Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-19-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far so good but with no contact it's hard to tell with Wilson. Hosley has made a few nice plays according to the coaches.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I trust Paul Dottino's word a lot when it comes to training camp and mini camps, he has more inside info than anybody when it comes to that, and he's covered this team for like 20+ years so he's seen it all.

So far he's saying the rookie he's the most impressed with is Rueben Randle. He's also not a huge Barden fan.

As for Jernigan, I'm just hoping he gives us a great punt/kick returner this year, as well as a solid slot option in case anything happens to Cruz. I'm not expecting much more.

I'm curious to see David Wilson, but it's hard to know what you have in running backs until they put on pads and play in the preseason.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really really don't like that we're going into the season with Beatty pencilled in as the starting LT. Now his back issues makes me even more nervous.

I hope Brewer can show us something at RT so we can squeeze another year out of Diehl at LT until we find our LT of the future.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Hopefully we have Suge on speed dial and he's keeping in shape. Just in case...
Old 06-24-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Tuck on Eli Manning's 'Top 100' ranking: 'That's a joke'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like our team, we got each other's backs, you see that even guys who are shown by media to be cancers like Osi back up and give the reality. He knows the Giants can't afford to put a lot of money in their DE specifically, and that he would take JPP and Tuck without question over himself. We got a good group of players and people on this team.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi is/was the furthest thing from a cancer. Media sucks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I really don't feel good about going into the season with Beatty as our starting LT.

I just don't think he's a starting caliber LT in this league. He's a backup swingman to me.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, on the other hand, am completely comfortable with him as the starting LT as long as he is healthy.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Why?

He was awful last year. Mediocre pass blocker who constantly screwed up his assignments on blitzes, struggled with power rushers, and can't run block to save his life.

I just don't see anything about him that makes me feel comfortable with him in the starting lineup.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've gone over this before, the change from Beatty to Diehl was negligible.

If we could get a signifcant upgrade I'd be all for it.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't think it was negligible. Yes the improvement in the run game was negligible bc our entire OL, particularly our Center (Baas sucks), was awful at run blocking, but we did see significant improvement in pass protection bc at least Diehl could figure out a blitz and pick up the right guy.

Beatty struggles identifying his assigment vs blitzes and stunts. He was just not a good player.

I think Diehl is much more reliable.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think Diehl is much better but I'm willing to give Beatty one more opportunity this year to really see what we have. You can add him to the sink or swim list along with Barden.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think it's worth giving Beatty one more chance and we have Diehl if we need him. Obviously the coaching staff sees something in Beatty or they wouldn't have kept penciling him in as the starter.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Who are our sink or swim players this year? Let's list em:

-Ramses Barden
-Clint Sintim
-Will Beatty
-Travis Beckum
-Greg Jones
-DJ Ware

I think Sintim is done. Beckum probably doesn't get re-signed regardless of how he plays this year, Jones will get cut, Ware will probably lose his job too.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Trattou doesn't show he can replace Tolly this year we definitely cut him and draft a DE round 1 or 2 next year.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Is this a make or break year for Herz? I love his story and hope he pans out, I really do, but I don't see how he's gonna be anything more than a glorified STer with a rod in his leg.

I just don't see how he can overcome that.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That list looks about right. Herz and Paysinger have shown enough so far where I wouldn't list them. They also both played specials pretty well. Ware is kind of older at this point and we know what he is but I wouldn't call him a sink or swim guy. Sintim sucks and is done. I loved the pick but it just didn't work out. I liked what I saw out of Trattou last year in preseason and even that first game against the Skins. I think he'll do fine replacing Tolly and hopefully getting 3 or 4 sacks this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Who are our sink or swim players this year? Let's list em:

-Ramses Barden
-Clint Sintim
-Will Beatty
-Travis Beckum
-Greg Jones
-DJ Ware

I think Sintim is done. Beckum probably doesn't get re-signed regardless of how he plays this year, Jones will get cut, Ware will probably lose his job too.

I agree with everyone but Jones.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our Oline should be fine. The biggest issue we had last year was a huge turnover and loss of continuity.

I remember when we overhauled the line in 2004 and the reaction to bringing in O'Hara and all the doom Sayers we had about Petitgout or when we moved Diehl to LT.

We lost a ton of experience last year with Seubert and O'Hara, brought in a new centre and left tackle all without an offseason to gel and adjust.
Don't forget Snee and Diehl played hurt last year.

Beatty was ok, he does have potential. I think losing the offseason really hurt his progression. I have confidence in the coaching staff and they felt that Beatty was a better option than Diehl. I'm willing to see how that plays out. If Beatty is healthy I think we will be fine. If not we have Diehl and Locklear who can step in plus some talented youngsters.

Let's wait until after training camp before we start to panic.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Snee and Baas are healthy this year we'll run the ball a lot better, regardless of who the tackles are. Baas will be settled in, Snee could be back to being a beast, and both Boothe and Petrus are good run blockers at LG, add Diehl on the right and not even Beatty at LT will guarantee that the line can't run block.

I'm still skeptical about our OL, and I was one of Beatty's biggest fans coming, but if guys can stay healthier, with an offseason and the understanding they started to develop last season, we should be better than we were last year. Especially with better backs running behind the OL.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Put it this way. We can't be worse than last year. Throw in Wilson who is more shift, losing Jacobs who lost a step plus a full offseason of the line together and there will definitely be at least a small improvement. I'm really pumped about this season and what we can do. Please no major injuries!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Put it this way. We can't be worse than last year. Throw in Wilson who is more shift, losing Jacobs who lost a step plus a full offseason of the line together and there will definitely be at least a small improvement. I'm really pumped about this season and what we can do. Please no major injuries!
Plus Bennett, Pascoe and Robinson are all good at blocking from the TE position and Hynoski, who made great strides last year, can pave the way.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I will say this:

I think this upcoming year we'll see the best Giants offense we've ever had during the Eli Manning era.

Does that correlate to another title? Probably not, bc it's SO hard winning a SB, let alone back to back, you need so many things to bounce your way, but I do feel confident that this will be our best offense in awhile.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We just need that reliable 3rd WR to step up whether it be Randle, Barden, Hixon, or Jernigan.

sig by BoneKrusher