Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-16-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the new Batwing is apparently called "The Bat". Interesting. And a new TV spot showcasing it has surfaced. Bruce has a cane as well. Maybe Bane screws him up towards the beginning of the film.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bane looks like he's going to be so damn awesome.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buy your tickets now!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Bane looks like he's going to be so damn awesome.
Yes. He does. Although I'm not a fan of his mask too much and the fact that he isn't huge like he is in the comics. But whatever. He still looks like a badass and it looks like Nolan/Goyer is taking the character back to his roots or being a very smart intellectual villain. Hopefully this movie turns people into Bane fans.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Here is a cool new trailer with some new footage.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Here is a cool new trailer with some new footage.

That trailer is pretty awesome. The score makes is so much better. Hans Zimmer is freaking awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably my most anticipated movie ever.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Probably my most anticipated movie ever.
I've said that exact same thing about the other two movies. This one I'm more sad that it's the end.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 06-19-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I've said that exact same thing about the other two movies. This one I'm more sad that it's the end.
At the same time, I'll be happy if this is the end, although I think a reboot has already been planned.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind a reboot if they take it in an Arkham Asylum/Arkham City direction, but even though it would be tough to follow in Nolan and Bale's footsteps, I think the next movies could be built off of this series. Especially if they go in a "The Dark Knight Returns" or Batman Beyond type of direction.

It should be very interesting to follow.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without Nolan and Bale, I'd rather see them give Batman a break for 10 or 15 years. I don't want to risk going back to crap like Batman Forever.

Last edited by WCH : 06-19-2012 at 02:53 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I wouldn't mind a reboot if they take it in an Arkham Asylum/Arkham City direction, but even though it would be tough to follow in Nolan and Bale's footsteps, I think the next movies could be built off of this series. Especially if they go in a "The Dark Knight Returns" or Batman Beyond type of direction.

It should be very interesting to follow.
I simply have very low expectations for any reboots that are planned while the preceding trilogy hasn't even been completed. Batman Beyond would be a very interesting take on the series that I can get behind, never played much Arkham Asylum/Arkham City so I can't comment on that direction. I just believe whatever Batman movie follows Nolan will likely be more committed to making money than putting quality on screen. Perhaps Warner Bros. realize the bar they set with this trilogy and are committed to try and match it and not simply bank off of the franchise itself, I just have serious doubts.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-19-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Without Nolan and Bale, I'd rather see them give Batman a break for 10 or 15 years. I don't want to risk going back to crap like Batman Forever.
This is my thought. I have no problem with a reboot, but when a reboot is already being planned before the trilogy is over, my expectations are going to be quite low. Nolan's films so far have been masterpieces and the finale looks like it will be the same. I doubt they'll ever really be outdated, and certainly not within the next decade or so. There's no need for a series reboot any time soon, which is why I believe the reason is cashing in on the financial possibilities of the franchise, and not genuinely expanding it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-19-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

On a different note, is it possible to purchase the entire "Knightfall" story arc in one piece. I can only seem to find the three seprate parts. I have the novelization of the story arc but I'd like the comics too.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 06-19-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arnold as Freeze.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Penguin should have been another big villain brought in.

I always think of Joker and Penguin, when mentioning Batman's key villians.

Last movie with Catwomen had Penguin.

Also is this movie version of Catwomen using a gun?

Last edited by brat316 : 06-19-2012 at 03:24 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Arnold as Freeze.
Been there. Done that. Arnold as the Riddler. Now that's something I'd like to see.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 06-19-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I know, I just want to see the Freeze back.

Oh man the Riddler movie was so bad, with Jim Carey.

Now thinking about it, no batman movies have been this good.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I know, I just want to see the Freeze back.

Oh man the Riddler movie was so bad, with Jim Carey.

Now thinking about it, no batman movies have been this good.
Lies!

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 06-19-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even the two Tim Burton movies look like crap compared to this series. I didn't think that it was possible to top Jack Nicholson as Joker, but Heath Ledger did it.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
At the same time, I'll be happy if this is the end, although I think a reboot has already been planned.
Apparently the reboot is going to be titled The Batman with it taking place in Batman's second year as a Superhero.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Apparently the reboot is going to be titled The Batman with it taking place in Batman's second year as a Superhero.
If that's true, that sounds like a solid start. We don't need an origin movie again.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How cool would it be if there was a surprise villain in the movie that they somehow kept under wraps?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
How cool would it be if there was a surprise villain in the movie that they somehow kept under wraps?
Well, they kinda do.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Even the two Tim Burton movies look like crap compared to this series. I didn't think that it was possible to top Jack Nicholson as Joker, but Heath Ledger did it.
I still like the original Batman. The 1989 version that is. Even though there are some issues that turn me off (some plot holes, the fact that Batman doesn't have a problem killing in that movie) it still captures a nice mood. I appreciate the aspect of the film where we don't really learn much about Bruce or his journey of becoming Batman. That film is arguably more about the Joker.

Quote: