Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-13-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Obviously how I am debating I like Morrowind the best but Skyrim is solid second. Oblivion is a distant third though.
Oblivion was not as anywhere good as it was reviewed to be.

1) Skyrim

2) Morrowind

3) Oblivion

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oblivion was a revelation on consoles because there had never been a game like it except on PC. Compared to Morrowind or Skyrim though it is clearly not as good.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oblivion was a huge disappointment to me. I went in expecting Morrowind II and got...well, Oblivion.

Something Cain and I discussed a lot in preparing for the Elder Scrolls Battlefield game we're doing was how the factions used to interact with eachother in Morrowind. There was a Thieves Guild quest where you needed to hire a battlemage from the Mages guild to protect your guildhall. And others where the Fighters and Thieves interacted in different ways. And that's not even getting started on the Great House quests...

In Oblivion and Skyrim, you could play through most of the guild questline without interacting with another playable faction even once.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oblivion's main story was really, really bad. However, it was far and away better for both the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood than Skyrim was. I still prefer Skyrim as a whole though.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
In Oblivion and Skyrim, you could play through most of the guild questline without interacting with another playable faction even once.
I hope that in the next game, guilds are more like gangs in the sense that they dont like one another

Old 06-13-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Oblivion's main story was really, really bad. However, it was far and away better for both the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood than Skyrim was. I still prefer Skyrim as a whole though.
Oblivion does get points for those two factions and their main quests. Even compared to the other guild quests, Skyrim's DB and Thieves quest lines seemed to be the best.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

The Thieves Guild questline in Oblivion was awesome. stealing that ******* elder scroll had my heart RACING. Also, I wish Skyrim had Umbra in it.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The Thieves Guild questline in Oblivion was awesome. stealing that ******* elder scroll had my heart RACING. Also, I wish Skyrim had Umbra in it.
The closest you can get to Umbra is the "Old Orc" wandering Skyrim.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking of getting Morrowind on Steam since I tried torrenting it but couldn't get the expansions working properly. Any recommended mods?
Old 06-13-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Hmmm, I never remember seeing him on my Skyrim playthrough.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting Morrowind on Steam since I tried torrenting it but couldn't get the expansions working properly. Any recommended mods?
If graphics are a problem for you, get the Morrowind Graphics Enhancer or one of it's similar mods. They won't put them at Oblivion level or anything, but it does make the game much nicer.

Though honestly, if it's your first ever play through, I'd suggest doing a vanilla run just to get a feel for the game. See what it was all about.

Then mod to your heart's content.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Quote:
Haha that is another thing BeerBaron and I talked about. It is a staple that shouldn't have been removed.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hmmm, I never remember seeing him on my Skyrim playthrough.
It's a radiant encounter, so it's completely random. Like running into a mercenary, thief, or someone like that in the wild.

Man I love running into mercenaries. They always have bangin' armor to loot.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I'm downloading Morrowind Game of the Year edition right now. Between that and Civilization, I got some games to play before I get into the new Skyrim DLC.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Just finished installing Morrowind with both Bloodmoon and Tribunal, debating whether or not to use any mods or play it the way it is on my first go.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Steam should have had the latest patched versions, so you should be good to go on that.

I'd personally go without mods for a playthrough. Get the feel of the game as it was supposed to be.

Give any thoughts to your character type yet? It's a lot more important in MW than the following games.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the quest chains for all the guilds were a lot better in Oblivion. It felt like i was the leader of the Companions right after joining.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Steam should have had the latest patched versions, so you should be good to go on that.

I'd personally go without mods for a playthrough. Get the feel of the game as it was supposed to be.

Give any thoughts to your character type yet? It's a lot more important in MW than the following games.
Not sure yet, maybe I'll make a thief type guy. I usually have a ton of fun with them. I ended up torrenting it so I'm not sure if it's the latest patch.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Not sure yet, maybe I'll make a thief type guy. I usually have a ton of fun with them. I ended up torrenting it so I'm not sure if it's the latest patch.
The official patches should be available on the Elder Scrolls site. They fix a lot of bug issues and game breakers.

A thief type guy is a good way to go. I wouldn't use one of the premade classes and instead create your own, letting you pick your primary attributes as well as major/minor skills. You'll almost certainly want Short Blade, Marksman, Light Armor, Sneak and Security in there. Bosmer is a good choice for race along with Khajiit (but they can't wear closed helms or boots in MW, so be aware of that) with Dunmer as a good jack of all trades backup choice.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
The official patches should be available on the Elder Scrolls site. They fix a lot of bug issues and game breakers.

A thief type guy is a good way to go. I wouldn't use one of the premade classes and instead create your own, letting you pick your primary attributes as well as major/minor skills. You'll almost certainly want Short Blade, Marksman, Light Armor, Sneak and Security in there. Bosmer is a good choice for race along with Khajiit (but they can't wear closed helms or boots in MW, so be aware of that) with Dunmer as a good jack of all trades backup choice.
I'm downloading an unofficial patch right now which supposedly fixes more issues.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Just finished downloading some mods against the advice of BB, I got Better Bodies, Heads, Clothes, all that jazz. Any awesome recommended mods?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim Xbox and 360. It wasn't until Steam had all 3 for $50 back in January that I jumped to the PC.

So I have no idea on mods.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Just finished downloading some mods against the advice of BB, I got Better Bodies, Heads, Clothes, all that jazz. Any awesome recommended mods?
Well those are all just cosmetic, so I guess it's no biggy.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Just finished a couple quests in the first town, going to take a little break before heading to Balmora.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really should finish this game, one of these days.