Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comparable to the Cleveland Mavs shirts I saw in Ohio last year, but its much easier to sympathize with the Cleveland fans than the Seattle ones.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Eh, it'll be a platoon thing. Down the stretch Thabo may not even be on the floor, depends how his 3pt shot is working.
I don't expect him to really, so I'd just assume Harden but we'll see what Scotty does. Do agree on Perkins though, his one job should be to foul anyone hard that drives to the paint when he's in.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Collison is gonna be huge in the series. He's definitely gonna eat up a lot of minutes because Perk is useless unless the opposing team has an important post player. He's a lot better at hedging out on pick and rolls and keeping his positioning, so i'd imagine he is gonna see a lot of floor time once we start seeing the referees call everything in favor of the Heat.
I can definitely see that. Collison will see a lot of minutes. Perkins is old fat and slow these days. He's only good when the opposition has a big strong post player he can bang bodies with.

I can see OKC going small a lot in this series too and have Ibaka at the 5 and Durant at PF.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Comparable to the Cleveland Mavs shirts I saw in Ohio last year, but its much easier to sympathize with the Cleveland fans than the Seattle ones.
Clay Bennett is a worse person than Lebron but I would agree. The city of Seattle had a choice. Cleveland got blindsided.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there are so many good matchups and potential matchups in this series, it's going to be quite a fun one. Both teams are just so damn talented.

But I reiterate, I think it may come down to Brooks vs Spolstra, which is why I think (slightly) that OKC is going to win the series
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, you can't ask for a more entertaining Finals matchup.

Well, you can, and we'll see it next year when the Knicks play OKC in the Finals, but that has to wait a year.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 06-10-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
there are so many good matchups and potential matchups in this series, it's going to be quite a fun one. Both teams are just so damn talented.

But I reiterate, I think it may come down to Brooks vs Spolstra, which is why I think (slightly) that OKC is going to win the series
Brooks isn't all that good of a coach.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id say Spo is a better coach, personally.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Brooks isn't really any different from Spoelstra. Spoelstra gets more heat (no pun) than he deserves.

Hes a brilliant defensive coach. He isn't anymore offensively inept than Thibs but that's what you get with most defensive head coaches.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spoelstra draws up his last minute plays on an etch-a-sketch. Neither is all that impressive (and they both just beat arguably the two best coaches in the NBA), so i really don't think it matters all that much.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Spoelstra draws up his last minute plays on an etch-a-sketch. Neither is all that impressive (and they both just beat arguably the two best coaches in the NBA), so i really don't think it matters all that much.
Drawing up the last shot is often overrated. Most if not all coaches just say "Give it to Blah" and that's it. The players make it work.

Phil Jackson wasn't a genius with 20 seconds left. He went from give it to Jordan to give it to Kobe. Doesn't take a brilliant X and O guy to draw that up.

Brooks tells them give it to Durant.

Spoelstra wants to say give it to Lebron, but Lebron treats the final shot like it was super aids, so he has to tell Wade to shoot it, and Wade winds up trying a a 3 half the time which he shoots at a blazing 20% success rate.

So his hands are tied.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Brooks isn't all that good of a coach.
Never said he was, but I really dislike Spolstra. He gets the most out of his team defensively, but his play calling on offense is just putrid. There's no way a team with that much fire power on offense should go through stretches of stagnant half court offense like it does.

I'm not a Heat hater or basher or anything, this is no bias, but I really dislike Spo as a coach. His offense just makes me cringe and I don't think he's that great of a leader either. (not saying Brooks is Pop or anything, but I just don't see much with Spolstra)
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
It might not matter all that much, and we saw, as you said, pure talent beat out wily vets and the top 2 coaches in the league, but now it's talent vs talent and as we've said there are a ton of interesting matchups and these 2 teams are the most talented in the league (IMO), so I feel the edge might come down to the coaching.

I just don't think with the fire power OKC has, that the Heat can afford to go through stretches of horrid ball movement and stagnant offense like we've seen them do. And don't give me the meshing thing, they've played together 2 full years and have so much talent, Spo should be able to draw something up other than Lebron or Wade dribbling around for 22 seconds and throwing up a 20 ft fade away
Quote:
Old 06-10-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Drawing up the last shot is often overrated. Most if not all coaches just say "Give it to Blah" and that's it. The players make it work.

Phil Jackson wasn't a genius with 20 seconds left. He went from give it to Jordan to give it to Kobe. Doesn't take a brilliant X and O guy to draw that up.

Brooks tells them give it to Durant.

Spoelstra wants to say give it to Lebron, but Lebron treats the final shot like it was super aids, so he has to tell Wade to shoot it, and Wade winds up trying a a 3 half the time which he shoots at a blazing 20% success rate.

So his hands are tied.
That only happens in a situation where they're tied or down one. The last couple of times i've seen them, Spo calls a play but the Heat completely **** it up to the point where it gets thrown back out to the top of the key and someone has to take an awful jumper.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
That only happens in a situation where they're tied or down one. The last couple of times i've seen them, Spo calls a play but the Heat completely **** it up to the point where it gets thrown back out to the top of the key and someone has to take an awful jumper.
Fair enough. That begs the question though, is it Spo's fault that they messed the play up, or the players' fault?

I've always got the impression that in those situations, the entire Heat team just treats the ball like a hot potato and nobody other than Wade really wants to take the shot. When you have that kind of mindset, it leads to an ugly possession that we see so often from them.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I feel it's a bit of both. Yeah they shy away from taking the big shot (their first instinct is to pass the ball, not necessarily to shoot it), but coaching is also to blame when players are lost out there. Your players should never be confused as to what they're supposed to do coming out of a timeout. That falls on the coaching. His assistants need to do a better job of making sure they all take one guy and explain exactly what needs to be done.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of the last 4 Heat buzzer shots I can remember from the Celts series (I don't feel like doing any actual research on this), one was a **** up where LeBron made a bad pass to an open Haslem (after a good screen to get him the ball in the open). The other 3 were LeBron getting to the rim (and missing), LeBron getting matched up with Rondo (and missing), and Wade getting an open look (on an iso play, but still) and missing. But yea, the Heat constantly **** up the last play regularly. There was also the LeBron screen one that got Chalmers open when we were down 3 (he also missed). The Heat aren't perfect at last shot plays (they're probably fairly below average), but it's not like Spo is a monkey out there with a piece of chalk. He's not a great coach, and he's likely a better coach at getting an average team to be good than a very talented team to be champions, but he's still a good coach. If there was anything to hate on him in the Celtics series it was his rotation. Not playing Anthony at all when he was the only person that could kind of stop KG was fairly dumb, as well as playing Chalmers instead of Cole when Chalmers was playing terrible and Cole was being productive.

Oh, also love the ref hate before the series even starts. Good stuff.
*waits for bulldogs*

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see you DG!
Old 06-10-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I see you DG!
I do it for you buddy.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heaterz r cheaterz
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
At least Cleveland still has a team....
Old 06-10-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
At least Cleveland still has a team....
Do they? Do they really?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do they? Do they really?
Kyrie Irving is gonna be a hell of a player.......
Old 06-10-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Kyrie Irving is gonna be a hell of a player.......
Until he takes his talents the hell out of Cleveland.

But yeah, he will be.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Until he takes his talents the hell out of Cleveland.

But yeah, he will be.
Oh no, only an arrogant prick like LeBron would leave Cleveland. EYEROLL!