Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Youtube Trick Shot QB is signed by the Chiefs

Thought this was a pretty cool story.

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/pro...a4bcf887a.html

Former Lexington High School and Monmouth College quarterback Alex Tanney signed a contract with the National Football League’s Kansas City Chiefs shortly before the Chiefs’ organized team activity (OTA) workout on Tuesday.

Tanney was signed as the final player on Kansas City’s 90-man roster. The 6-foot-4, 220-pounder will work out with the Chiefs and quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn, a former NFL signal-caller, prior to the start of training camp in late July at St. Joseph, Mo.

The fourth quarterback listed on the roster, Tanney will compete for a regular-season (53-man) roster spot with eight-year veteran Matt Cassell, six-year veteran Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi, a two-year pro out of Iowa.

Tanney is the NCAA’s all-time all-division touchdown passing leader. He was a three-time Midwest Conference Offensive Player of the Year and the 2009 Melberger Award winner at Monmouth.

Signing with the Chiefs comes after Tanney attended the Buffalo Bills’ mini-camp workouts in May. The Bills signed veteran Vince Young as their third quarterback on the opening day of mini-camp.

“His (Tanney’s) accuracy and decision making is excellent,” Monmouth coach Steve Bell said. “Learning the NFL playbook should be similar to making the transition from high school to college.

“It will be more extensive than a college playbook, but Alex is a quick study, and I’m sure he’ll adjust quickly.”
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rooting for him.
Obviously the guy has unusual accuracy. Glad to read he was actually a pretty good QB at Monmouth.
It's gonna be tough to make the Chiefs roster, but stranger things have happened before in the NFL.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for him. He has accuracy, that's for sure. And luckily he only has to beat out Brady Quinn.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Championship.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would promote Stanzi to #2 and cut Quinn right now for this guy. I really dislike Brady Quinn a great deal.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the positives of keeping Quinn?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He makes Matt Cassel look like Aaron Rodgers in comparison.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
What are the positives of keeping Quinn?
He has an NFL arm. Cassel is marginal and Stanzi only a notch better. I an not convinced Quinn isnt as good as, say, Alex Smith.

Cassel has a big edge in everything that does not involve throwing the ball, which is more of the game than most people think.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
He has an NFL arm. Cassel is marginal and Stanzi only a notch better. I an not convinced Quinn isnt as good as, say, Alex Smith.

Cassel has a big edge in everything that does not involve throwing the ball, which is more of the game than most people think.

J
I'm no Smith fan, but he takes a big runny dump on Quinn's chest. Brady Quinn is absolutely terrible.

F
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't enrage 49ers fans we just got them to calm down.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I an not convinced Quinn isnt as good as, say, Alex Smith.
this is close to sig quote worthy

i AM convinced that quinn isnt as good as alex smith, or even a steaming pile of horse **** for that matter. i am convinced of this because i have seen him play. his play indicates that he does in fact suck horribly. only blaine gabbert actively challenges his level of suck on a daily basis, and that took years of being a total p**** to achieve.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he didn't seem to throw it to any defenders in his clips. Tanney 1, Quinn -5704
Old 06-05-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't exactly understand why people think Quinn doesn't even deserve a job in the NFL. He was overrated because of his school, but he's a decent-ish backup QB who could still conceivably start some games eventually. I think seeing him fall on draft day egged on a bunch of naysayers who then got on the bullhorns when he didn't play well on a couple of bad offenses. There are certainly worse QBs in the NFL.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been a long time since he got any meaningful playing time, but he's a Clausen/Gabbert-esque lost puppy out there on the field.

I have a preseason game of his engrained in my mind forever. I'm pretty sure it was his first year with the Broncos against the Bengals. In 3 downs, he managed to complete zero passes and hit Bengals players with every single one of them. If they weren't backup scrubs, each one would probably have been picked off.

It's just a perfect little snapshot of the problem he has.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only memorable moment Quinn had in his starting career is that shootout in Detroit

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting video. Of course as a fan I wouldn't put much stock into long bomb tricks. Having pro defenders in his face is something completely different. Hopefully things go Tanney's way though. He had a pretty good collegiate career. Making the Chiefs final roster wouldn't be that surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Don't enrage 49ers fans we just got them to calm down.
I think you mean amuse. And 49ers fans were never enraged in the first place, but whatever.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 06-05-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
but he's a decent-ish backup QB who could still conceivably start some games eventually
As a Raiders fan, I hope so.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post

I think you mean amuse. And 49ers fans were never enraged in the first place, but whatever.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I don't think that number will connect Caddy. Oh well.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 06-06-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:28 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tanney should survive on the PS. If he beats out Quinn, great. That means Stanzi took a huge step up, too.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
It's gonna be tough to make the Chiefs roster, but stranger things have happened before in the NFL.

Great point/photo.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

J
Oh my goodness where is njx.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why draft a QB in the first round EVER when you can just draft Rickyzzzz Stanzzzzzzi late or sign this guy

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I an not convinced Quinn isnt as good as, say, Alex Smith.
what kind of convincing would it take? Quinn is nowhere near starting QB quality.

the original question was 'what are the positives to keeping Quinn?' the only positive i see is it sent Palko packing back to whatever rock Haley pulled him out from under. if a young QB or QBs in this case (hopefully) can come in and play at an equal level to Quinn, then he can kick rocks. i'd rather have a younger kid with room to grow as a QB than Quinn. we kinda know what he is already.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Why draft a QB in the first round EVER when you can just draft Rickyzzzz Stanzzzzzzi late or sign this guy
Oh lawd sir, don't even get me started. I've been screaming at the Chiefs to draft a QB in the first round for damn near a decade now. It just won't happen. Ugh.

Now I'm depressed! I would LITERALLY eat a plate of feces to have Matt Stafford on this team. I had such a massive mancrush on him that year. Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh.

cry.