Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 NFLDC Top 10 CB

1. Darrelle Revis, New York Jets (170) UNANIMOUS
2. Joe Haden, Cleveland Browns (112)
3. Nnamdi Asomugha, Philadelphia Eagles (110)
4. Johnathan Joseph, Houston Texans (89)
5. Brandon Flowers, Kansas City Chiefs (69)
5. Lardarius Webb, Baltimore Ravens (69)
7. Charles Woodson, Green Bay Packers (60)
8. Champ Bailey, Denver Broncos (40)
9. Carlos Rogers, San Francisco 49ers (30)
9. Corey Webster, New York Giants (30)

*Vote Total in Parentheses

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think one of either Brent Grimes or Asante Samuel deserved a spot but I could see why it'd be close.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grimes and Samuel were the two next guys with 29 points each.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's alot of good corners, Chris Gamble and Ike Taylor are other names that deserve consideration. I personally wouldn't put Webb top 10 yet.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very surprised to see Rogers on the list. A couple of ints can change your perception as a CB or a safety. Its the truth because he's still basically the same CB he was in D.C. Solid in all areas, just catching the ball now instead.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wasn't expecting to see Flowers get so much love. :)
Old 06-29-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is actually a very solid list. CB is one of the tougher groups because it's Revis and then a big mash of everybody else. The only objection I would have would be no PP7 but I understand there's varying criteria based on previous production vs. prospective (2012 season) production.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no Patrick Peterson lol

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had both PP7 and Haden on my list, but I think Haden is a tad overrated here. Still good to great, but no way is he that high.

<3 the Flowers love.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

PP7 is great, but no way would I rank him top 10 yet.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think Peterson is top 10 yet after a half of a year. He did struggle a bit early on before he got things going. When we do this next year he'll for sure be in the top 10. I think Webster is still a little underrated by a few spot but he doesn't get much pub ever.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it says 2012 top 10 CB not 2011

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
it says 2012 top 10 CB not 2011
I guess where we differ is that I'm ranking them based on who I'd take in a game today, maybe I missed the criteria.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
no Patrick Peterson lol
If you're putting Peterson on there, Sherman should be on there to, ahead of Peterson.

Reality is neither should be on there til they prove it.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PP has no business being on anyone top 10 CB list....unless your a Cards fan of course. Richard Sherman looks like the better CB to this point and if he isnt being debated, why should Peterson?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I guess where we differ is that I'm ranking them based on who I'd take in a game today, maybe I missed the criteria.
See, I like that criteria. However, if that is your criteria then you need to recognize that PP improved significantly throughout the season and teams really started avoiding him because he was playing like a top 10 CB down the stretch. Now factor in that year one to year two is where players make their biggest jump, it's safe to assume he continue to take big steps forward from where he ended off. Steve Smith beating him in week 1 or Nicks beating him in week 4 is not indicative of the player he is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
When we do this next year he'll for sure be in the top 10.
Then wouldn't that mean he was a top 10 CB in 2012?
Old 06-29-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Webb. Best corner no one talks about.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

webb, rodgers and even bailey and woodson have no part on this list above webster

woodson was not that good last year, im sure he'll be seeing more safety action.

cant really argue with 1-5 though
Old 06-30-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

There was no specific criteria that I wanted to everyone to use. I wanted everyone to just use their own judgement based on whatever they want. I didn't vote to make it fair but I would be one to think you're not a top 10 guy until you prove it. PP didn't proved it over a full year yet but he has a great potential to that in 2012.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-30-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I really like Webb. Best corner no one talks about.
Who among us can resist the opportunity to hype a player on our team when a fan from another team brings up him up?!?

When we go to our sub packages, Webb actually kicks inside and I am confident in saying he is the best nickelback in the league. I can't think of any CB's outside of Revis who could play both the pass and the run both inside and outside as well as Webb (he's also a very good return man). There are probably a couple better pure outside cover men (J-Jo, Nnamdi) but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more well rounded CB in the league than Webb. His progression from 2010 to 2011 was as significant as any player in the league.

And GF, I understand why some would be reluctant to put PP that high this early, I do. I personally was just super impressed with how he played towards the end of the season which is why I think I hold him in a higher regard in the first place. From that impression I factor in what he brings to the table ability-wise.

*For the record I like the no criteria. Makes it more open, more diverse, doesn't help/hurt some players rankings and ultimately leaves more room for discussion.

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-30-2012 at 01:39 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
webb, rodgers and even bailey and woodson have no part on this list above webster

woodson was not that good last year, im sure he'll be seeing more safety action.

cant really argue with 1-5 though
Webster was targeted a lot last season, among the league's top ten most targeted. Just saying. Not sure why you believe he should be higher than the other guys, especially Webb who had a fantastic season.

Quote:
Old 06-30-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Who cares if Webster was targeted? He's been shutdown since the game against the Bills in 08. He's struggled in a game against Jackson and that's it. I also don't believe these target numbers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-30-2012, 02:41 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grimes, Peterson, Samuel, and even Carr had a case.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Who cares if Webster was targeted? He's been shutdown since the game against the Bills in 08. He's struggled in a game against Jackson and that's it. I also don't believe these target numbers.
Corey Webster a shut down corner? Sorry, shut down to me means someone playing on the level of a Darrell Revis, Champ Bailey, Rod Woodson, or Deion Sanders in their prime. Hall of Fame type guys. Webster is good (especially that season in 2008), but in response to the other poster, saying that he shouldn't be below everyone else "just because" is kind of weak in my opinion.

Here are the numbers of the most targeted cornerbacks according to Pro Football Focus:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-2011-numbers/

Believe what you want.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 06-30-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:33 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Grimes, Peterson, Samuel, and even Carr had a case.
I concur!!!

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-30-2012 at 03:49 AM. Reason: spelling or grammar or something not made up
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote