Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Adam Jones: Will Appeal Suspension

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...e&type=fantasy

Update: Jones plans to appeal his season-long NFL suspension and believes he's been made the "poster boy" by the league, the Tennessean reports.

Recommendation: "For the most part, I think it was a little bit harsh. I expected the suspension, but for a whole year, for a guy that hasn't been charged with nothing. I really didn't agree with it," Jones said. "But for the most part I am taking it like a man. I am going to appeal it and we'll see what the future brings. ... Clearly, I am made to be the poster boy." Jones, who has had at least 10 run-ins with police since the Titans drafted him in 2005, can apply for reinstatement after 10 games if he follows conditions set by the league. We'll keep you posted.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has no chance to get an overturn. The only person who can reduce the suspension is Roger Goodell.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
He has no chance to get an overturn. The only person who can reduce the suspension is Roger Goodell.
Agreed. (10)
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
JC the Savior
Rookie

JC the Savior hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Worth a shot...?
Old 04-14-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think he has a chance
Dunno why he was suspended in the first place
Its not like he was ever convicted
Or maybe he was suspended for making the nfl look bad, all I know is
The Titans are i trouble

Thats what I learned last nite on this site

Corny I know but i wanted to do it

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we all saw this coming but I thought I would post it since it is for sure now.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He won't get anything.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he has much of a chance to play a game next year. I guess it's worth a shot though. Personally, I hope it doesn't work.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just wondering, if the Titans make the playoffs is that still part of the suspension? Or could he play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
I was just wondering, if the Titans make the playoffs is that still part of the suspension? Or could he play?
He is suspended for 16 games so i would think

But the Titans wont make the playoffs so we wont have to worry bout that

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
He is suspended for 16 games so i would think

But the Titans wont make the playoffs so we wont have to worry bout that
They definately have a shot at making it IMO.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Three Step Drop

I think Goodell will come down on Jones hard. Goodell has already been to talk to the Bengals about the conduct of their players and Goodell want's to send out a message that this type of behaviour won't be tolerated by the NFL
Old 04-14-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacman has no chance... he should go to canada, play there for a year and come back. Goodell isn't gonna budge...

I kinda like Goodell... doesn't back down when he has to take a stand.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Pacman has no chance... he should go to canada, play there for a year and come back. Goodell isn't gonna budge...
Not a good idea going to the CFL for a year he could blow out a knee the guy is to young and good (On the field) to risk that IMO.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Honestly I thought the whole season was too much, but then again maybe overkill was necessary in this case.

Jones' best bet to get the number of games reduced is to follow every single guideline the NFL sets out and then apply for reinstatement after game 10.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
They have no shot w/o him playing. He was there 2nd best defensive player and there best return man. That defense will get torched w/o him.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

what a ******. he needs to work on cleaning up his act and staying in shape to make a comeback in a year.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not suprising. he's going to do anything he can so that he can get some money this year.

a year without football to occupy him......might as well just toss him in jail now and be done with it

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no chance to overturn it IMO

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, He has to follow fairly strict guidelines and has to be cleared 100% of all charges in the Las Vegas incident.... plus complete community service and other things before he can apply for re-instatement....it is no guarentee after 16 games that he will be able to come back....that is when he is "eligible" to come back
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans had already regressed in almost every facet before this.

Now it's total.

If Vince Young turns into the next Steve Young next year, it won't matter. He has NO talent around him, on either side of the ball.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dont think it'll get overturned but of course its worth a shot.

The real important part is he stays in shape and out of trouble and does everything required for him and gets re-instated week 11 and is ready to play when it comes. He got in trouble, the **** happens, its part of life. Lets see if he mans up and takes responsibility for his life and gets proactive about it. If he cant take advantage of this opportunity to turn things around for himself and take advantage of his opportunities, things could get a whole lot worse for him before they get better. Right here he's got an opportunity to admit to his mistakes and make some changes and carry on with what can be a very promising future.

Last edited by TheChampIsHere : 04-14-2007 at 04:53 PM.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
The Titans had already regressed in almost every facet before this.

Now it's total.

If Vince Young turns into the next Steve Young next year, it won't matter. He has NO talent around him, on either side of the ball.
How have they regressed in every facet? Their D is pretty much all the same players. Yeah, they lost some players at HB and WR but they still have Vince and an underrated young OL and I expect they will bring in some talent at HB and WR as well as defense in the coming month. Plus they are still being coached by Jeff Fisher. I dont think they make the playoffs but they should be plenty competitive.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I bet Pacman's idea of an appeal would be challenging Roger Goodell to a fist fight?
McGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
If they get swapped to the NFC maybe... Not happening in the AFC.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote