Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm probably slow but who is Peterson?
Patrick Peterson.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:39 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damnit Ness, stop twisting my words! I would never not now the name of the player I've been talking about in this entire thread. GOSH!

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-30-2012 at 02:54 AM. Reason: i hope this works. i can't even use the im tired excuse because sadly it's not even true.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:59 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice save TACKLE

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Nice save TACKLE
I don't know what you're talking about but don't feel the need to clarify.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no issues with this list.

But if Richard Sherman plays half as well as he did last year, he's going to be a fixture.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Corey Webster a shut down corner? Sorry, shut down to me means someone playing on the level of a Darrell Revis, Champ Bailey, Rod Woodson, or Deion Sanders in their prime. Hall of Fame type guys. Webster is good (especially that season in 2008), but in response to the other poster, saying that he shouldn't be below everyone else "just because" is kind of weak in my opinion.

Here are the numbers of the most targeted cornerbacks according to Pro Football Focus:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-2011-numbers/

Believe what you want.
I have to side with the Giants fans on this one. I've always been a Webster fan and thought he was easily the most underrated CB in the league. He's been playing at a high level for a long time. He may be slowing down just a tad, but he's still pretty good. I think he's top 5 material. You can make cases for alot of guys. There's alot of CB talent in the league and there is always going to be some ppl who believe their guy doesn't get enough love. But I think in Webster case its true because I never hear ppl talk about him when the mention best CBs in the league.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I have to side with the Giants fans on this one. I've always been a Webster fan and thought he was easily the most underrated CB in the league. He's been playing at a high level for a long time. He may be slowing down just a tad, but he's still pretty good. I think he's top 5 material. You can make cases for alot of guys. There's alot of CB talent in the league and there is always going to be some ppl who believe their guy doesn't get enough love. But I think in Webster case its true because I never hear ppl talk about him when the mention best CBs in the league.

The problem with those stats and other stuff like that is it doesn't give the big picture. Mind you we had 5 Cbs on IR, so in order to compensate we'd bring a sky safety down on the opposite site so compensate. At one point we had Rolle in the slot playing CB as well. So instead of getting owned on the opposite site, we would compensate and get Qbs to throw to the side where we weren't trying to compensate. Basically QBs instead of forcing it were taking what we gave them which was Webster on their X.

Webster has been our guy throughout both super bowl runs. He is always on X, from what I see, and has done a good job. He is a solid guy who doesn't get that much press.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Smith is gonna be the 2nd best CB in the league within 2 years. Write it down.

And Corey Webster is a boss.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please ppl. For the love of God. Stop following PFF's word like the gospel. It's a decent tool to use when evaluating guys, but it's not that accurate in many instances, especially for DBs.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Please ppl. For the love of God. Stop following PFF's word like the gospel. It's a decent tool to use when evaluating guys, but it's not that accurate in many instances, especially for DBs.
I don't follow the site like its gospel so I know you aren't talking about me.

Quote:
Old 06-30-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't follow the site like its gospel so I know you aren't talking about me.
Good, so you're good to go then. The people that do are the ones that are at a disadvantage.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
That's fine. I just personally believe he isn't a shut down corner. A very good one though. And not being talked about doesn't necessarily warrant the staus of top gun either. You could say the same thing about Webb. Like you mentioned yourself cases can be made for a lot of guys in the NFL.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 06-30-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Good, so you're good to go then. The people that do are the ones that are at a disadvantage.
Like with all of those sites, when citing information it just depends on how it is taken in context. That being said it can be useful at times.

Quote:
Old 06-30-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Like with all of those sites, when citing information it just depends on how it is taken in context. That being said it can be useful at times.
Oh I agree with that and that Webster is NOT a shut down corner, but a pretty damn good one. But the thing with those stats is that a lot of fans use them as their crux of their argument and turn football talk into a statistic class.

Watch when this new NFL game tape comes out. Now all that means is that you get dumb fans using stat sites and that video incorrectly and coming up with idiotic assumptions. My guess is that blogs and sites will use them, and the fan who is misinformed will use that as their foundation for whatever point they want to make. And often they will use it incorrectly.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Jimmy Smith is gonna be the 2nd best CB in the league within 2 years. Write it down.

And Corey Webster is a boss.
That's a very bold statemement. Especially with the CB talent from that draft class. Right now, Sherman, Smith, PP, Culliver, and Allen have all showed signs of bright careers down the road. And I still think guys like Dowling, and Carmichael will show themselves to be talents at the position if they can come back from injuries. It will be interesting to see just what kind of careers unfold with that class.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's fine. I just personally believe he isn't a shut down corner. A very good one though. And not being talked about doesn't necessarily warrant the staus of top gun either. You could say the same thing about Webb. Like you mentioned yourself cases can be made for a lot of guys in the NFL.
There are no more shutdown CBs so its a moot point. Revis is close but no QB fears any CB in the league right now. Nor should they. The rules are catered for offensive players. A CB's job is more difficult than ever. It is what it is.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
There are no more shutdown CBs so its a moot point. Revis is close but no QB fears any CB in the league right now. Nor should they. The rules are catered for offensive players. A CB's job is more difficult than ever. It is what it is.
How is Revis not a shutdown CB?
Old 06-30-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
That's a very bold statemement. Especially with the CB talent from that draft class. Right now, Sherman, Smith, PP, Culliver, and Allen have all showed signs of bright careers down the road. And I still think guys like Dowling, and Carmichael will show themselves to be talents at the position if they can come back from injuries. It will be interesting to see just what kind of careers unfold with that class.
It wouldn't be the first bold statement from BBD.

#knicks2012

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 06-30-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I apologize for using the term shutdown corner. It wear a bit hyperbolic but Webster is still underrated which is surprising to me. The only player who made him look silly was Vincent Jackson a few years ago.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My list was very, very close to this one. I've been pretty spot on on all of these so far. My general thoughts:

-Haden is too high. I had him further down the list.
-Woodson definitely too high, especially because I'd even be hesitant to call him a pure CB anymore. I had him at #10 on my list, I think Rogers and Webster are superior cover men at this point in their respective careers

Glad to see Ladarious getting the love. And yes, Revis is a shutdown CB. Anyone saying otherwise is a crazy person.

Finally, BBD is right. Jimmy Smith is a Top 5 CB in the NFL in 2 years. Mark it down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think there's only 1 shut down CB in the league, and that's Revis. I've said this many times in the past, Revis is the best CB I've seen since Deion. He's that good.

I just love Jimmy Smith. He's physical, he's tall and has long arms and he has the hips and speed to keep up with guys, and his press man skills are the best I've seen in awhile. When he was in press man in college, it was over. You didn't have a chance.

And he looked real good his rookie season. They put him on Gronk a lot in the playoffs, they put him on Andre Johnson. A rookie CB on that team, with those responsibilities? And he did a damn good job too.

He's gonna be special. I liked taking Prince, but deep down I had a feeling we'd regret passing on Smith bc I knew he's the best CB from that draft class.

I loved PP and Smith in that class. Liked Prince a lot too, but PP and Smith are gonna be studs.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you see Richard Sherman pressing last year?
Old 06-30-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Sherman was a beast on press too, but he's not as fast as Smith or fluid. Still love him though. Seattle has a very good secondary.

Seattle, Baltimore, NYG, Philly, and NYJ might round out the top 5 cb cores in the league.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle EASILY has the best secondary top-to-bottom in the league.

EASILY.

Trufant as the nickel? YES.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stevie Johnson makes Revis his *****. His route running is so ******** when he makes his cuts Revis' brain just melts and he doesn't know how to play it. There was even multiple times last year where Fitzpatrick just completely missed Johnson on the sideline where he burned Revis for what could have been several big plays rather than the handful of shorter routes that Fitzpatrick was able to actually throw accurately enough to convert on.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote