Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TE Joel Dreessen
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I somehow found out Branon Carr's email address yesterday because of what I do at work. If he does something good against the Giants I will spam the crap out of him.
post that email address on Reddit or 4Chan's sports page if you want to get something done

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I somehow found out Branon Carr's email address yesterday because of what I do at work. If he does something good against the Giants I will spam the crap out of him.
Now I hope he gets burned for the game winning TDs so you can write him a polite thank you note.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Romeo Crennel, huge upgrade from whoever you had as a DC with Routt there.

Routt was a great #2 when Nnamdi was there, and he suffered as a #1. He won't be asked to be a #1 here, he will be the #2 to Flowers. He will be just fine. You'll see how a DB is really coached up.
Routt was a horrific #2...he was a horrifically horrific #1....

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Golden Tate been mentioned yet in this thread? There's a bit of buzz about him in Seahawk's circles lately, to the tune of "He might be starting opposite Sidney Rice this year." Doug Baldwin will still be in the slot, but don't be too surprised if Tate makes some noise this year.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Has Golden Tate been mentioned yet in this thread? There's a bit of buzz about him in Seahawk's circles lately, to the tune of "He might be starting opposite Sidney Rice this year." Doug Baldwin will still be in the slot, but don't be too surprised if Tate makes some noise this year.
They need to figure out that qb spot first. The rest of the team is SB caliber. Yes, Super Bowl caliber.

But they need to figure out qb.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
They need to figure out that qb spot first. The rest of the team is SB caliber. Yes, Super Bowl caliber.

But they need to figure out qb.
SB caliber is a bit much unless the solution to their QB problems is a top 5 guy. Rice, Tate and Baldwin isn't exactly elite, the OL, while good isn't great and the defense doesn't have the best pass rush. They're like the chiefs, a very good team with a crappy QB situation, but just a good guy, someone like Schaub or Ryan, wouldn't take them tot he superbowl, even though they could win a playoff game or two with just a solid QB.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 06-23-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

first off, LOLOLOLOL at the Raiders for hiring Chuck Bresnaham in the first place.

This Cincinnati defense can be very, very dangerous.
We have a lot of high picks invested there (not all ours) and it will hopefully pay off.
Newman, Jones, Hall, Clements, Nelson, Lawson, Allen, Kirkpatrick, Anderson, Harvey are all first rounders. (I dont expect all of them [Harvey] to make the final roster)
Dunlap, Mays, Maualuga, Still, Howard are 2nd rounders.
Thompson, Johnson and Sims are third rounders.
Peko and Atkins from the 4th round.

Atkins can solidify his rank as a top interior lineman this year. And I think he will.
Dunlap needs to step up and show he is a top pass rusher like his skill set shows flashes of.

The talent is there, but the question is will Zimmer get it all together this season.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
SB caliber is a bit much unless the solution to their QB problems is a top 5 guy. Rice, Tate and Baldwin isn't exactly elite, the OL, while good isn't great and the defense doesn't have the best pass rush. They're like the chiefs, a very good team with a crappy QB situation, but just a good guy, someone like Schaub or Ryan, wouldn't take them tot he superbowl, even though they could win a playoff game or two with just a solid QB.
I don't know how much you've watched the Seahawks, but you're underrating them. They're a team that's very strong across the board, with glaring exceptions (at least last year) at QB and pass rush. They have the best secondary in the NFL. Their linebackers are solid and athletic, and the D-line was great at stopping the run last year despite being poor at rushing the passer. This year that's going to change with the additions of Bruce Irvin and Jason Jones. The thing that people seemed to fail in realizing with the Bruce Irvin pick is that it's not simply that "he won't have to defend the run" as a way of blowing off perceived wekanesses in his game - it's that our run defense is already one of the better ones in the league, and he is literally just going to come in and rush the passer. A nickel D with Clemons on one side, Irvin on the other and Jones in the middle isn't one that O-lines aren't going to like facing, and that's something we didn't have last year. The front office did a good job there.

Our offensive line really came together at the end of last year... missing two of its best players. Okung is going to be back, and when he is, you can tell. He's been injured a lot, but if he puts together a healthy season he's a very solid left tackle. Marshawn's going to do his thing, and hopefully Turbin can keep him fresh. If Turbin shows he's good enough to take the load off of Marshawn earlier in games, he's going to be nasty in the fourth quarter.

But of course, there's quarterback. The front office has probably done enough to turn this from a 7-9 team to a 9-7 team even with Tarvaris Jackson, so if someone beats him out it's pretty easy to see this being a team that wins ten or more games, which is the kind of team you call a Super Bowl contender. Certainly not a "favorite," but a team that's surely in the mix.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 06-23-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't know how much you've watched the Seahawks, but you're underrating them. They're a team that's very strong across the board, with glaring exceptions (at least last year) at QB and pass rush. They have the best secondary in the NFL. Their linebackers are solid and athletic, and the D-line was great at stopping the run last year despite being poor at rushing the passer. This year that's going to change with the additions of Bruce Irvin and Jason Jones. The thing that people seemed to fail in realizing with the Bruce Irvin pick is that it's not simply that "he won't have to defend the run" as a way of blowing off perceived wekanesses in his game - it's that our run defense is already one of the better ones in the league, and he is literally just going to come in and rush the passer. A nickel D with Clemons on one side, Irvin on the other and Jones in the middle isn't one that O-lines aren't going to like facing, and that's something we didn't have last year. The front office did a good job there.

Our offensive line really came together at the end of last year... missing two of its best players. Okung is going to be back, and when he is, you can tell. He's been injured a lot, but if he puts together a healthy season he's a very solid left tackle. Marshawn's going to do his thing, and hopefully Turbin can keep him fresh. If Turbin shows he's good enough to take the load off of Marshawn earlier in games, he's going to be nasty in the fourth quarter.

But of course, there's quarterback. The front office has probably done enough to turn this from a 7-9 team to a 9-7 team even with Tarvaris Jackson, so if someone beats him out it's pretty easy to see this being a team that wins ten or more games, which is the kind of team you call a Super Bowl contender. Certainly not a "favorite," but a team that's surely in the mix.
You haven't contradicted me at all. I admitted that they were a very good team despite a very questionable QB situation. I said that SB caliber is a bit much, and I stand by it. I liked the Irvin pick and the Jones pick up, but they still have to show that they'll actually improve that pass rush before my criticism that it's "not the best" goes away. The receivers are still just good and not elite. And the OL still needs to play great to earn that title. Hell in other threads I've talked them up as being a team to look out for as NFC west champs with Flynn and their other additions, I just don't think they're quite SB caliber without an elite QB.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-23-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
You haven't contradicted me at all. I admitted that they were a very good team despite a very questionable QB situation. I said that SB caliber is a bit much, and I stand by it. I liked the Irvin pick and the Jones pick up, but they still have to show that they'll actually improve that pass rush before my criticism that it's "not the best" goes away. The receivers are still just good and not elite. And the OL still needs to play great to earn that title. Hell in other threads I've talked them up as being a team to look out for as NFC west champs with Flynn and their other additions, I just don't think they're quite SB caliber without an elite QB.
The other post had said, "The rest of the team is Super Bowl caliber" and you said "That's a bit much." I was saying that while it's true that we are lacking at the most critical position, the rest of the team is good enough to get to the Super Bowl: like you're saying - if a top-5, or really even a top-10 QB shows up in Seattle, that's a team you can't count out against anybody.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The other post had said, "The rest of the team is Super Bowl caliber" and you said "That's a bit much." I was saying that while it's true that we are lacking at the most critical position, the rest of the team is good enough to get to the Super Bowl: like you're saying - if a top-5, or really even a top-10 QB shows up in Seattle, that's a team you can't count out against anybody.
Fair enough. To me a team being SB caliber means they don't need an elite QB to win a SB, just a solid starter, because most teams would be SB caliber if you put Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Eli or Peyton under center. Teams like this years 9ers and Texans or Rex Grossman's bears, were teams that I'd call SB caliber outside of the QB. The Seahawks could win a SB with a top 10 QB if things go well, but that's not the same as being SB caliber outside of the QB since getting one of those elite or near elite QBS is such a *****, while getting a just competent starter is quite feasible.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-24-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR Donnie Avery.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread has rekindled my love for the word turd

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jaguars defense is another sleeper. They ranked very high this year and they improved in the offseason.

Ross was a great pickup, I love the de they drafted, they get Mathis back, dont sleep on their defense. Its going to be very good. Gabbert's awfulness will detract from it, but that defense should be good.