Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 06-11-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Rolling_Thunder
Rookie

Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
As a pure football fan and someone who would like to see the Chiefs get off the slide, I hope Poe lives up to his billing.

But I remember watching Vince Wilfork dominate at Miami, I saw Ngata look like he was playing against HSers in the Pac 10, Ndamukong Suh wasl a Terminator cyborg playing for Nebraska, and BJ Raji was IMO the best Dlineman by far in the ACC in 2007-8.

Poe is bigger, faster and stronger than all these guys, yet doesn't have a fraction of the dominant game film those guys had as collegians, even as Poe played at a lower level D1 conference.

IMO if Romeo Crennel can coach Dontari Poe into a solid NFL pro, he deserves a contract extension.
Can Romeo teach an athlete instincts or a feel for the game?? We'll see.
There have been numerous guys with elite measurables for a given position who just weren't good football players.
Being a beast specimen at NT doesn't mean you can't bust royally.
Absolutely agree! We will see, but the college film on Poe doesn't even come close to comparing to any of the players he was compared to before the draft. Sure, his college stats may have been similar to Raji and Ngata, but the fact is, neither one of them could be contained consistently by single protection. Poe, on the other hand, was taken out of plays routinely by one man. I even saw him in one game last year stood up on a block sgainst Tulane by a RB, which should NEVER happen to a player of his size and anthleticism if the ability is really there.
Rolling_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote