Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-26-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see it looks like y'all had fun down at B-Roo. It truly is a magical place.

The Black Keys- My Mind Is Ramblin'

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Glad to see it looks like y'all had fun down at B-Roo. It truly is a magical place.

The Black Keys- My Mind Is Ramblin'
That bolded part really is true. Its something I can't even begin to put into words, but its just amazing down there. 4 of the best days of my life. I'm going to Firefly Festival in a month, where I'll be able to see The Black Keys (and about 30 other bands I really want to see), which I'm pumped about. I was saying to my friends the other day how the Black Keys were kinda the start to my diving into the music that I really like now. Its a strange route to get there, lol, but who cares, lol.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
That bolded part really is true. Its something I can't even begin to put into words, but its just amazing down there. 4 of the best days of my life. I'm going to Firefly Festival in a month, where I'll be able to see The Black Keys (and about 30 other bands I really want to see), which I'm pumped about. I was saying to my friends the other day how the Black Keys were kinda the start to my diving into the music that I really like now. Its a strange route to get there, lol, but who cares, lol.
if you see four asian guys at firefly, one will be me!
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'm going to go to Friday and Sunday of Lollapalooza this year instead of Roo. I know its a much different type of festival but I'm hoping its going to be just as crazy. On Sunday alone I will be seeing ATDI, Sigur Ros, and Jack White btbtb. Gonna be sweet

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-26-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
if you see four asian guys at firefly, one will be me!
Well its probably going to just be me and the same guy I went to Roo with. But if you hear from a bunch of asians about them being asked if they are "the falconer" by some red-bearded white guy, know that it was me who probably confused the **** out of them, lol.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Yea I'm going to go to Friday and Sunday of Lollapalooza this year instead of Roo. I know its a much different type of festival but I'm hoping its going to be just as crazy. On Sunday alone I will be seeing ATDI, Sigur Ros, and Jack White btbtb. Gonna be sweet
I thinkI remember seeing the Lollapalooza lineup a while ago and it looked real good, but I'm sure it'll be great. I talked to a bunch of people from the Chicago area who go to Lollapalooza every year and they really like it. They did say it is small in comparison to Roo, but the music is great and its a great big party.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

new avett brothers song!

http://www.npr.org/2012/06/26/155705...nd-mo#playlist

scroll to the bottom to find it. its grand
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
new avett brothers song!

http://www.npr.org/2012/06/26/155705...nd-mo#playlist

scroll to the bottom to find it. its grand
Indeed it is, also, the Antlers other song off of that EP is further down that page if anyone feels like killing two birds with one stone. Actually, I'm probably going to spend quite a bit of time on this page. I'm interested in hearing that song by Grizzly Bear and a few others, thanks for the link Tim. You figure out if you're going to Firefly yet? (I think you were saying something about maybe going?)

Also, APS, I finally meandered my way to finding the Arkells, and so far after hearing two of their songs, I can definitely see why you are such a big fan. I'll be looking more into them tonight for sure, as well as this link here.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

You know how yesterday I was saying I was sure that there would be Mumford shows announced closer to where I live? I wake up this morning go to work, log onto FB and one of the first posts I see is Mumford's announcement of August shows, and there's one in Hoboken, NJ on August 1st. I haven't been able to see who-if anyone will be playing with them, but tickets are $55 bucks, for anyone else who might be interested in going.

So **** yeah, pretty much...

Old 06-27-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

For reason unbeknownst I have been listening to Youth and Young Manhood by Kings of Leon for much of the day. Its a damn shame what theyve become but that is an awesome album.

Mumford will be in Cbus Aug 14 n MMJ plays two days before them at same venue. Couple that with lolla a few weeks beforehand and you got yourself one hell of an early August.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

top 10 song ever. yeah, I said it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been listening to them a lot lately what an awesome band

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I was Pandora'd to a Lumineers song I never heard yesterday, The Gun Song, and I figured I'd share it since people seem to like them here. So I come on this page and there are two Lumineers' videos up already, haha. Like every other one of their songs I've heard, it is incredible...

Once I see Mumford in August, I'll have seen every conceivable person (basically) that I would've wanted to see live this summer, except The Lumineers, hopefully that'll be able to happen, lol.

Edit: Just found another song of theirs I hadn't heard, and this song is dynamic. Holy **** these guys are awesome....

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 06-28-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will also be at the Mumford show in Hoboken. I can't wait
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Literally just found this song and this band. Listen to them and thank me later. My personaly favorite new find since The Lumineers...

I picked them up from this post, this one of my favorites from them;

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I picked them up from this post, this one of my favorites from them;

I do like this song a whole lot, the keyboardist/clarinet player actually makes me want to listen to a clarinet, lol. In this song and Squealing Pigs, the clarinet sounds like I want a clarinet to sound, if that makes any sense. The more I find of this band, the more impressed I become. All they're songs are great musically, some of them have a very interesting and dynamic progression, the lyrics are great all the way through, as well as the vocals both by the lead and during the harmonies which are two and sometimes three parts. I'm glad I found this band, and that someone else is able to enjoy them.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so wierd
Old 06-30-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So goddamn awesome

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post

So goddamn awesome
I'm going to their free show in Philly in a few weeks. It'll be the second time I've seen them and I am so ******* pumped.

I saw The Head and the Heart in Hershey for the second time this summer and they were absolutely amazing. They finished with Rivers and Roads, and it is the absolute best I've ever heard that song. Charity's voice is really becoming so much better than what it is even in their album. I really hope video of that song last night gets online so people can see it. My friend and I were saying how its going to be great watching them progess as a band, since we've been able to follow them pretty much from the start, they are one of the bands that we are pretty much going to grow up with. They've already progressed so much in such a short amount of time, and they are all becoming better musicians, better musically and vocally especially. I can't wait until their new album comes out, its definitely going to be a surprise.

The Head and the Heart was actually opening for The Dave Matthews Band, and I know they aren't exactly highly thought of here, but they put on a great show. Dave Matthews is surrounded by some of the best musicians on this planet, and that cannot be denied. They all work so well together and are so talented, its hard not to enjoy one of their shows. I went in not being a big DMB fan, but let me tell you, there is a reason why they are one of the biggest names in music, and its not just that they have a bunch of crazy fans. Carter Baeuford is one of the best drummers in the world, hands down, just watching that guy play is something amazing, and he NEVER stops smiling. Seeing someone that happy with what they are doing, who is as good at what he does, as he is, is a privelege.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

the head and the heart are great. i'm getting my friend who's coming with me to firefly more exposure to the bands performing and he fell in love with them too at first listen. cannot friggin wait till firefly.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Anybody else hear Mumford's version of Paul Simon's (Garfunkel can **** off) "The Boxer". Really interesting cover, Paul Simon is one of the older musicians that I really want to see in the next few years, one of my favorite musicians from that era, and Mumford as one of my favorite groups from this area. Its a combination that is really interesting. Plus its a great ******* song and hearing Mumford play it, you know its going to be great...

Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moar NewVillager!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote