Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-25-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on Mathew Dumba?
Old 06-25-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
(Time to get all homerish)

Well...they could have drafted Rielly! Ha!
And Kulikov. I think Steve Shields punched Snow in the head one too many times.

I like Reinhart, too. Him and Pysyk were awesome for Edmonton.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
And Kulikov. I think Steve Shields punched Snow in the head one too many times.

I like Reinhart, too. Him and Pysyk were awesome for Edmonton.
Calvin De Haan... hahaha.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Thoughts on Mathew Dumba?
I really like him. He was my second ranked defenseman in the draft after Murray. He's solid or more than solid defensively in basically every aspect of the game and loves to deliver open ice hits. His skating is pretty good and he's really strong on his skates. He's probably only 180 lbs max and is able to toss guys around and destroy players up the middle. Pretty quick too. He's no slouch offensively either owning a pretty sick wrist shot for a defenseman and he's good moving the puck too. A lot of people have compared him to Dion Phaneuf and I would agree with that, but definitely more of the early Calgary Phaneuf while being a little better defensively.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phaneuf is who I always wanted to compare him to. You don't see it on paper with the size difference, but that is the best I would say. There was almost no chance he'd last past 8 but I had a prayer out that he'd drop in the defenseman shuffle. Probably my 3rd favorite defensive prospect from this year.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just realized that the Island drafted only defense with their 7 picks. They must have really wanted to find a stud for the blueline.
They also traded for Visnovsky.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks fellas. What both of you said was kind of what I had thought too, but there are some Wild fans who absolutely hate the pick for some reason. After Murray, he was my #2 D in this draft. Exactly what we needed, too. Perfect fit
Old 06-25-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Blackhawks trade for Luongo. Where do you guys think he'll end up? Toronto?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only the Wings fans here will care, but Jeff Blashill was named head coach of Detroit's AHL affiliate in Grand Rapids. Wings will get a new assistant coach again this offseason.

I hope they get a new coach with NHL experience. It's hard not to blame the Wings' terrible special teams at least partly on the fact that they hired two guys with no NHL coaching experience to replace MacLean and McCrimmon last summer.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Has anything been decided with Arniel yet? He was great as both an assistant coach and head guy in the A. I was excited at the Sharks rumors, but is he just going back to Vancouver's affiliate?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Has anything been decided with Arniel yet? He was great as both an assistant coach and head guy in the A. I was excited at the Sharks rumors, but is he just going back to Vancouver's affiliate?
He's going to coach Chicago in the AHL. I don't really want him on the Sharks staff so i'm ok with it.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I hope the Blackhawks trade for Luongo. Where do you guys think he'll end up? Toronto?
I hope not.

He has some sort of mental block against Chicago, and fans here seems to hate his ***** antics and cry baby ****.

If it weren't for Raffi Torres and the Sedin sisters, Luongo would be public enemy #1.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he returns to Florida.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Florida. Luongo controls the trade with his NTC.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Wonder what sort of interest there will be in Gragnani, who wasn't qualified by Vancouver. Eddie Shore Award winner last year who put up good numbers in the playoffs for us. He was never supposed to be a top guy, but his status/outlook sure has changed quite a bit over a year.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, looks like Adam Oates is going to be the new coach for the Caps. LOVED him as a player.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Happy Joe Sakic Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Yup, looks like Adam Oates is going to be the new coach for the Caps. LOVED him as a player.
Also going into the HOF. Good day for that guy.

Bure, too, which is nice to see.

And Sundin. Gross.

No Shanny, though.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
We need NHL brothers Power Rankings.

The Kostitsyns
The Staals
The Schenns
The Millers
The Koivus
The Sedins

Who else?
The Bures. Pavel was one of the most prolific scorers of his time and Valery married DJ from Full House.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Can't believe Brendan Shanahan isn't a first ballot hall of famer.

This year's inductees are Sakic, Oates, Bure and Sundin.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Coyotes GM just said Shane Doan will test free agency.

I know half the teams in the NHL would want him, but the thought of him coming to Detroit gets me excited. I envision a physically dominating line of Bertuzzi-Helm-Doan getting **** done next season.

Hope he's serious and leaves Phoenix.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Pens miss out on Parise, I'd love Doan in Pittsburgh. One of the most underrated players in the league. Love that guy.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Guys, you're not going to believe this, but I would love Doan on my team.

I don't know if he's really one of the most underrated at this point, but most would definitely want him.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

doan? sign me up, but i'm sure he hates the kings.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take him on the Sharks. But he's unnecessarily dirty and I hate that.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
We need NHL brothers Power Rankings.

The Kostitsyns
The Staals
The Schenns
The Millers
The Koivus
The Sedins

Who else?
Just for the hell of it...

Hossa