Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns

1 :: 9/9 vs. Philadelphia Eagles L
2 :: 9/16 at Cincinnati Bengals L
3 :: 9/23 vs. Buffalo Bills L
4 :: 9/27 at Baltimore Ravens L
5 :: 10/7 at New York Giants W :: we always beat the SB champ
6 :: 10/14 vs. Cincinnati Bengals W :: usually play the division tough and I think we are closer talent-wise than last year
7 :: 10/21 at Indianapolis Colts W :: the defense makes life tough for the #1 pick
8 :: 10/28 vs. San Diego Chargers L
9 :: 11/4 vs. Baltimore Ravens W :: see 10/14 notes
10 :: Bye
11 :: 11/18 at Dallas Cowboys L
12 :: 11/25 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers L
13 :: 12/2 at Oakland Raiders L
14 :: 12/9 vs. Kansas City Chiefs W :: Haden pick-six from Cassel to seal it!
15 :: 12/16 vs. Washington Redskins L
16 :: 12/23 at Denver Broncos L
17 :: 12/30 at Pittsburgh Steelers L

I mostly just picked some random stuff to happen. There's some thought behind it too, but we all know it's a crap shoot anyway. I expect the defense to keep growing and to keep us in most games, which should give us a chance to steal a couple.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks, based on the predictions in this thread so far.

@ Cardinals- n/a
vs. Cowboys- LOSS
vs. Packers- LOSS
@- Rams- n/a
@ Panthers- LOSS
vs. Patriots- LOSS
@ 49ers- LOSS
@ Lions- LOSS
vs. Vikings- WIN
vs. Jets- LOSS
bye
@ Dolphins- LOSS
@Chicago- LOSS
vs. Cardinals- n/a
@ Bills- LOSS
vs. 49ers- TOSS UP
vs. Rams- n/a

With a Vikings fan predicting a win for the Seahawks and a split vote between 2 Niners fans for the Niners@Seahawks contest, that's 1-11 or 2-10 with no predictions from the Rams or Cardinals fans. 1 Patriots fan did say Patriots@Seahawks would be "tough", but another responded by saying the Patriots would "kill" Seattle, so I counted that as a loss.

So anywhere from 1-15 to 6-10 for my Seahawks.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Knicks and Bucs
Rookie

Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Seahawks, based on the predictions in this thread so far.

@ Cardinals- n/a
vs. Cowboys- LOSS
vs. Packers- LOSS
@- Rams- n/a
@ Panthers- LOSS
vs. Patriots- LOSS
@ 49ers- LOSS
@ Lions- LOSS
vs. Vikings- WIN
vs. Jets- LOSS
bye
@ Dolphins- LOSS
@Chicago- LOSS
vs. Cardinals- n/a
@ Bills- LOSS
vs. 49ers- TOSS UP
vs. Rams- n/a

With a Vikings fan predicting a win for the Seahawks and a split vote between 2 Niners fans for the Niners@Seahawks contest, that's 1-11 or 2-10 with no predictions from the Rams or Cardinals fans. 1 Patriots fan did say Patriots@Seahawks would be "tough", but another responded by saying the Patriots would "kill" Seattle, so I counted that as a loss.

So anywhere from 1-15 to 6-10 for my Seahawks.

I really think the seahawks can be a contender. If I were to go by people's rankings on here. The bucs would be 0-16. I do not think they are that bad. Honestly I think they can be a .500 team. People on here just look at these teams from last year and assume that is how they are going to be, but yet everyone is different. I do think Josh Freeman is a horrible QB, but I think the running game will kick ass. The defense is not that bad either. The hawks and bucs will be a lot better than what people on this site believe.
Knicks and Bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks and Bucs View Post
I really think the seahawks can be a contender. If I were to go by people's rankings on here. The bucs would be 0-16. I do not think they are that bad. Honestly I think they can be a .500 team. People on here just look at these teams from last year and assume that is how they are going to be, but yet everyone is different. The hawks and bucs will be a lot better than what people on this site believe.
I think the Bucs floord is 3 wins if everything goes poorly. At the end of the day, I think they can win 6 games. As for the Seahawks, it all depends on Flynn. If he is good, they could be 10-6. If he turns out to be like Kolb, they would likely go 4-12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Knicks and Bucs
Rookie

Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs

Let me try this...in all seriousness.

Panthers - W
Giants - W Giants usually drop a game or two against teams they should beat.
Cowboys - L
Redskins - W
Week 5 Bye
Chiefs - W
Saints - L
Vikings - L
Raiders - W
Chargers - W
Panthers - L
Falcons - L
Broncos - L
Eagles -L
Saints - L
Rams - W
Falcons - W

8-8
I really think the bucs can be a .500 team. I can see them pulling off an upset over nyg and san diego. They are not as bad as what they were at the end of the season. Before the first panther game. They played good teams such as the saints, lions, bears, titans, and packers real well. I really think if they tried they could of won a few more games at the end. Josh Freeman does worry me a bit. I really think Tampa will be getting a new signal caller next year. Most of the success from this season is from their awesome running game and hell of an o-line. Two out of the three pro bowl guards are on that line and a one year removed pro bowl tackle from Penn who should of made it this year. Why I like Doug Martin as a possible OROY the year candidate.
Knicks and Bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets

1. Buffalo- w
2. @ Pittsburgh- w
3. @Miami- w
4. San Francisco- l
5. Houston- l
6. Indianapolis- w
7. @New England- l
8. Miami- w
9. Bye
10. @Seattle- w
11. @St. Louis- w
12. New England- l
13. Arizona- w
14. @Jacksonville- w
15.@Tennessee- w
16. San Diego- l
17. @Buffalo- l

10-6Least confident win = Steelers. To me Big Ben will try to force passes with Mendenhall out the first 6 weeks

Most confident win = Jaguars. Blain Gabbert

Least confident loss = Patriots either week. Just have their number

Most confident loss = Last game vs the Bills. Trap game/upset

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I think the Bucs floord is 3 wins if everything goes poorly. At the end of the day, I think they can win 6 games. As for the Seahawks, it all depends on Flynn. If he is good, they could be 10-6. If he turns out to be like Kolb, they would likely go 4-12.
Well, if Flynn sucks, they can always go with Jackson who was able to go 7-9 with a turn labrum. If the pass rush improves with Irving and the young linebackers step up, 7-9 with terrible QB play like last year is still possible. The defense looks very very promising.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright here is our thing going game by game...

@ Lions L 0-1
vs. Redskins L 0-2
@ Bears L 0-3
vs. Seahawks W 1-3
vs. Cardinals W 2-3
@ Dolphins W 3-3
vs. Packers L 3-4
"vs." Patriots L 3-5
@ 49ers L 3-6
vs. Jets L 3-7
@ Cardinals L 3-8
vs. 49ers L 3-9
@ Bills L 3-10
vs. Vikings W 4-10
@ Buccaneers W 5-10
@ Seahawks L 5-11

Most Confident Win...Come my team is the Rams, I am not confident in any win. Pin me against the wall and make me say one, the one against the Vikings.

Least Confident Win...@ Buccaneers, I am predicting the 2011 Bucs will show this season, not the 2010, but if it is the 2010, we ain't winning.

Most Confident Loss..."vs." the Patriots...I ******* HATE THIS PLAYING IN LONDON ****. They are gonna send us over there with great teams that will put asses in the seats like the Patriots, and the other ******* team will have more ******* fans, and at a ******* home game for us. THAT ******* PISSES ME OFF!

Least Confident Loss...@ Seattle...Its in Seattle in week 17 tho. IDK what the Seahawks mind set will be. Is Matt Flynn a starter in this league or was he a couple game wonder against bad defenses? Or will it be suck for Barkley (it doesn't work as well) time for Carroll and Seattle? So I am not sure...
Old 06-23-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
1 Sun, Sep 9 vs New England Loss
2 Sun, Sep 16 @ San Diego Loss
3 Sun, Sep 23 vs Detroit Win
4 Sun, Sep 30 @ Houston Loss
5 Sun, Oct 7 @ Minnesota Win
6 Thu, Oct 11 vs Pittsburgh Win
7 Sun, Oct 21 @ Buffalo Win
8 Sun, Oct 28 vs Indianapolis Win
9 Sun, Nov 4 vs Chicago Loss
10 Sun, Nov 11 @ Miami Loss
11 Bye
12 Sun, Nov 25 @ Jacksonville Loss
13 Sun, Dec 2 vs Houston Win
14 Sun, Dec 9 @ Indianapolis Loss
15 Mon, Dec 17 vs NY Jets Win
16 Sun, Dec 23 @ Green Bay Loss
17 Sun, Dec 30 vs Jacksonville Win

8-8, based this mostly on Hasselbeck playing.
Splitting with every team in the division sounds fair, even though I hope we can sweep Jax and Indy (personnel wise I think we should sweep both).
Between San Diego, Chicago, and Miami I hope we can go 2-1. I think 9-7 this year.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@ Detroit LOSS

vs Washington WIN

@ Chicago WIN

vs Seattle WIN

vs Arizona WIN

@ Miami WIN

vs Green Bay LOSS

vs New England LOSS

BYE WEEK

@ San Francisco LOSS

vs New York Jets WIN

@ Arizona WIN