Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think either bring abck a team to LA or start a team in Las Vegas.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
And what about Hampton Roads that makes unable to financially support a team? Have you ever been to Virginia Beach, its changed since the 80's.
http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2005...28home_ls.html

Virginia Beach ranked 4th on Forbe's list. Norfolk and Portsmouth are helped by the shipyards. Williamsburg profits from tourism.
Va Beach is nice. But the rest of Hampton Roads area is very eh. Not to mention VA Beach strives on summer tourism. Which isn't the same season that football is played in.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
San Antonio would also be a pretty obvious destination with what they did for the Saints while the Super Dome was down for the count.
What they did for the Saints? You mean, selfishly and tactlessly trying to get the team moved to San Antonio permanently? Touting their three "sellout" games (only one of which actually sold out the Alamodome) all the while blasting the attendance levels of the games at Tiger Stadium during a time when the people of Louisiana had more pressing issues to deal with than worrying about attending a football game? Trying to steal OUR team in broad daylight? I don't appreciate anything San Antonio "did for the Saints."

Oklahoma City, on the other hand, has impressed me A LOT in the way they've handled the Hornets. They've done everything San Antonio should have done. I hope, in a cruel twist of irony, the Spurs move from San Antonio to Oklahoma City.

So, yeah, OKC deserves a pro team.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

As a VA Beach resident, I can tell you with certainty that the Hampton Roads area would be able to financially support a professional sports team.

We've had close calls with bringing pro sports to Hampton Roads, but it just never came together.

In the mid-90's there were plans to bring an NHL franchise to the area. Everything was set in stone until the 0 hour when it fell apart. We came close to landing the NBA Hornets, but New Orleans was always the front runner. Then there were the Expos. Financially, we presented the best overall plan any of the possible location spots had put together. MLB just was dead set on bringin baseball back to D.C.

With over 1,400,000 people in the Hampton Roads area (which is seven independent cities that more or less forms one super city), we rank 7th behind NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philly, and Phoenix in terms of population.

This area is more than capable of supporting pro sports.

With that said though, I'm against any more expansion. I think 32 teams is more than enough and it would be a mistake to add more.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
No to an expansion team, but what about league realignment? If you expand, you have to do that again.

Also JAX is doing pretty good for itself as of right now. There is a good rivalry with the Indianapolis Colts which is great for a team that wants to stay in an area. They also have plenty of areas around that brings in good revenue. Daytona, Tallahasse (I believe), Orlando isn't too far off, south Georgia, etc. Florida is a good spot for most teams (sans the Devil Rays---unless they get a new stadium) as there is so much tourism in FL.
Dont forget the Marlins too. Florida should get rid of both there baseball teams seriously. Im a huge marlins fan and I go to a bunch of games, but they have won 2 world series in a little over a decade and still cant bring in fans. They got outdrawn this week by freakin Milwaukee, which hosted 2 teams not from there, by about 7k fans a game. I would hate to see them leave, but to be honest Florida isn't a good place for a baseball team. Great place to play, just bad fan base. Milwaukee should probably get another football team too. They have the fan base and the money to support another team. Green Bay has like a 30 year wait for there season tickets, they can share the wealth with another team just fine.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's give Las Vegas a team :)

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Oklahoma City. It's a large enough city, they've shown they love sports, it's a good place where there aren't many other things going on, and there are no sports team within reasonable travelling distance.
The closest sport teams are the Chiefs and Cowboys. OKC would be a great place. Everyone loved having the Hornets (tonight is the last game :( ). It gets crazy around here during College Football but there is a big NFL fan base as well.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I really don't want another team. 32 is fine, it keeps the confeerences and divisions with an equal number of teams.
Alert the media! A Bears fan and a Packers fan agreeing! I came to that conclusion after thinking about 4 more teams and going back to 6 divisions (of 6 teams in that case). The most logical scheduling formula -- in addition to the obvious 2 games per division opponent -- would be games against the same-ranked team in the other 2 divisions in your conference (which is horrible) and then games against 4 of 6 from an inter-conference division.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears9654 View Post
Alert the media! A Bears fan and a Packers fan agreeing! .
Actually ive done it a few times before

The guy who made this shoulda said, IF THE NFL HAD TO EXPAND

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hawaii would be a tight place to play

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
takes away from the specialness of the pro bowl

Old 04-13-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
takes away from the specialness of the pro bowl
The pro bowl has specialness still?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Travel would make it impossible to have a team in Hawaii.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
The pro bowl has specialness still?
Well, sorta
The players on the Hawaii team wont ever come, cuz the entire point if the pro bowl is to chill in Hawaii

Old 04-13-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, but still cool to dream.

I would suggest Vegas, OKC, or San Antonio.

SA: I don't think they helped the Saints at all, but they are HUGE football fans sown there.

OKC: Another Football-Loving city that needs a sport after the Hornets leave.

Vegas: Who wouldn't want to go to Vegas?

WE SHOULD POST A POLL WITH ALL OF THE SUGGESTIONS AND HAVE PEOPLE VOTE ON THIS THING
Old 04-13-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Phrost

IF WE HAD TO I would say either Oklahoma or Columbus. Damn a Columbus team would be off da HOOK!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
IF WE HAD TO I would say either Oklahoma or Columbus. Damn a Columbus team would be off da HOOK!
Oh yeah, because Ohio needs three teams. I do agree with Oklahoma though. Oklahoma City would be a great place for a team.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn View Post
Dont forget the Marlins too. Florida should get rid of both there baseball teams seriously. Im a huge marlins fan and I go to a bunch of games, but they have won 2 world series in a little over a decade and still cant bring in fans. They got outdrawn this week by freakin Milwaukee, which hosted 2 teams not from there, by about 7k fans a game. I would hate to see them leave, but to be honest Florida isn't a good place for a baseball team. Great place to play, just bad fan base. Milwaukee should probably get another football team too. They have the fan base and the money to support another team. Green Bay has like a 30 year wait for there season tickets, they can share the wealth with another team just fine.
I went to a Florida game last May (went to Orlando on vacation and we took the insane trek to Miami---for reasons unknown) and I love the atmosphere there.

It's warm weather and it's a relaxing place to be. I'm not sure if it is due to the lack of people; but in the weather at night, I love being at Pro Player Stadium. But I think that Miami doesn't want the Marlins, moreso than the fans. You would think Miami would be a hotbed as most people retire in FL but I think it's more political.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Oh yeah, because Ohio needs three teams. I do agree with Oklahoma though. Oklahoma City would be a great place for a team.
The question is, do we really want to bring football to OKLAHOMA?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Ohio IS football.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Ohio IS football.
There are many states that would disagree with that. Why do you think Texas football is so dominant every year? The West Coast is really picking up lately too.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn View Post
Milwaukee doesnt need a team and it will never survive. I just think Green Bay's fans are too loyal.
But the Marlins can come to Virginia Beach

Old 04-13-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
There are many states that would disagree with that. Why do you think Texas football is so dominant every year? The West Coast is really picking up lately too.
Your Canadian how would you know? J/K but really there is a reason the HOF is here.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
RollingThunder

Mexico City lol
Old 04-13-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Your Canadian how would you know? J/K but really there is a reason the HOF is here.
I'm not debating the fact that football is big in Ohio, I'm saying that it is as big in other places. I can't really see any place topping Texas but that's just me.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote