs) does not a great actress make.

She is extraordinarily underwhelming.
She was good in Love and Other Drugs, Brokeback Mountain, The Devil Wears Prada, and worked well in Get Smart. You're incredibly wrong.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-05-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

She's not a bad actress but she's extraordinarily unbelievable as Catwoman.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-05-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone said they prefer kidman over Hathaway? da ****?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Someone said they prefer kidman over Hathaway? da ****?
When she was young she was hotter.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-05-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not talking about hotness, I'm talking about acting wise. At least in a batman movie.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've met Nicole Kidman. Not very attractive tbh.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Also I didn't think Holmes or Maggie did a terrible job, Racheal was just pretty much an abortion of a character and I hate my ex gf for pointing that out to me because ever since she did and I watch one of the movies I just hate her back and forth bull **** so much that every scene she is in bothers me.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-05-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
She was good in Love and Other Drugs, Brokeback Mountain, The Devil Wears Prada, and worked well in Get Smart. You're incredibly wrong.
I don't trust the opinion of anyone that buttons the top button of their polo.

She is incredibly overrated. Meh in the Devils Wear Prada. Meh in Love and Other Drugs, and Get Smart was terrible through no fault of her own. I still haven't seen Brokeback. Love stories bore me and that's a *** one.

I don't think she is bad. I don't think she is great. She's this generation's Meryl Streep, whom overacts like crazy. The people that think life should be a Broadway musical, with the grotesque over acting involved with them, think Meryl Streep is a great actress. Anne is falling into that same category.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'm not talking about hotness, I'm talking about acting wise. At least in a batman movie.
That's the only reasonable thing I could imagine you thinking. Hath won't be good in Batman. Especially as a coy sensual semi-antagonist.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-05-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

From the recent trailers I don't believe she is going to be an antagonist, and I do think she will pull it off. No one bough Ledger as the Joker until it came out so i will trust Nolan on this one.

Quote:
Quote: