Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-29-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Travis Moen resigns with the Habs.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Travis Moen resigns with the Habs.
Ken Holland won't be happy. He was a likely Red Wings target.

EDIT: Moen reportedly got 4 years, 1.85 million per

Last edited by Xiomera : 06-29-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What time on July 1st does free agency officially open? Is it midnight ET or in the afternoon some time?
Old 06-29-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
What time on July 1st does free agency officially open? Is it midnight ET or in the afternoon some time?
I think I read at noon. I hope so. I wanna wake up and then the frenzy starts since I am on West Coast time at the moment.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Do we want to play the free agent prediction game?

Zach Parise
Ryan Suter
P.A. Parenteau
Alex Semin
Shane Doan
Ryan Smyth
Ray Whitney
Olli Jokinen
Martin Brodeur
Jason Garrison
Matt Carle
Filip Kuba
Justin Schultz
Jiri Hudler
Dustin Penner
Jaromir Jagr
Paul Gaustad

Bonus Round (trades)
Rick Nash
Bobby Ryan
Roberto Luongo
Keith Yandle
Jay Bouwmeester

Am I missing anyone significant?

Last edited by Xiomera : 06-29-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Random predictions:

Zach Parise — Penguins
Ryan Suter — Red Wings
P.A. Parenteau — Canadiens
Alex Semin — Wild
Shane Doan — Coyotes
Ryan Smyth — Penguins
Ray Whitney — Hurricanes
Olli Jokinen — Stars
Martin Brodeur — Blackhawks
Jason Garrison — Blues
Matt Carle — Flyers
Filip Kuba — Ducks
Justin Schultz — Canucks
Jiri Hudler — Capitals
Dustin Penner — Kings
Jaromir Jagr — Red Wings
Paul Gaustad — Maple Leafs

Bonus Round (trades)
Rick Nash — Sharks
Bobby Ryan — Rangers
Roberto Luongo — Panthers
Keith Yandle — stays put
Jay Bouwmeester — stays put

Last edited by Xiomera : 06-29-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your predictions suck and you should feel bad.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Your predictions suck and you should feel bad.
Sorry about Brody, Brody.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could always become a Panthers fan. That's where I'd like to see him go.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
You could always become a Panthers fan. That's where I'd like to see him go.
I'd rather do a backflip into a pool of piranhas.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Aside from Suter AND Parise, this is a pretty reasonable idea of what I'd like to see for the Wings.

Ryan Suter
Jason Garrison or Matt Carle (yes, in addition to Suter)
Jaromir Jagr
Mikael Samuelsson
Scott Clemmensen
Old 06-30-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do we want to play the free agent prediction game?

Zach Parise- Wild
Ryan Suter- Lightning
P.A. Parenteau- Lightning
Alex Semin- Wild
Shane Doan- Wild
Ryan Smyth- Lightning
Ray Whitney- Wild
Olli Jokinen- who cares
Martin Brodeur- Ligtning
Jason Garrison- Lightning
Matt Carle- Wild
Filip Kuba- who cares
Justin Schultz- Wild
Jiri Hudler- who cares
Dustin Penner- Wild
Jaromir Jagr- Lightning
Paul Gaustad- Wild

Bonus Round (trades)
Rick Nash- Wild
Bobby Ryan- Wild
Roberto Luongo- who cares
Keith Yandle- Lightning
Jay Bouwmeester- who cares

Am I missing anyone significant?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Not sure I like Justin Schultz. I get the feeling that he feels like he's entitled and all that. Apparently he has pissed off a lot of people in the league.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zach Parise - Pitts
Ryan Suter - Wings
P.A. Parenteau - Blue Jackets
Alex Semin - Wings
Shane Doan - Yotes
Ryan Smyth - Oilers
Ray Whitney - Wild
Olli Jokinen - Flames
Martin Brodeur - Devils
Jason Garrison - Canucks
Matt Carle - Avs
Filip Kuba - meh
Justin Schultz - Oilers
Jiri Hudler - ha
Dustin Penner - Kings
Jaromir Jagr - Canadiens
Paul Gaustad - Pens

Bonus Round (trades)
Rick Nash - Rangers
Bobby Ryan - Boston
Roberto Luongo - Florida
Keith Yandle - Phx
Jay Bouwmeester - Flames

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Matt Niskanen resigns with the Pens for two years for 4.6 million.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm beginning to get a bit paranoid that the Red Wings will fail to land Ryan Suter and then our defense will be atrocious.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

If the Wings are unwilling to give Jiri Hudler 4 million/year, I'm damn certain they won't give Alex Semin the 5+ million/year he'll demand from NHL teams to keep him out of the KHL.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Looks like both the Rangers and Leafs are out of the running for Schultz. He's probably a Oiler.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Hines, if the Pens sign Parise to something like a 10/80 contract as has been suggested, won't that hinder their chances of keeping Malkin in 2 years?

No way they can make three 8 million per season forwards work for that many years.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Hines, if the Pens sign Parise to something like a 10/80 contract as has been suggested, won't that hinder their chances of keeping Malkin in 2 years?

No way they can make three 8 million per season forwards work for that many years.
Not sure. I know Orpik and Kunitz will be off the books along with others. I'm sure he'll get signed to the same amount as Sid.

I did read that the Pens will offer 10 for 75/80 million. I think he goes to Pittsburgh, Minnesota, or New Jersey. Can't wait til Noon tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Just looked on CapGeek. Pens will be, if the cap stands the way it is, 45 million under the cap when Malkin and Letang deals are up. 19 next season as of now. I'm sure Shero will move Martin somewhere and I read that Nashville was interested. We'll see.

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=26
Old 06-30-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Not sure. I know Orpik and Kunitz will be off the books along with others. I'm sure he'll get signed to the same amount as Sid.

I did read that the Pens will offer 10 for 75/80 million. I think he goes to Pittsburgh, Minnesota, or New Jersey. Can't wait til Noon tomorrow.
I think he goes to Pittsburgh too, I just don't see how the Penguins could sustain a balanced roster with four forwards (with Neal) combining to make about 32 million. Letang will command big money in a couple years too. They would need a lot of cheap, usable players to fill out the roster. If the salary cap does drop several million dollars with the new CBA, it'd be a tricky proposition.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just looked on CapGeek. Pens will be, if the cap stands the way it is, 45 million under the cap when Malkin and Letang deals are up. 19 next season as of now. I'm sure Shero will move Martin somewhere and I read that Nashville was interested. We'll see.

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=26
You will have 4 players under contract when that happens, all of which are making 5+ million dollars. Add in Parise and that's ~31 million between 5 players, none of which are Geno or Letang.

Yes, Paul Martin, whatever. It's still pretty wild.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hopefully by the time that Geno needs his new deal, all the young defensemen that Shero got is ready, which I believe will happen.

Beau Bennett and Tom Kuhnhackl should be ready too. I'm not really worried about the future money right now. I'm sure Shero will get it done and it'll be OK.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Vancouver reportedly out as well. Schultz to Edmonton seems inevitable now.