Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-27-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
How's the Dawnguard DLC? Can't wait to get home next week and play it. For now, Morrowind will suffice. I'm level 27 now.
Well...I don't know. Turns out, the sexy vampire lady will follow you until you lead her home, so I'm in the middle of the Labyrinthian right now...

I regret nothing.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to get the Dawnguard DLC, I just started playing again after a long hiatus and finally finished the main quest line. It seems like dragons are easy as **** once you finish off the world consumer.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Revered and Legendary dragons will fix that.

Also, turns out my vampire lady isn't with me, so I guess she got left outside. :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Is there no Skyrim mods uninstaller? I thought Morrowind and Oblivion both had one for situations like this.
Well, I already cleared all the mods I had by just trashing my whole Skyrim folder and reinstalling. The issues remained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
I need to get the Dawnguard DLC, I just started playing again after a long hiatus and finally finished the main quest line. It seems like dragons are easy as **** once you finish off the world consumer.
Even he seemed far too easy...far cry from some of the old end game bosses. I didn't even really take all that much damage...just sat back and flung arrows like I do at every dragon and he was dead. Disappointing....nothing like the old end game bosses. Anyone who has beaten Almalexia just moments after going toe-to-toe with the 2nd hardest boss in the game (the Imperfect) knows. Oh and Hircine, Karstaag and all those ******* werewolves...damn that was brutal. Hope you had a **** ton of healing ability.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Is there no Skyrim mods uninstaller? I thought Morrowind and Oblivion both had one for situations like this.
There is as long as you used the Nexus Mod Manager.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Alduin was definitely a *****. Only difficulty I had with him was not knowing you had to use Dragonrend the first time I faced him or else he was invincible. I elected to use the storm shout instead figuring I could just take him out with arrows and lightning. A lot of buildup for a disappointing boss battle.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What difficulty setting are you guys playing on?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.6 patch still not out for ps3, have to wait a month for dawnguard....

I'm playing FF Tactics in the meantime.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From "Honest Video Game Titles:"

Old 06-27-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breezehome is the only house that i have purchased, besides the dark brotherhood "lair".

is there one in Solitude, too?

Which house is the best?
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Breezehome is the only house that i have purchased, besides the dark brotherhood "lair".

Which house is the best?
I personally liked th one in Windhelm
Old 06-27-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Perhaps its already common knowledge to Skyrim players, but I've never fought that troll, instead of going down the path and just running for it, you can sneak around the left edge and he'll never notice you.

I don't think spoilers are necessary at this point, are they?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post

Which house is the best?
You can buy houses in Solitude, Riften, Windhelm and Markath in addition to Breezehome. Proudspire Manor in Solitude is my favorite, basically a three story "mansion".

But again, its just for show, Breezehome is where I stay.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Perhaps its already common knowledge to Skyrim players, but I've never fought that troll, instead of going down the path and just running for it, you can sneak around the left edge and he'll never notice you.

I don't think spoilers are necessary at this point, are they?
I just didn't want to ruin it for anyone that hasn't played. not that its much of a spoiler anyway. Wish i'd have known that I couldve just walked around him lol wouldve saved a lot of time.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

First time I beat that troll I ran from it until I got back to a hunter who was praying at a shrine a little ways down the mountain. Let her take the beating while I pumped the troll full of arrows. After she died, I used a scroll of summoning a Flame Atronoch who distracted it while I shot it some more. Then after the FA died, I charged it, chugged health potions and eventually killed it. Bastard.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my first playthrough I died trying to kill the troll. I got a follower and still died. So then I just climbed up on some rocks and shot him with arrows. For whatever reason he couldn't follow so he just danced around all mad while I pincushioned him. It took a serious number of arrows but he finally died.

My 2nd playthrough I was more of a leveled mage and kicked the crap out of him with fire.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-28-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Thats how I kill giants and mammoths, I just get them to chase me, find a cliff side I can jump up to where they can't hit me and pump them full of arrows. It just sucks when I think I'm high enough to where they can't hit me and I end up flying into oblivion.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm in the Febreeze home crew too. There's a forge and upgrade equipment right next door, along with a combat merchant in Adrianne, and another combat merchant is across the street with the fletcher, so it's the most convenient from that standpoint. Plus, since it's the first home I get with all my characters, I have an organizational layout of it.

-Ore and other misc. in the first cupboard on the left as you walk in.
-Potions and ingredients in the cupboard that's right before the alchemy room.
-Unenchanted weapons and armor in the chest above the book case in the alchemy room.
-Jewelry in the cupboard to the right at the top of the stairs.
-Soul gems and jewels in the dresser right to the left as you walk into the bedroom.
-Enchanted and important weapons in the chest.
-And robes, clothing, and uniforms in the small bedside dresser.

Each home has a neatness factor. Proudspire is the biggest. Hjerim has the armory. Honeyside has the outside entrance dock and garden. Vlindrel, I think, is underrated and is pretty neat. Jordis the Sword-Maiden is really the only Housecarl I roll with, though.

Also, speaking of trolls, I ran into my first armored one just now. Pretty tough, but I was in Vampire Lord mode and had sexy vampire lady following me.

And speaking of Serana, she has amazing AI. Every time I look, she has reanimated someone. It's like boom, I kill them, and whoosh, she brings them back to be on our side.

Oh, and the Vampiric Grip is OP. It's basically like a directional Unrelenting Force. I just killed a named Dawnguard NPC and another Dawnguard enemy just by throwing them off a ledge. That should have been a relatively difficult battle since Dawnguard armor resists a vampire's magic and their weapons deal out more damage to vampires, but nope. NBD, off the ledge you go.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Sounds like fun to me TH...I gave up on getting Skyrim to work last night. Maybe in a few years when it comes time for another new computer (this one is barely a year old) I'll be able to play it again.

Regardless, I started up Morrowind last night with the Graphics Extender for the first time ever. So pretty. And playing a game that runs smoothly for me is soooooooo nice after my recent bout with Skyrim...
Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Surely to goodness a year old computer can play a vanilla version of Skyrim.

Do you know anyone personally who is good with computers who can look at your computer, or maybe get someone at your work's IT department to have a look at it?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:46 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Surely to goodness a year old computer can play a vanilla version of Skyrim.

Do you know anyone personally who is good with computers who can look at your computer, or maybe get someone at your work's IT department to have a look at it?
It played it just fine back in January. Took a few months off, installed some mods and tried replaying it last week...no dice. Sluggish as all hell with this bizarre lighting "corrupted square" issue.

Updated my graphics driver to get rid of that issue, but the sluggishness remained. Cleared all the local data and reinstalled the game completely vanilla....no changes. Still just horribly sluggish. Borderline unplayable.

I used to play on Medium graphic settings and things were fine, at least for 2-3 hours before it would get hot and I'd have to quit for a bit.

Now, even with EVERYTHING set to as low as possible, the game just crawls. Nothing changed about my computer since then...Skyrim was the last game I installed on it. I've killed every background process that I possibly can through task manager before playing...still nothing.

It had to be something in one of the Bethesda updates that did it. Maybe that HD Graphics thing Cain talked about, but I couldn't find it to uninstall just that.

Maybe, just maybe, if I turned off the automatic update settings and reinstalled again so none of the updates occur, I could play again. But at this point, I've already wasted so much time on it that I just don't care anymore.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It played it just fine back in January. Took a few months off, installed some mods and tried replaying it last week...no dice. Sluggish as all hell with this bizarre lighting "corrupted square" issue.

Updated my graphics driver to get rid of that issue, but the sluggishness remained. Cleared all the local data and reinstalled the game completely vanilla....no changes. Still just horribly sluggish. Borderline unplayable.

I used to play on Medium graphic settings and things were fine, at least for 2-3 hours before it would get hot and I'd have to quit for a bit.

Now, even with EVERYTHING set to as low as possible, the game just crawls. Nothing changed about my computer since then...Skyrim was the last game I installed on it. I've killed every background process that I possibly can through task manager before playing...still nothing.

It had to be something in one of the Bethesda updates that did it. Maybe that HD Graphics thing Cain talked about, but I couldn't find it to uninstall just that.

Maybe, just maybe, if I turned off the automatic update settings and reinstalled again so none of the updates occur, I could play again. But at this point, I've already wasted so much time on it that I just don't care anymore.
Yeah, I'm no computer wiz, but I'd say try deleting the game and then reinstalling it couldn't hurt (provided you're not attached to your characters). If worse comes to worst, you could always System Restore to before you downloaded everything. You may have gotten a virus, and it's just not one that appears in the background process.

If you do SR it, it's best to do it now rather than later.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

See that is the kind of thing I would get obsessive about and wouldn't stop troubleshooting til I fixed it. If your PC ran it once it can run it again. There has to be something left over from one or more of the mods. Some mods may not store every single file in the Skyrim folder.

Also, when you uninstalled your video driver did you use one of those uninstaller tools that clears out every trace of the driver, or did you just use Add/Remove Programs within Windows?

Also, have you changed anything about your sound card/drivers? Sound-related problems happened to me when I was gaming more than I would've expected.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-28-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I didn't use a tool for the video driver, but when I installed the updated version, the problem with the lighting I was having did go away. So I know that worked for what it was supposed to do.

Also, I manually installed each mod I got. None of them could have installed elsewhere because I put them all straight into the Skyrim folder. When I cleared the local data, I made a copy of that folder just in case then deleted the entire Skyrim folder before reinstalling.

The game is completely vanilla other than the official updates. I'm thinking that if I uninstall/reinstall again, then set Steam so that it doesn't automatically update, I can play the game with no updates. But then it's unlikely that I could get any mods since the mods generally require the latest version of the game to work properly...

There's just no good way out of this. Also, no major changes to my computer other than the graphic driver change.

I've given up for now. Same thing happened with Oblivion when my uber gaming PC (literally) caught fire and I had to downgrade to a Wal-Mart laptop for a few years. Didn't get to play that all until I got my current computer.

Sucks but, I'll live.