Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 06-26-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but that would require me to know that

1. There would be a scavenger
2. That the scavenger would find a piano

It doesn't add up.

As opposed to BB who

Jumped on the TBW train. Voted for Wooty calling him evil after it was proven that he was good. BB isn't that dumb grizz and I'm not that smart.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SP please read grizz's post and use your head.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Yeah but that would require me to know that

1. There would be a scavenger
2. That the scavenger would find a piano

It doesn't add up.

As opposed to BB who

Jumped on the TBW train. Voted for Wooty calling him evil after it was proven that he was good. BB isn't that dumb grizz and I'm not that smart.
I was trying to piss wooty off to get him to play better. I knew he wasn't going to be lynched that day regardless of what did. He hamstrings his own side with his antics. I made that quite clear even though I doubt he'll ever change.

I've gone out on too many limbs in this game, risking myself way too much to have it all be part of some evil ploy.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vote: broth

I'm just getting on my lunch, how could I have done a night action?
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final Vote Count:

Broth (4) - Killswitch, Grizz, BeerBaron, Rufus
BeerBaron (2) - SuperPacker, broth

With 6 players left, 4 are needed for a majority

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The town surrounds broth. “I’m not the Godfather! I’m just here to play music and entertain!”. They snatch a piano wire from his piano and slit his throat with it. He clutches at his bleeding throat as he dies

Don Music (Lyricist) is dead

Send all night actions to Shane ASAP! Let’s get done!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

As the morning opens, the town rejoices! Lying dead in the street is the cutest monster you have ever seen. Zoe is lying dead with a bullet through her skull in her patented tutu. She is holding a knife in her hand.

RufusMcDaniel – Zoe Monster (Framer) – has been killed

Unfortunately, near Zoe’s body is the body of poor Mr. Hooper. He tried his best, but Zoe stabbed him to death.

SuperPacker – Mr. Hooper (1X Gifter) – has been killed

With 3 players remaining, 2 are needed for a majority

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote:Killxswitch

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HA! I'm deciding between Grizz and killswitch as the winner basically. Lovely. Well, petition me guys, why do you deserve to win?
Old 06-26-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because I'm a serial killer and serial killers totally deserve to win :-)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-26-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Oh yeah, and my result showed Grizz as evil. So.

Grizz - SK - should he win?

Killswitch - Godfather - Or him?

Hmmmmm..............
Old 06-26-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

killswitch DID just get a solo victory in the Elder Scrolls game...but so did grizz....man, tough call....
Old 06-26-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

kill isn't even around, just finish him :-)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-26-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

The mafia in this game...Gonzo, Forenci, CMD, Rufus, Killswitch...hmmm.

I do enjoy seeing Gonzo lose. And CMD did give me a hell of a time the other day. Ass.

And 3rd party victories are always fun....hmm...
Old 06-26-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'm in a kingmaker scenario....didn't expect that to happen today. I think both parties left me alive because they thought I'd hand over the victory.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I'm in a kingmaker scenario....didn't expect that to happen today. I think both parties left me alive because they thought I'd hand over the victory.
I had to kill the mafioso to get into this 1 v 1 v 1 scenario, I know you'll make the right choice!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-26-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Dammit killswitch, you were supposed to be around to pander to me. You're making this less fun.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Because of Gonzo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbaron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Viddy framed night 2, screwed BB up for the rest of the game. BB, you should reward the side that was responsible for turning the town against itself.
Oh yeah, **** that. You guys DEFINITELY aren't winning. You put me through some serious psychological trauma. **** the mafia.
Vote: Killswitch

Congrats Grizz. You earned it.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The three members have a showdown, Big Bird watches on as the others fight it out. He knows he is hopeless and that he has to take a stab in the dark. The bird closes his eyes, grabs Zoe’s knifes, and tosses it. As he peeks out from behind his hand, he sees he has stabbed and killed Elmo.

Elmo (Godfather) – Has been lynched

Big Bird takes a big gulp and stares his enemy in the face. With a menacing smile, the man in front of him holds up a sniper rifle and fires once, killing the bird on impact.

BeerBaron – Big Bird (Investigator) – Is Killed

The last man remaining fixes his sweated and smiles as he sees the blood and guts around him.

Grizz (Mr. Rogers) wins!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Actions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Ep0M 1E#gid=0

Roles

My thoughts:

First, the bad:
I think there may have been some cheating in the game. I have no evidence, and I won’t discuss it further publically or privately. But lots of stuff I can’t wrap my head around happened, that being said, I think it worked out. If you cheated and know it, shame on you. I likely won’t be modding anymore mafia games, only playing. Once again, won’t talk about this further. I am just moving on.

Add on people stating specifically their win condition (really guys?) that I had to continuously delete. I appreciate TBW asking me first and not doing that. I’m sorry TBW if that is what got you killed.

Stuff I messed up
I’m not the best at running these. Votecounts aside (sorry,) I sent IBC the wrong results once, gave him investigative results on vidae + tracking results. He brought it up, not sure how much it affected.
The game D-Unit ran was obviously a misstep by me. I sent IBC 5 pictures of muppets to identify, he did it easily. I tried to get creative and guess I made it wayyy too easy :P He got a free investigation out of it but died anyway, so it didn’t matter much.
I tried to balance character naming with roles, etc. It is difficult to do as a whole. I apologize to D, Woot, and whoever that made it hard on.

The Good
I thought the concept worked really well as a small, fun game. There was some crazy stuff, but I still stuck to general basics for most of the game. It is was really fun seeing people investigate their characters, try to reconcile the characters with roles, etc. I like it when it is in private and people are using their own resources to do it.

Seeing the battles that happen at night is pretty awesome. Vidae getting framed, I thought that was a shoe-in for the Mafia to win. The town held it off, but it always stuck around and may have been the nail in the coffin for the town.

BeerBaron, I didn’t edit any PMs, I can’t do that, lol. You sent me Cigaro.

Balance
I think the game was balanced, and if anything, it tipped towards the town.

Bad/Neutral:
Godfather
Ninja (can’t be tracked/watched)
Roleblocker
Framer
Back-up
Serial Killer

Good:
2 Investigators
50% Thief (Trash Collector Miller)
Tracker
Watcher
2 Pairs of Masons (1 twins, 1 required to find the other)
Doctor
1 shot gifter (gifted unblockable track)
1 shot vigilante
1 shot Gamer (Game show host, led to 1 time investigation)
1 time roleblocker (with secret poison ability)

Add on that the mafia and SK targeted the same person Night 1 AND Night 2, there was a good shot. Vidae poisoning a fellow townie hurt, and obviously the frame job hurt.

Where the Mafia went wrong
Still don’t know why they didn’t kill Woot Night 1. Showed he was an important enough character, but maybe in the long run it worked out for them. Other than that, it was a pretty brilliant game played by most of them. Stayed low for the most part, took different sides a lot of times and didn’t interfere when goodies when after each other.
Some “lucky” hits if you want to call them that was framing vidae Night 2, and blocking SBH Night 3 (to let Grizz make his kill).

Where the Town went wrong
Just my thoughts, but Woot really splintered the town. Not sure why he went so hard after Forenci, but had he said “I was motivated and got “this” from his trash,” or “I had a 1 time investigation too and found he was evil, TBW gave it to me.” I think the town would have won.
After the role claiming started, I thought the town was going to clean up the mafia. But, there continued being infighting between Woot and others, BB/vidae issue, etc that made people not just clear out those that hadn’t role claimed.
Likewise, I think sbh just needed to know more of what was going on. I was surprised he decided to try and protect IBC Night 4. I know he was roleblocked, but at least trying to save Bulldogs would have given him a much better alibi.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grizz better get a Mr. Rogers title...
Old 06-26-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Sorry Shane for the PM editing accusation...my brain just wasn't working that morning I guess.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Wooty was the MVP for the Mafia. He completely messed us up and for no good reason. Meh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well ****, I am happy Mr. Rogers won.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still proud of myself and of Rufus.

Question: if we had targeted Grizz, who wins that one? It would've been Rufus killing Grizz and Grizz killing Rufus.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote