Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-30-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
You will have 4 players under contract when that happens, all of which are making 5+ million dollars. Add in Parise and that's ~31 million between 5 players, none of which are Geno or Letang.

Yes, Paul Martin, whatever. It's still pretty wild.
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense competitively for Pittsburgh to be that top heavy. They'll be like the Miami Heat, forced to hope good players take absurd discounts to come play there.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Vancouver reportedly out as well. Schultz to Edmonton seems inevitable now.
They had Gretzky and Paul Coffey(I think it was him) call Schultz as a sales pitch to Edmonton.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
They had Gretzky and Paul Coffey(I think it was him) call Schultz as a sales pitch to Edmonton.
Most every team could have a hall of famer give him a ring. I'm really annoyed with the whole Schultz saga. This is basically a smaller scale LeBron situation.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wild are out. Looks to be down to Sens and Oilers.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

It's official. Edmonton gets Schultz.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Schultz has officially signed with the Oilers.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I hope Schultz busts.
I now echo this sentiment.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Source says Flyers are again talking with CBJ on Nash and it is serious

https://twitter.com/tpanotchCSN/stat...80169162784768

Tim Panotch on Twitter.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

It's going to be fun watching Detroit and Minnesota battle it out for Suter. I give the upper hand to Detroit, but I am not counting out Minnesota for either Suter or Parise.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
It's going to be fun watching Detroit and Minnesota battle it out for Suter. I give the upper hand to Detroit, but I am not counting out Minnesota for either Suter or Parise.
I can't fathom why Suter would opt for Minnesota over Detroit. He's from Madison, WI, which is smack between the two teams. On basically every other factor, Detroit wins.

Not saying he's a slam dunk to Detroit at all, but Minnesota doesn't seem like the second most likely to me. I hope I'm not wrong.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I can't fathom why Suter would opt for Minnesota over Detroit. He's from Madison, WI, which is smack between the two teams. On basically every other factor, Detroit wins.

Not saying he's a slam dunk to Detroit at all, but Minnesota doesn't seem like the second most likely to me. I hope I'm not wrong.
I know Fletcher is going to try to sell Parise and Suter on their young team and the fact that they got a lot of cap space. Plus they need a defender. I doubt any other defenders sign until Suter signs, which isn't looking likely for tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I know Fletcher is going to try to sell Parise and Suter on their young team and the fact that they got a lot of cap space. Plus they need a defender. I doubt any other defenders sign until Suter signs, which isn't looking likely for tomorrow.
If the Wings don't get Suter, then Jason Garrison is gonna be getting a crazy lucrative panic offer from Detroit.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suter and Parise are going to Colorado...duh...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
If the Wings don't get Suter, then Jason Garrison is gonna be getting a crazy lucrative panic offer from Detroit.
I think it's pretty certain that Suter is going to Detroit with Semin. That is my guess. I would be surprised if that didn't happen.

Parise will go to Minnesota or Pittsburgh.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Gaustad resigns with Nashville. 4 years, 13 million.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed it the first time, but Nashville really needs to stop overvaluing Paul Gaustad.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I think it's pretty certain that Suter is going to Detroit with Semin. That is my guess. I would be surprised if that didn't happen.
Everyone says Semin to Detroit, but I just don't see it. He widely-reported lazy and unfocused ways won't jive well with Babcock. And as I said, if they're unwilling to bring back Jiri Hudler for 4 million/year, they're not gonna want Semin for 5+million/year.

We'll see. Maybe I've misread this.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the same thing when we passed on re-signing Montador in favor of Ehrhoff for more money. But it turns out teams prefer good players.

Really, I don't have the first clue where Semin ends up.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Who is the first player to sign on July 1st? I say a fourth round type guy. Maybe someone like Brandon Prust.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Espn just had a headline on their website "Parise to the Rangers?" but the link had no story when clicked and has since been taken down.

I'm assuming that's total garbage.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Jordan Staal signs a 10 year, 60 million dollar deal with the Canes.

Edit: Also, Ryan Smyth resigns with the Oilers for 2 years, 2.25 million a year.

Last edited by Hines : 07-01-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jordan Staal signs a 10 year, 60 million dollar deal with the Canes.

Edit: Also, Ryan Smyth resigns with the Oilers for 2 years, 2.25 million a year.
Didn't the Pens offer him the same deal? I guess he was set on going with his brother.

*Note I do not watch nor follow hockey just hopped in her for a second so please excuse my ignorance.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Yes, the Pens offered him that deal. When he rejected the Pens' offer, it was evident that he wanted to go play with his brother.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Damn. Would have loved a shot at Smyth. There was a ton of talk that he'd leave. Very reasonable deal.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Another damn. Scott Clemmenson supposedly re-signing with Florida for 2 years, 1.2 million per.

Wings need a backup goalie. There really aren't any good one.