Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-24-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How was it?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was good, not great, but it's a pilot. I definitely don't get why people hated it so much. I will definitely be tuning in next week and for the rest of the season.

You haven't watched it yet GF?! I thought we were bros!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I thought it was good, not great, but it's a pilot. I definitely don't get why people hated it so much. I will definitely be tuning in next week and for the rest of the season.

You haven't watched it yet GF?! I thought we were bros!
I'm kind of loaded and the Mets/Yanks game was on plus I just had some family **** to deal with. Bad combination for Sunday night TV viewing but I'm going to give it a go soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-24-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm kind of loaded and the Mets/Yanks game was on plus I just had some family **** to deal with. Bad combination for Sunday night TV viewing but I'm going to give it a go soon.
I don't get why people hated it so much but maybe I'm just a fanboy.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* love The Wire. 8th viewing in procession.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't get why people hated it so much but maybe I'm just a fanboy.
I liked it myself. I think it rustles many jimmies. IE calling this generation the worst generation calling out the media. etc etc etc.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Newsroom was awesome. Fantastic pilot. Sorkin is a genius.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I liked it myself. I think it rustles many jimmies. IE calling this generation the worst generation calling out the media. etc etc etc.
What show was this?
Nvrmind, the Newsroom looks good, but I don't have HBO.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 06-25-2012 at 01:32 AM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Which is completely and utterly wrong, and just more of Sorkin's narcissistic complex telling him how great his generation is. Too bad the Baby Boomers are easily the worst.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For HIMYM, if anything, Robin doesn't get enough plot for a main character. Yes Ted is annoying, he screws up the same way so many times and always thinks the world is out to get him. Lily is annoying when she's being manipulative and passive-aggressive to get others to do what she wants. At least, they've ben cutting down on that lately.
Marshall and Barney are easily the best characters.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Checked out The Newsroom. The opening diatribe was pretty awesome, as was the end, but the middle was a bit boring. I will continue watching.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:24 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Checked out The Newsroom. The opening diatribe was pretty awesome, as was the end, but the middle was a bit boring. I will continue watching.
Pretty much my thoughts. After the opening I didn't care much for anything that went on until the BP story broke.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I sort of feel the same way but I was ok with it. It was the pilot so they were setting up the characters and the story going forward so I was fine with a little boring.

And Alison Pill is kind of a little cutie.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<3 Alison Pill. The Other Me, In Treatment, Milk, Scott Pilgrim.

Dev Patel also just has natural charisma.

Only caught half of the episode. Was pretty good, will have to check out the rest.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get the hate for The Newsroom, I thought the episode was pretty damn good. Despite it being a little over the top Sorkin at times I am looking forward to the rest of the season.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't catch it due to my traveling last night :-( Hoping to catch it on HBO Go tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watching Falling Skies? I enjoyed the first season and the premier. Missed yesterdays episode though :(
Not a bad summer series, imo

Nalej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Anyone watching Falling Skies? I enjoyed the first season and the premier. Missed yesterdays episode though :(
Not a bad summer series, imo
It's good for a summer series but it's kind of cheesy and over the top sometimes.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp, Newsroom went off the ******* rails quickly.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

What an unexpected response from Brody.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He's starting to come off like the people who criticize Dark Knight. Just hating to hate.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newsroom is ****. I mean, I haven't watched yet, but I plan on it.

HBO put the pilot on Youtube in its entirety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U4ZhFDFYvE
Old 06-25-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Newsroom is ****. I mean, I haven't watched yet, but I plan on it.

HBO put the pilot on Youtube in its entirety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U4ZhFDFYvE
Does not compute. Does not compute.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Dan Rather reviews the show here:

http://gawker.com/5920929/dan-rather...s-and-liked-it

Old 06-25-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really understand the hate for the newsroom either and im not a sorkin fanboy or anything like that. I thought it was a good pilot and daniels' opening diatribe was pretty spot on imo. Ill definitely continue watching this whole season unless it goes off the deep end completely. I could see how some of it may have been off-putting and it was a bit cheesy at times but all in all i thought it was interesting, had good dialogue (generally), has a good premise, and has the potential for some great character development.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote