Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-03-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't keep Ware and Martinek. Bradshaw and Wilson are locks, Scott is very likely and then you gotta go with one of Ware, Martinek and Brown. I like Martinek the most since he has so much versatility.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Rutgers and watched Martinek play for his whole college career. I can't believe so many people are on his wagon. I hope he does well but he's not all that good unless he really steps up his game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard good things about the dude so far. Ware has disappointed and if they feel he can be a younger version of Ware I say we keep him instead.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I've heard good things about the dude so far. Ware has disappointed and if they feel he can be a younger version of Ware I say we keep him instead.
I hope he does well but it's just funny that out of all the Rutgers prospects the last 10 years this is the one most Giants fans are edited about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I love Rutgers and watched Martinek play for his whole college career. I can't believe so many people are on his wagon. I hope he does well but he's not all that good unless he really steps up his game.
I feel the SAME exact way. It's really funny actually.

Probably because he's an undrafted local white boy from Jersey etc.

But like...Martinek's barely done anything at Rutgers. Again, we love him and if he makes the team, the cool beans but we're really just kinda really really surprised at this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo, apparently Bennett is ripped like a mule.

I don't know how fast he can be at 290 lbs though. But at a chizzled 290, coupled with his already great blocking ability, I think he can definitely add to our run game this year, he should dish out some punishing blocks out there.

I just don't know how fast he can run at 290. I don't trust him in our passing game anyway, I don't think he's smart enough to succeed in it. But let's see how it goes. He's on a 1 year contract anyway. I wasn't a big Bennett fan, but I'll give him a chance.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Soooo, apparently Bennett is ripped like a mule.

I don't know how fast he can be at 290 lbs though. But at a chizzled 290, coupled with his already great blocking ability, I think he can definitely add to our run game this year, he should dish out some punishing blocks out there.

I just don't know how fast he can run at 290. I don't trust him in our passing game anyway, I don't think he's smart enough to succeed in it. But let's see how it goes. He's on a 1 year contract anyway. I wasn't a big Bennett fan, but I'll give him a chance.

Coughlin doesn't seem to worried about Bennett’s weight.
“It will get there. He is a guy that obviously has the size to carry whatever weight we would want him to carry. He claims that he has made very good strides in the weight room. And he has. Really since the end of the season, he had been lifting and his size – he played in the 270’s last year. So we will get that under control.”

From all reports Bennett has been working hard power lifting (probably to take advantae of his chance here). e has been working out here, I gues he hasn't done a lot of running yet, but that will happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up around 270 or so. Thats areound the size we had with Boss and Ballard and what guys like Tuck and JPP play at.

He will get hs shot to show what he can do. Hopefully Ballard will be able to come back.

I think Bennett will be solid and has potential to be better. It will be up to see how he goes over the rest of preseason.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess the other thing about Bennett is expectations. I don't expect an all-pro style TE and frankly I don't think we need a top class TE to be effective.

I don't think either Boss or Ballard were anything special as receiving threats. I think both were solid TEs who benefited from our system and working with Eli. I believe Bennett can be at least on par with Boss and Ballard as receiving weapons in the passing game.

I remember the issues with replacing Shockey and then Boss, but we were quite ok.

I can understand the concern about TEs when many fans are used to studs like Bavaro and Shockey, but i think our TE situation is ok.

Now where we do improve is in the running game. Bennett is the best run blocker we have had for some time, probably in the class of blocking TEs like Dan Campbell and Howard Cross. This will really help the ground game.

Having one player like Bennett who can be a solid receiver and good blocker is really going to help our offense. We don't need to send in the 'blocking TE' like Pascoe when we run and the receiving TE like Beckum when we pass. This will help disguise what we are trying to do.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I feel the SAME exact way. It's really funny actually.

Probably because he's an undrafted local white boy from Jersey etc.

But like...Martinek's barely done anything at Rutgers. Again, we love him and if he makes the team, the cool beans but we're really just kinda really really surprised at this.
I think Martinek, Ware and Brown are basically competng for the one roster spot.

I think there is anough potential for Scott to stick, particularly if he steps it up as a kick returner.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Tom Coughlin extended through the 2014 season.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-06-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I think Martinek, Ware and Brown are basically competng for the one roster spot.

I think there is anough potential for Scott to stick, particularly if he steps it up as a kick returner.
Agreed completely, one of them stays on as a guy who can be our goal-line guy and pick up the blitz. Maybe keep 2 by putting one of them on the PS

Quote:
Clutch

Old 06-06-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we keep winning Super Bowls, he can stay til he dies
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
we keep winning Super Bowls, he can stay til he dies
Yea he can! Gilbride and Perry on the otherhad...*in Borat voice* not so much

Old 06-06-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need this coaching staff to stay together for as long as possible. Coughlin can stay as long as he wants. he's won two SBs, he deserves it. Gilbride has to stay as long as Eli is here. It's pointless to change offensive schemes when Eli has mastered Gilbrides schemes, and he's a pretty good co-ordinator. Yes, he drives us insane with the draws from time to time, but there's almost no offensive co-ordinators without flaws out there.

Fewell is on a shorter leash in my book, but he has earned the right to stay for the foreseeable future as well.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just think, only another two years until everyone wants Coughlin fired. Haha.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Just think, only another two years until everyone wants Coughlin fired. Haha.
I'll be honest the only reason most of us ever wanted him gone was because we were playing like crap and he would never part ways with his coordinators which is who we really wanted out.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never really had a problem with Coughlin in particular. I like how Coughlin manages the team.

I just always had a problem with his coordinators, his DC in particular. We're married to Gilbride now, we can't lose him, Eli mastered his offense and we have to run that offense as long as Eli is our qb, and he's not as bad as we think either, he has some brilliant moments as a OC, but also some horrible ones. But overall, he's a solid OC.

But our DCs under Coughlin minus Spags has been dreadful. And bc of that, and his refusal to adjust or hold his DC accountable, I've been very critical of him in the past.

Coughlin is a stud HC as long as he has his DC doing what he's supposed to be doing. When his DC sucks, Coughlin's team underperforms. When his DC is on point, we're as good as any team in the NFL.

Coughlin is a great playoff coach too. Great at forming gameplans in the playoffs.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Just to make sure I didn't confuse anyone with that post, I love Coughlin. He can stay as our HC as long as he wants.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll be honest the only reason most of us ever wanted him gone was because we were playing like crap and he would never part ways with his coordinators which is who we really wanted out.
Haha, I know. I didn't really mean that as a knock to anyone here. More just the typical Giants fan who thought he was a bad coach or something.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

2 years? He'll be on the hotseat at halftime against Dallas
Quote:
Old 06-06-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli is 31st on the NFL network top 100 list.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Eli is 31st on the NFL network top 100 list.
When will people stop Underrating him? What QBs finished above him?

Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When will people stop Underrating him? What QBs finished above him?
Ben, AR, brady and Brees.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:51 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Ben, AR, brady and Brees.
Alright that's not that bad, but I still d see how he isn't a top 25 player when he's a top 5 QB in a pass happy league. O and I don't know how Nicks is so low on that list.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alright that's not that bad, but I still d see how he isn't a top 25 player when he's a top 5 QB in a pass happy league. O and I don't know how Nicks is so low on that list.
The whole list is completely reactionary. Nicks is too low, Cruz is too high.