Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-11-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sandusky Trial

Figured we would put this crap in one place.

Amendola sounds like a complete chump of an attorney.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it makes me sick to read all the news about the trial, but im glad hes getting what he deserves. i hope every victim is brutally honest, and the asshole rots away in prison
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
it makes me sick to read all the news about the trial, but im glad hes getting what he deserves. i hope every victim is brutally honest, and the asshole rots away in prison
I hope he gets what he deserves. Going into this case, it seemed like the prosecution was going to be sloppy. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I could see him being found not guilty because of there remaining reasonable doubt, which would be down right sickening.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
I hope he gets what he deserves. Going into this case, it seemed like the prosecution was going to be sloppy. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I could see him being found not guilty because of there remaining reasonable doubt, which would be down right sickening.
I believe the Feds are investigating the situation as well, so if PA fails, the Feds would likely not mess it up.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The entire defense is such ******** as far as I'm concerned.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to bring back castration.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:57 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
The entire defense is such ******** as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah, Amendola himself is a pedo.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:01 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sandusky is going to kill himself in prison. I'd bet money on that.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Sandusky is going to kill himself in prison. I'd bet money on that.
How fitting would it be if he got sexually abused and than killed by a fellow inmate?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Death by stoning. Do it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Yeah, Amendola himself is a pedo.
Amedola is one of the most well respected attorneys in the area and is doing his job to defend his client. I think Amendola would have preferred a plea deal. Im not sure how it works but I believe he has to do what Sandusky asks (to take it to trial) so he tried to make a case defending him, but it's backfiring. He didn't seem prepared for victim #4's testimony. I hope for the sake of the people he has hurt that Sandusky is found guilty on all counts and sent to rot in prison.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
How fitting would it be if he got sexually abused and than killed by a fellow inmate?
I have a feeling that this will happen

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 06-12-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
Amedola is one of the most well respected attorneys in the area and is doing his job to defend his client. I think Amendola would have preferred a plea deal. Im not sure how it works but I believe he has to do what Sandusky asks (to take it to trial) so he tried to make a case defending him, but it's backfiring. He didn't seem prepared for victim #4's testimony. I hope for the sake of the people he has hurt that Sandusky is found guilty on all counts and sent to rot in prison.
From reading that writeup, it sounds like he is getting slaughtered. You are right that a lawyer has to do what his client tells him or the lawyer can drop his client. For some reason he didn't drop Sandusky. Maybe he wants Sandusky to get nailed and is bumbling around on purpose because his conscious is getting to him.

Also, if a pedo that impregnated a 16 year old girl, then used the law to legally emancipate her from her parents to protect himself is one of the most well respected lawyers in the area, then your area needs some serious self reflection on it's value system.

Quote:
According to documents filed with Centre County Courthouse, Amendola served as the attorney for Mary Iavasile’s emancipation petition on Sept. 3, 1996, just weeks before her 17th birthday.

The emancipation request said Mary graduated from high school in two years with a 3.69 grade point average and maintained a full-time job — but makes no mention of any special relationship between her and her lawyer.

Roughly around the same time, however, Iavasile became pregnant with Amendola’s child, and gave birth before she turned 18, her mother, Janet Iavasile, alleged in an interview with The Daily.

He was born in 1948 and was around 49 at the time.

Last edited by JoeJoeBrown : 06-12-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully he'll get what he deserves. If the prosectution has every vitcim that's lined up as well prepared as this first guy, it should be pretty easy.

The last line of the article is perfect. At least there is one example of a victim who has everything going well for him, despite this pos.

"A kid who once cowered in front of Jerry Sandusky was all grown up Monday afternoon, strong, fearless and unafraid of telling it all on good old Jer."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
Few things in life can be guaranteed, but this one is about as close as possible.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
From reading that writeup, it sounds like he is getting slaughtered. You are right that a lawyer has to do what his client tells him or the lawyer can drop his client. For some reason he didn't drop Sandusky. Maybe he wants Sandusky to get nailed and is bumbling around on purpose because his conscious is getting to him.

Also, if a pedo that impregnated a 16 year old girl, then used the law to legally emancipate her from her parents to protect himself is one of the most well respected lawyers in the area, then your area needs some serious self reflection on it's value system.
Wow I didn't know about the 16 year old girl. Thats pretty crazy. I meant that he is well respected as a lawyer in the area (regarded as one of the best), although maybe not as a person. I never heard anything about Joe Amendola the person. Definitely lost respect for him after reading that.

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 06-12-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
Wow I didn't know about the 16 year old girl. Thats pretty crazy. I meant that he is well respected as a lawyer in the area (regarded as one of the best), although maybe not as a person. I never heard anything about Joe Amendola the person. Definitely lost respect for him after reading that.
How did he not get disbarred for that?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

LaVarr Arrington with a great piece here.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn people here wish hed get raped and murdered in jail, but when i say i hope the girl that lies about banks gets raped for real i look like a piece of ****....what a double standard lol
Old 06-12-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
damn people here wish hed get raped and murdered in jail, but when i say i hope the girl that lies about banks gets raped for real i look like a piece of ****....what a double standard lol
Good point. However, I don't want the girl raped, I just want her thrown in jail for 20 years along with her mother.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Summary of McQueary's testimony/day on the witness stand:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...1-showers.html
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:41 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Summary of McQueary's testimony/day on the witness stand:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...1-showers.html
Wow, there is hard evidence that the head of PSU buried the information (along with another executive). The head football coach was informed of activities.

Bad bad stuff.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole PSU program is dirty including Paterno. Just crazy they covered this all up for so long.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:01 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The whole PSU program is dirty including Paterno. Just crazy they covered this all up for so long.
Yeah, I find it hard to believe that JoePa wasn't involved. Those above him knew and covered things up, those below him knew and either ignored it or didn't pursue it well enough, and he was explicitly told it was happening.

And he pushed the guy out of a job in 1998 after he was investigated.

It's a pretty messed up situation.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see Sandusky going down.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of McQueary? I kind of feel he has been unfairly painted as a target. I remember a lot of the talking heads at ESPN criticizing him. He witnessed a pretty ****** up situation, it is easy to say how someone SHOULD react without ever actually having to experience witnessing something that terrible first hand. He was in a pretty tough spot- a young grad assistant at the time - I think he regrets not doing more (which is natural) but it looks like the whole PSU power structure was involved in this whole Sandusky mess/cover-up so McQueary probably felt powerless to some extent. He reported it to those he thought needed to know and would address the situation. Sorry for the rant - he was just the wrong guy at the wrong place at the wrong time.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote