Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-01-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Be careful how you play this, Forenci. I have yet to solidly detect / deduce your affiliation.
His gain would be saving a fellow mafia member.
At the point of his vote, who would have thought anything of it with Gonzo's style of play.

Gonzo is made and Cigaro with him.
You've yet to explain why this would even make sense.

You're clearly just delaying and hoping to find anything to grab onto and try and divert attention from yourself. If you're really a miller and think I'm evil, sacrificing yourself would be more than a fair trade. If you're evil, you know the information against you is too damning to escape, you're just unnecessarily prolonging the day.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would he be one of the first to vote for someone and then unvote him? Gonzo could have been killed at any time for quite some time. Everyone knows you seldom vote for your own mafia members unless it's necessary to sacrifice one. You don't be one of the first to initiate it unless the day before we know that person is evil. And you'd be dumb to vote for Gonzo that early. If you start voting on Gonzo he can easily be lynched because of how most people get annoyed with him and feel as if he hurts the game.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ claimed miller. Was that a broth up thinking he was investigated?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
You've yet to explain why this would even make sense.

You're clearly just delaying and hoping to find anything to grab onto and try and divert attention from yourself. If you're really a miller and think I'm evil, sacrificing yourself would be more than a fair trade. If you're evil, you know the information against you is too damning to escape, you're just unnecessarily prolonging the day.
You are right in saying I am delaying and trying to divert attention from myself. By doing so, I save the town a player and turn attention back to the evil it is fighting. You say sacrificing myself would be more than a fair trade. I say evil wins when good doesn't fight back. I have provide 3 possible options given your revelation. Prolonging the day, surely. Unnecessarily, not at all.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
CJ claimed miller. Was that a broth up thinking he was investigated?
Either that, or he would want cover for if he somehow survived today but showed up evil in someone's investigations tomorrow.

Showing up evil when investigated, there being less kills on the days he's roleblocked, it seems pretty simple to me at this point.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-01-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Why would he be one of the first to vote for someone and then unvote him? Gonzo could have been killed at any time for quite some time. Everyone knows you seldom vote for your own mafia members unless it's necessary to sacrifice one. You don't be one of the first to initiate it unless the day before we know that person is evil. And you'd be dumb to vote for Gonzo that early. If you start voting on Gonzo he can easily be lynched because of how most people get annoyed with him and feel as if he hurts the game.
I postulate that a first vote for him means little due to the way he was playing.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

You still haven't explained why I would vote for him among the first, then unvote him as soon as he was only two away from the necessary, if we're in league. That makes no sense. This is third time I've asked you to explain.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-01-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are right in saying I am delaying and trying to divert attention from myself. By doing so, I save the town a player and turn attention back to the evil it is fighting. You say sacrificing myself would be more than a fair trade. I say evil wins when good doesn't fight back. I have provide 3 possible options given your revelation. Prolonging the day, surely. Unnecessarily, not at all.
I have also considered those three options but they are easy cop outs. All inactives. If nothing else, killing you might clear their names too since you'd have to be pretty dumb to throw them under the bus.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Seriously though, where is the rest of the town? I know TitanHope said he wanted to wait to hear from CJ, but he posted in the Skyrim thread around 4, long after CJ started responding. McGee's posting elsewhere as well, although admittedly he's already cast a vote. Other than that though, the town's seemingly disappeared today.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-01-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
You still haven't explained why I would vote for him among the first, then unvote him as soon as he was only two away from the necessary, if we're in league. That makes no sense. This is third time I've asked you to explain.
I did explain it. I said you would have done it to distance yourself during subsequent vote reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I have also considered those three options but they are easy cop outs. All inactives. If nothing else, killing you might clear their names too since you'd have to be pretty dumb to throw them under the bus.
I refer to these options. Never have I mentioned other players.

Quote:
At this point I believe a possibility of the following exiests:

a) you jailkept me, but are wrong in your interpretation of the results.

b) you are mafia, but didn't jail-keep me and are covering for the possible GF or other powerful mafia member.

c) you are mafia, and jail-kept me assuming I was a powerful town aligned player and are now covering for the possible GF or other powerful mafia member.

Take your pick, but the voting slide that took place sure is gonna be fun to climb out from underneath when I am proven good.
Face it, guys. You can't trip up the truth as it has nothing to trip over.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Seriously though, where is the rest of the town?
This is the only bit of sense you have made yet today.

It won't save you though.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I did explain it. I said you would have done it to distance yourself during subsequent vote reviews.
That's what the very question is about, why would I vote for Gonzo to try and distance myself, then remove my vote when he was about to get lynched? That would completely defeat any goal I had with the original vote, so I'm still waiting to hear why you would think I would do something so dumb and obvious.

So no, you haven't explained it. Going on four times.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-01-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:

I refer to these options. Never have I mentioned other players.

Face it, guys. You can't trip up the truth as it has nothing to trip over.
Oh, I thought you were suggesting people early when you mentioned Caddy and such.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously though, where is the rest of the town? I know TitanHope said he wanted to wait to hear from CJ, but he posted in the Skyrim thread around 4, long after CJ started responding. McGee's posting elsewhere as well, although admittedly he's already cast a vote. Other than that though, the town's seemingly disappeared today.
Nothing has changed my mind that's happened lately. Hockey happenings and laughing at Italy have most of my attention as I sit here lazily.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I am here for a little while longer. Finished up most of my packing for moving down south except for my desktop and such. I'll probably do that pretty soon too and I do have my laptop but I don't know if I'll have a chance to use it before I go to bed.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm here but I think killing CJ is a mistake and I only voted for him because the rest of you got to overthinking killing the most suspicious person in the town, Gonzo.

If you're innocent, I'm sorry CJ, but people don't want to see what is right in front of their face.

And I'd rather the decision to kill anyone come from us and not be made by the moderator.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I'd also like to point out, as I did earlier, I will be all day tomorrow. Getting up at 3:30 a.m. and driving 15-16+ hours to South Carolina so I doubt I will check in. Maybe at the hotel if I can get some wireless for free.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
That's what the very question is about, why would I vote for Gonzo to try and distance myself, then remove my vote when he was about to get lynched? That would completely defeat any goal I had with the original vote, so I'm still waiting to hear why you would think I would do something so dumb and obvious.

So no, you haven't explained it. Going on four times.
No where did I say you were highly intelligent in your motives to save Gonzo. I believe that in my 3 options I rebutted, I offered two that explained your actions.

Let's put it this way - in all honesty, even when I come up good, there will be a few whom you will have fooled. You will claim option a which I provided, Gonzo will still be alive and the trail will likely lead onward to another suspect. That suspect likely to be an inactive or one provided by players with info gathering ability on either side.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I will be leaving back to church in 40 minutes, so after that I won't be able to respond to any further ludicrous claims.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No where did I say you were highly intelligent in your motives to save Gonzo. I believe that in my 3 options I rebutted, I offered two that explained your actions.

Let's put it this way - in all honesty, even when I come up good, there will be a few whom you will have fooled. You will claim option a which I provided, Gonzo will still be alive and the trail will likely lead onward to another suspect. That suspect likely to be an inactive or one provided by players with info gathering ability on either side.
If you turn up good, people aren't going to just drop suspicions of Gonzo. Simply put, people are too suspicious of him to let him just be forgotten. And if he goes, I'll probably be tied to him at least to some degree.

Also, of course I will claim option A, because its true. But I'm pretty confident that that situation isn't going to arise, as you're going to turn up evil.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-01-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

Also, of course I will claim option A, because its true. But I'm pretty confident that that situation isn't going to arise, as you're going to turn up evil.
So you agree you have misinterpreted the results, but will not change your vote in the face of truth, yet still feel I am evil?

SMH

Old 07-01-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unvote Gonzo
Vote CJ

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So you agree you have misinterpreted the results, but will not change your vote in the face of truth, yet still feel I am evil?

SMH
You're clearly looking for anything you can find to try and make it seem like I'm tripping up;

Quote:
Or, I'm a jailkeeper, you're not a miller and instead mafia, and the fact that only one kill happened over the two nights you were jailkept is not just a coincidence.
Quote:
That would fall under option a.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-01-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote Count:

CJ (10) Cigaro, Gonzo, Vidae, Deep, broth, Rufus, McGee, Grizz, Forenci, Woot
Gonzo (4) killswitch, fenikz, CJ, Caddy
Forenci (1) Snicho

With 19 remaining players, 10 votes needed for majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After losing Sandy Cohen the previous night, the town was on edge. Attention immediately turned to Gonzo. The residents of Newport Beach just didn't believe his boasting about his supposed abilities. But he defended himself admirably. Then the crowd remembered Luke Ward, Harbor's star water polo player. "He always beats me up and pisses in my shoes. Plus, his dad is ***!" shouted a young high school student. He seemed like an obvious murder suspect. The crowd began pelting him with water polo balls, with Woot throwing the death-dealing ball.

CJ Schneider - Luke Ward - Miller- has been lynched.

You have until 10 AM CDT tomorrow to send in you might actions. But if you send them in early, I can open the thread early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote