Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-26-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is why we don't talk anymore Kal

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Yeah, I was hoping for a print journalism show. I want a Mad Men style show with journalists instead of ad men.

Actually, I think that shall be my goal in life — to write one.
Doesn't that show already exist on the BBC?

*(I've never seen it) but yes it does. It's called The Hour and it stars Jimmy McNulty.

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-26-2012 at 09:29 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Doesn't that show already exist on the BBC?

*(I've never seen it) but yes it does. It's called The Hour and it stars Jimmy McNulty.
The Hour is awesome. I was raving about it back when Season 1 was introduced on BBC America.

But that show, like The Newsroom, is on TV journalism. A show set in the heyday of print journalism could be great.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Write me in a small role as a beat writer. Think of all the Tortorella-esque moments of greatness you could incorporate.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a journalism degree.

Xio, you might like an Australian show called Frontline. It is a parody of TV jouralism and is pretty awesome.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it as good as NeighboUrs?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Is it as good as NeighboUrs?
Contrary to your uninformed opinion vidae, there are actually some good shows (and movies) made in Australia!

Old 06-26-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
this is why we don't talk anymore Kal
It's mostly because I don't go on IRC anymore :(
Old 06-26-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Contrary to your uninformed opinion vidae, there are actually some good shows (and movies) made in Australia!
Prove it jerkbag! At least on the TV front.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Prove it jerkbag! At least on the TV front.
- Frontline is a cool news parody show
- Underbelly is a retelling of the 1990's-2000's gang warfare that happened in Melbourne.
- There have also been three prequel series A Tale of Two Cities, The Golden Mile, and my favourite, Razor which is about the gangs that operated during the 1920's in Sydney.
- Summer Heights High is awesomeness
- The Chaser's War on Everything is a political satire show which ran for 3-4 years and is hilarious.
- Wilfred
- Hamish and Andy's various shows are awesome.
- I really liked Slide, which is kind of like an Aussie version of Skins

Old 06-27-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
- Frontline is a cool news parody show
- Underbelly is a retelling of the 1990's-2000's gang warfare that happened in Melbourne.
- There have also been three prequel series A Tale of Two Cities, The Golden Mile, and my favourite, Razor which is about the gangs that operated during the 1920's in Sydney.
- Summer Heights High is awesomeness
- The Chaser's War on Everything is a political satire show which ran for 3-4 years and is hilarious.
- Wilfred
- Hamish and Andy's various shows are awesome.
- I really liked Slide, which is kind of like an Aussie version of Skins
So...............

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

He is a radio personality Brody

Old 06-27-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure he is Caddy, sure he is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have a journalism degree.

Xio, you might like an Australian show called Frontline. It is a parody of TV jouralism and is pretty awesome.
I'll see if I can find it online.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'll see if I can find it online.
It's from the pre-torrenting times so it might be tough unfortunately. Good luck!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:42 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it this? http://www.icefilms.info/tv/series/4/3462

They only have 2 episodes though.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:06 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Is it this? http://www.icefilms.info/tv/series/4/3462

They only have 2 episodes though.
I don't believe that is it.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

SORKIN!

Old 06-28-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Boom, Damon Lindelof landed a show on HBO:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...lands-hbo-show

Not many details yet, but we've been waiting too long.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just realized that was Jesse Eisenberg in The Newsroom playing the young guys from the MMS.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Boom, Damon Lindelof landed a show on HBO:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...lands-hbo-show

Not many details yet, but we've been waiting too long.
I can't wait.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I watched the pilot of "The Newsroom" today.

It was exactly what I expected it to be. Entertaining, yes. Well-acted and with good production value, sure. Sorkin-esque and preachy, absolutely. With some really annoying flaws, you betcha.

I'd likely continue to watch a few more episodes, but I don't get HBO and won't seek it out elsewhere. Happy brainwashing!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got into Futurama. I've seen episodes here and there but I've never really committed to it. I'm on the season 2 episode 2 and I have noticed two things.

1. This is a very good show
2. Family Guy steals a lot of ideas from this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Futurama was awesome the first 4 or so times I saw each episodes, but I'm so sick of it now. I mean I suppose I can't really ask for more, since that's more than I get from most shows, but I really hate how it's on Comedy Central like 6 times a day now.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Futurama was awesome the first 4 or so times I saw each episodes, but I'm so sick of it now. I mean I suppose I can't really ask for more, since that's more than I get from most shows, but I really hate how it's on Comedy Central like 6 times a day now.
"bite my shiny metal ass."

EDIT: just kidding, I never get sick of that show :\

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote