Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-20-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just came up on Pandora. <3.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Sounds soooo much like a Black Keys song.
Reminds me more of Jack White. Also, I ******* love this song.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Every time that Bing commercial comes on, I think of EATW. :)

;)... Their album is the next one I'm guying (as well as Gary Clark Jr's). Every single one of the Lumineers songs I've heard are great, if it weren't for stores around me not having the album, I'd have it already.

Oh yeah, speaking of albums, Mumford and Sons finally has a release date for their next album, September 24th...

And speaking of Mumford and Sons (convenient I remember this now), they are playing their own Gentlemen of the Road festival thing in Bristol, Tennessee on August 11th, I'm pretty sure. They have Dawes, The Very Best, Justin Townes Earl, Jeff the Brotherhood, Apache Relay, Simone Felice and Haim, and some others, IIRC. If you live within reasonable driving distance, that is a show I wouldn't miss. My friend and I are seriously considering going, and its a ten hour drive for us.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Sounds soooo much like a Black Keys song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Reminds me more of Jack White. Also, I ******* love this song.
The guys singing voice is similar to Dan Auerbach in this song, but musically it reminds me more of Jack White/The White Stripes. Very cool song, I'm definitely going to be looking more into this guy.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Heard the last 15 seconds of this song on my music choice channel two nights ago had to look into them. I've only been able to find videos of these guys in bars playing for a handful of people, but these guys are sick. They are a two man (guitar and drums) blues/roots rock band that I can only describe as ************* badass. They are called 7Horse, and if it weren't for me having to step out to go to my job, I'd find at least one more of their videos and post it, but here is their song Low Fuel Drug Run...

Edit: Here's one of the others, but if you like these two songs, I'd suggest looking into more of their youtube videos and the rest of the album. Its got a real cool groove to it, while remaining real intense...

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 06-21-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I just found a video of Ben Howard playing Old Pine (also found a few other songs from the set) at Roo. Besides actually meeting them, this was the highlight of my Bonnaroo right here. I couldn't move and choked back tears the entire time, watching it again makes me tear up almost right away, honestly. IDK what it is, or why I feel such a connection with this song (and The Fear), but I rarely get emotional like I did watching this song live. Somewhere in that crowd is me, wearing a big floppy green hat, with a pair of aviators that probably weren't even covering up the tears that were falling down my face... And no, I wasn't on anything that would make me super emotional, lol.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this has been posted before, but it just came up on my playlist:

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Avett Bros just tweeted this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5qhnbhzp4...easer%20v5.mov

And the band that opened for Los Campesinos! was pretty cool to watch live. Theyre called Yellow Ostrich

TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
And speaking of Mumford and Sons (convenient I remember this now), they are playing their own Gentlemen of the Road festival thing in Bristol, Tennessee on August 11th, I'm pretty sure. They have Dawes, The Very Best, Justin Townes Earl, Jeff the Brotherhood, Apache Relay, Simone Felice and Haim, and some others, IIRC. If you live within reasonable driving distance, that is a show I wouldn't miss. My friend and I are seriously considering going, and its a ten hour drive for us.
Dude! Lets go!

Seriously! I've got Stubhub up right now and tickets are going for about $130, and I may just go no matter what!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:57 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Dude! Lets go!

Seriously! I've got Stubhub up right now and tickets are going for about $130, and I may just go no matter what!
Go to their website direct if you do, its only $75. I'm still not sure if my friend and I are going down to Tennessee for Mumford. We've decided that we're going to Firefly (**** yeah), and we're pretty certain we'll be able to see them much closer real soon. Granted, it won't be with the same group of people playing with them most likely, but I'm really not sure if we're going all the way down to Bristol yet.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

So this is my picture with from Bonnaroo with Ben Howard and India Bourne...

The shirt in this picture is nowhere close to white anymore thanks to all the dust, sweat, and sunblock I put on that day, and no bleach will ever get it back to white, lol

I was going to put a bunch of music videos after this, but I think I'll just make that a different post...

Old 06-25-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I know a few of you guys are fans of The Antlers, well, they're coming out with a new album July 24th, IIRC and this is the title track. Supposedly, they aren't doing a continuous storyline like in their previous albums, and they are coming out with a 4 song EP. I'm real excited to see how it comes out. This is the first track I've been able to find off the new EP, "Undersea".

This next song is from a band that I didn't get to see at Bonnaroo, but I should be able to see at Firefly, they are called Blind Pilot and they have a few real cool songs...

This is a band that I will be looking into more of, this is the only song of theirs that I've heard as of making this post, but there's something about them that REALLY makes me want to find more. They are playing a free show in Philly that I'll probably be going to, as well as watching them when I'm at the Firefly festival. Most of you have probably heard this song (or will at least find something familiar about parts of it), but I really like this song a lot.

This next song was one of my favorite moments at Bonnaroo. Electric Guest was a later add to the Roo lineup that I was real pumped about. This song is long, but its an absolutely great song that was real cool to see live. They've got a few other real good songs as well that I'd recommend listening to.

This next one is another one of my favorite moments of Bonnaroo. Sam Bush and his band came out, told us to prepare for a ride on the bluegrass train, and put on a hell of a show, this was one of the songs that they played that I really liked. Sam Bush is one of the most talented Mandolin players alive, and it really shows in this song. You can catch glimpses of me in the crowd, I was right near the front, but you never get a good look.

There's a bunch of other songs that I have been thinking about putting up that I can't think of right now, so those will probably come later, lol.

Edit: This is one of Moon Taxi's song, "Mercury", their show was one of my absolute favorites at Roo, and I would strongly suggest looking into these guys if you are looking for something "different". I find it difficult to put them in any one genre. Really cool band, give them a listen, they're playing at Firefly and they are one of the bands I'm looking forward to most now that I know who they are.

had to add another one of their songs...

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 06-25-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Literally just found this song and this band. Listen to them and thank me later. My personaly favorite new find since The Lumineers...

Old 06-25-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enough folk and indie, it's time for new Circa Survive!

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't stop listening to this album now

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Old 06-26-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Go to their website direct if you do, its only $75. I'm still not sure if my friend and I are going down to Tennessee for Mumford. We've decided that we're going to Firefly (**** yeah), and we're pretty certain we'll be able to see them much closer real soon. Granted, it won't be with the same group of people playing with them most likely, but I'm really not sure if we're going all the way down to Bristol yet.
They're sold out on their site. :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

What the butt!? I mean, I'm not surprised, but damn. If they're that expensive, looks like that probably completely out of the equation for me then. I'm sure I'll be able to see them sometime later that'll be closer, but if I were in your shoes I'd probably still be going, lol. Don't miss Dawes, either. They're a band I always intend on putting up on here, but always forget for some reason. And Nathaniel Rateliff is with them too, I think. Ben Howard recommended him and its a hell of a recommendation.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Enough folk and indie, it's time for new Circa Survive!

I'd say Circa Survive is at least a little bit Indie, lol.

Anthony Green has a hell of a voice, I've seen him pop up with a bunch of different artists and the guy could sing anything he wants. Such a range and at a unique tone... I don't really like this as much as some of their earlier stuff, but still a solid song that if I listen to it more (I probably will, lol), I'll come to like it more.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Writing that other post has me to the point where I may as well post a few videos while I'm thinking about it. I was already listening to this song when I logged on here, so I don't even have to go anywhere for this one...

Funny story about Dawes, not only are they ******* amazing, but when they came through my area a few years ago, my friend who I play with opened for them. It was before they got as big as they are now, and I'm sure they'll get even bigger as time goes on, but I thought that was sick. This video is from Roo and it really makes me wish I would've been able to catch this set, but I missed it because Rodrigo y Gabriela and Foster the People were playing at the same time.

For whatever reason I can't embed this video, but here's the link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdJ2I16BmkQ

I guess that's it for now, though I might be posting a few more Admiral Fallow songs soon. I REALLY like that band.