Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 06-13-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Knicks and Bucs
Rookie

Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs
Default David Amerson Sucks

This is just my opinion about the guy. I think he sucks and will not be a first rounder next year. The bucs will not take him so quit mocking him to us. There are better players they can take besides this garbage. He is nowhere near a shutdown corner. So you little idiots consider that.
Knicks and Bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noted.

Thanks for your in depth review of the player.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks and Bucs View Post
This is just my opinion about the guy. I think he sucks and will not be a first rounder next year. The bucs will not take him so quit mocking him to us. There are better players they can take besides this garbage. He is nowhere near a shutdown corner. So you little idiots consider that.
You're really getting butthurt about being mocked a player a year in advance. You say he sucks now, but maybe by next years draft he'll be a sure fire top 5 pick.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Dro
Rookie

Dro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
i understand why you are so mad.. your knicks and bucs fan.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you little idiots consider that.
...how did he know the forum is full of short people?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he just thinks we're only a small amount idiots. That's nice of him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think his insight is in depth and accurate, all you little idiots! The Bucs are totally not taking the best corner in the draft.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love when people completely don't understand what a pre-season mock draft is.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
HakeemtheMachine
Rookie

HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if U dont believe Amerson could play CB in the NFL he certainly does not suck. I have "?"'s about his ability to play man coverage myself. Amerson however possesses many skills that translate him into an elite FS. He has outstanding ball skills and his ability to be able to read the QB and bait him into throwing interceptions would make him invaluable at that position. Amerson also possess the the frame to carry more size and weight. May opinion is he ends up as a safety but we will wait and see
HakeemtheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SterlingArcher
Rookie

SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
...how did he know the forum is full of short people?
I'M NOT SHORT, I'M VERTICALLY CHALLENGED!!!!!
SterlingArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemtheMachine View Post
Even if U dont believe Amerson could play CB in the NFL he certainly does not suck. I have "?"'s about his ability to play man coverage myself. Amerson however possesses many skills that translate him into an elite FS. He has outstanding ball skills and his ability to be able to read the QB and bait him into throwing interceptions would make him invaluable at that position. Amerson also possess the the frame to carry more size and weight. May opinion is he ends up as a safety but we will wait and see
I agree, I think he may end up as a ballhawking free safety. I've only seen a little bit of Amerson but it appears as though he is almost exclusively a zone coverage defender despite his size/athleticism. His instincts and ball skills grade out very highly but teams will have to ask themselves if it is worth drafting a player in the top five or ten picks who has not played a lot of man coverage and may require a position change at the next level.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just boot someone who posts a thread this way guys

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I agree, I think he may end up as a ballhawking free safety. I've only seen a little bit of Amerson but it appears as though he is almost exclusively a zone coverage defender despite his size/athleticism. His instincts and ball skills grade out very highly but teams will have to ask themselves if it is worth drafting a player in the top five or ten picks who has not played a lot of man coverage and may require a position change at the next level.
We play 95% zone coverage, so that would be expected. Amerson mans the "field" side, which I think attributes to his huge jump from Freshman to Sophomore years. Freshman year, he was mainly the Boundary Corner, which kind of pegged him into a box and required he make sure tackles on runs to that side of the field. Being the Field Corner allows him more freedom to bait quarterbacks into throwing his way and also allows him to not be TOO concerned with where the RB is on any given play. It'll be up to the team scouts to determine at the combine whether Amerson can be top-5 valuable to a mainly man coverage team. He'd be amazing in a zone coverage scheme, or, as you suggested, from a move to FS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronde Barber, you've been upgraded.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks. (10 char)
Old 06-18-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I think it will be more of a question about his speed. Can he run at least a 4.50 40 or is he slower. I've seen his 40 time suggested to be around a 4.52 which certainly will keep him from the top 15 picks but if he is faster, then all bets are off.

Why people always think a top prospect who goes in round 1, will be asked to play FS is beyond me. A 4.52 will make him very attractive to zone defensive teams and he will play CB for a long time in the NFL.

CB's make a heck of a lot more money than Safeties in the NFL and few will willingly make the switch. It is a different story if you are a later pick just trying to make the team but 1st rounds are avoided by teams needing a Safety because they know they will have serious problems trying to convince his agent to agree to the move until he has had a couple of years to demonstrate he cannot play CB in the NFL.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's just a switch that makes a lot of sense. Just looking at the NFC South, all but Atlanta have/had converted players at the safety spot; Charles Godfrey (CAR), Tanard Jackson (TB), Malcolm Jenkins (NO).

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regardless of where he ends up playing, he's going to get another year of football to mature. His measurables are what is getting him mocked that high, along with an outstanding sophomore season.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Knicks. (10 char)
I think that Melo is better than Amerson. Wouldn't you agree?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I think that Melo is better than Amerson. Wouldn't you agree?
Yeah, he stops offenses cold too.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry i just had to do it...but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually really like Amerson. He is my #1 corner at the moment.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big ACC football fan,

Amerson is legit. He's a solid 6'3" 190 with a frame to hold another 15 pounds easily. He's an elite athlete who actually made a step up on DeAndre Hopkins of Clemson last year on a deep ball to break it up. No idea what he runs in the 40 - but I don't think anybody in the ACC is faster.

He's also a great ballhawk. The scary thing is that he left a couple of INT's on the table last year.

Whether he can play man coverage in the NFL remains to me seen. We probably won't have a good idea about how quick is he, how good he is at jamming WR's at the ine and how good his backpedal is until pre-draft camps. Until then, I think it's a legit debate on whether he is a first round prospect or a top five overall prospect.

But he doesn't suck.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Wizdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah, he stops offenses cold too.
Melo singlehandedly can stop an offense. At least there's other people on the field with Amerson to help.