Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deron is going to resign with Brooklyn. this I am 90% sure of

that is all.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he wants to retire without a chance at a ring.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep reading that the Bulls are trying to trade Deng for Tyreke Evans and the 5th pick. I just spent a decent portion of my day trying to get this to work (aka seeing if it was possible) and this is the fairest or closest to fairest deal I could come up with:

Under the condition that Harrison Barnes or MKG are available at 5:

Assumption number one: The Kings believe that neither will be as good as Deng and that the veteran experience of Deng will be a stabilizing force to their relatively young squad.

Assumption two: The Bulls believe that Evans will be willing to resign with them and that he and Rose will be able to coexist offensively and defensively.

Trade:Chicago Bulls receive: 5th overall pick, Tyreke Evans, and John Salmons

Sacramento Kings receive: Luol Deng, 29th overall pick, and Chicago's next year pick top 8 protected.

Reasoning: Chicago- They get an offensive playmaker in Tyreke who, when he's on, can get to the rim and actually facilitate an offense. The 5th pick actually boosts their talent pool with either a hard nosed, defensive, intangible filled glue guy in MKG, or a laid back cool shooter in Barnes to replace Deng. They get stuck with a fairly useless contract that will weigh them down for a few years, but in emergency situations, Salmons can play the 2 or 3.

For Sacramento: They get one of the best defenders at the SF position in Luol Deng, he can play enormous minutes, and is a good slasher and underrated shooter. They get a late rounder to add to their core and a possible late lottery pick the next year if things go badly for the Bulls. They rid themselves of the terrible contract of John Salmons, and retain some cap space to make a run at Deron Williams or another FA they like.

Personally the way this looks the Bulls come out the better but will never have money again. While Sacramento retains it's cap flexibility and ability to entice a FA stud. Deng, Cousins, Fredette, Thompson, and Thornton does make a really nice core right there.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure who wins that trade.

Evans has serious ability and I don't see any reason he can't be the Harden for that side, Rose is a better playmaker than Westbrook but Evans isn't as good as Harden. The Thunder also kind of have Durant which is probably why they can get away with having two non-PGs running their offense.

The problem with Evans is he could totally destroy the chemistry the Bulls have. No one could argue that he isn't one of the worst black holes in the NBA and he isn't exactly well known for being a good locker room guy either.

Bulls are basically backing their veteran leadership and good locker room to be able to tame Evans and get the most out of him. Getting a 5th pick probably doesn't hurt even if it's a pretty shallow draft.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HA! No way in hell would I EVER approve of that deal. Good lord that is horrible.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when Rose comes back would anyone else get a single shot? That backcourt doesn't compliment each other at all.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the fact that Kendrick Perkins is on the floor to start this game is a bad sign early for OKC
Old 06-19-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I'm not sure who wins that trade.
You're not sure who wins that trade?! You're getting a 22 year old who averages 18-5-5 on his career and a top 5 draft pick in exchange for a mediocre small forward. If the Kings wanted Luol Deng they could just keep Tyreke Evans and a top 5 pick and draft a better, younger, more explosive and offensively sound Luol Deng in Harrison Barnes. **** that trade idea.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luol Deng is so overrated on this board.

Btw if Perkins can't score on battier...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luol Deng is not mediocre, I don't think I would do that trade because I think Evans can still be fixed but he's not mediocre. I don't like that trade for either team really.

OKC is coming out hot. Westbrook especially, I hope he keeps it up he's taking too much heat in this series.

Last edited by yo123 : 06-19-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's the guy that can't speak English and was talking **** about LeBron?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Serge Ibaka plays so goddamn stupid.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Battier being a high school coach when his playing days are over... teaching kids how to properly take a charge.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Luol Deng is not mediocre, I don't think I would do that trade because I think Evans can still be fixed but he's not mediocre.
Small forwards I'd rather have than Luol Deng… 

LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Gerald Wallace
Andre Igoudala
Danny Granger
Joe Johnson
Rudy ***
Kawhi Leonard
Danilo Gallinari
Nic Batum
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Harrison Barnes

…and probably more that I'm just forgetting. I can find a good defender (who is not elite) who provides little on offense outside of shooting somewhere else and probably younger/cheaper too.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post

LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Gerald Wallace
Andre Igoudala
Danny Granger
Joe Johnson
Rudy ***
Kawhi Leonard
Danilo Gallinari
Nic Batum
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Harrison Barnes

…and probably more that I'm just forgetting. I can find a good defender (who is not elite) who provides little on offense outside of shooting somewhere else and probably younger/cheaper too.
You serious? Batum is a brutal man defender, and gets exposed every time he is forced to guard a guy head on. He's also not that good of an offensive player, so Deng is waaaaaaaay better. Harrison Barnes isn't that good of a prospect, and way too unproven. Gerald Wallace has regressed way more than Deng. Joe Johnson isn't a small forward.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:

LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Gerald Wallace
Andre Igoudala
Danny Granger
Joe Johnson
Rudy ***
Kawhi Leonard
Danilo Gallinari
Nic Batum
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Harrison Barnes

MKG/Barnes aren't even in the league yet and Barnes is just ridiculously overrated in general.

Other than that I'd take Lebron, Melo, Durant, Iggy, ***, Gallo, and Granger over him. Johnson is a SG. What makes Gerald Wallace better? He's known as a defender but he doesn't do that as well as Deng and he doesn't have a jump shot. Kawhi Leonard? Really? I like him and he might get there him in the future but he's not yet.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Battier would try to take a charge in that situation.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You serious? Batum is a brutal man defender, and gets exposed every time he is forced to guard a guy head on. He's also not that good of an offensive player, so Deng is waaaaaaaay better. Harrison Barnes isn't that good of a prospect, and way too unproven. Gerald Wallace has regressed way more than Deng. Joe Johnson isn't a small forward.
Deng is in that Iguodola, Granger, Rudy Cool class of small forwards.

He is an elite defender, he has developed a 3 point shot and is a really solid all around offensive player.

Also, I am unsure what makes Harrison Barnes a better player already even ignoring the fact he probably isn't even a better draft prospect as Deng was.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Harden was supposed to be the Xfactor this series, instead he's been the 5th or 6th best on his team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

I really liked the Westbrook-Harden-Sefolosha-Durant-Collison lineup. obviously you need to give them a rest, but I don't particularly love the lineup Brooks has out there now.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Thunder rotation and rebounding is just pathetic right now. And James Harden needs to be yanked. the offense just stalls with him out there. I don't like him without Durant right now, because he's going to be best on kickouts where Durant collapses the lane and gets a 2x team. then Harden can go 1-on-1, otherwise the Heat are just rotating too well on those screens
Old 06-19-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harden's foul draw move is hilarious.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Harden's foul draw move is hilarious.
and usually includes a painfully fake flail at the end
Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Thunder were still in Seattle, where they belong, I would be rooting for them to become a dynasty. But they aren't, so screw 'em. **** Clay Bennett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're not sure who wins that trade?! You're getting a 22 year old who averages 18-5-5 on his career and a top 5 draft pick in exchange for a mediocre small forward. If the Kings wanted Luol Deng they could just keep Tyreke Evans and a top 5 pick and draft a better, younger, more explosive and offensively sound Luol Deng in Harrison Barnes. **** that trade idea.
He averages that on a god awful side that generally plays better without him.

Evans has talent, sure, but he has some of the worst flaws.

That said, I rate defense and chemistry as just as important as talent, especially when you already have some talent on your team. The draft pick is the only reason I think it's a debatable trade, pick 5 seems awfully high just to get rid of a cancer that is still on his rookie contract.

Believe me... I've seen enough Evans' types come and go as a Magic fan, we've had Francis and Arenas over the past few years, selfish, cancerous chuckers that don't play defense generally don't help teams win games. That one has held true since I started following basketball.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote