Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-30-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you consider getting your MBA? Maybe that linked with your science degree would be enough to open more doors.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have. I started my phd so the mba has to wait a couple of years, but my ultimate goal is to have a phd and mba. I'm also getting project management and regulatory certificates.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Realistically, I'll only do half of that bc as you get older, your drive to continue your education goes down. I'll probably just do my phd and get a cert in project management.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Realistically, I'll only do half of that bc as you get older, your drive to continue your education goes down. I'll probably just do my phd and get a cert in project management.
Try doing both if you can. The drive may go down, but if you truly feel the way you do that should make the drive go up so your not stuck in the situation you're currently in. That's where I get my motivation. It's a shame the football thing didn't work out for me. I was soo close. Stupid Falcons. But perhaps it was a blessing because now I am on track to do what I wanted to do since I was young. So who knows maybe this was a blessing that I didn't get myself in the NFL.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah I'm gonna try. I just think I'm at the point in my career where I developed my skills and knowledge to a point where I need to take the next step and move up the ranks. I did just about all I can do in the labs, now it's time to parlay that into a management position where I can venture into project management, regulatory, or business development side of the industry.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I'm gonna try. I just think I'm at the point in my career where I developed my skills and knowledge to a point where I need to take the next step and move up the ranks. I did just about all I can do in the labs, now it's time to parlay that into a management position where I can venture into project management, regulatory, or business development side of the industry.
Usually in this country the way to do that is education. A lot of people want that and want money but hate to educate themselves. So they are stuck in a rut. That's why I think education is the key. Get the proper degrees and with your science background you will be in high demand. Find out what specific position you like and see if you can read up and learn what they do in your spare time. This way you know some stuff about it before actually doing it. Then get your MBA and perhaps concentrate in something if you can.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forenci, I'm getting my masters in education too and im excited. I could never do a job where I'm miserable and I love teaching and it's something I really wanna do. Teach and coach basketball. If I'm happy, I'll be ok with not being loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Forenci, I'm getting my masters in education too and im excited. I could never do a job where I'm miserable and I love teaching and it's something I really wanna do. Teach and coach basketball. If I'm happy, I'll be ok with not being loaded
Haha, same. I never thought about coaching. It would be fun, but honestly if I had a family I probably wouldn't do it. All the coaches I talked to in high school said it was time consuming as hell. If I was single though I'd probably do it.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has gotten pretty depressing, I don't wanna grow up now

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
This has gotten pretty depressing, I don't wanna grow up now
That's the irony of the situation. People in school want to graduate and be grown up, while the people out of school, want to go back because it was more fun, and due to the economy it makes it worse.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'll say this. I do like what I do. I probably gave the wrong impression. I think my problem lies with I'm never satisfied. I bust my butt, want to advance, then I advance, and for like a month or 2, it feels good. Then you settle into your new role, and you feel like you want more. And then you do it again, you advance, settle, then want more.

And more and more and more. Its never enough. I just can't sit back and be satisfied with where I'm at. I always feel like I can do more, and it pushes me to do more, but at the same time, that drive leaves you feeling unfulfilled and the only way to kill it is to push yourself to do more.

I guess you can call it competitiveness, or whatever, but it's just how I am.

I look back, and I'm like damn, I should be more progressed in my career than I currently am if I did this, this and this. And that pushes you to try to make up for it.

It's hard to explain.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Anyone know anything about this Will Hill character?

Is he just another typical training camp story that will be forgotten in a month?
Old 07-01-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Interesting article about Bennett:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...nnaire_ti.html

He says some interesting things. He's saying all the right things right now, but I'm still skeptical. I want to see him do it on the field, and have the right attitude and approach on our team. I really didn't like him on Dallas. I thought he was a whiner, had an awful attitude, and ran bad routes and had bad hands. So I'm still very skeptical.

He also discusses how our passing concepts are more detailed and complex than Dallas, but it sounds like he had some options in Dallas which is good, it won't be a complete culture shock to him to run in our system. He sounds like he finally gets it, but again, I just can't trust this dude.

We'll see how it goes I guess. He should be a good run blocker at least.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting article about Bennett:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...nnaire_ti.html

He says some interesting things. He's saying all the right things right now, but I'm still skeptical. I want to see him do it on the field, and have the right attitude and approach on our team. I really didn't like him on Dallas. I thought he was a whiner, had an awful attitude, and ran bad routes and had bad hands. So I'm still very skeptical.

He also discusses how our passing concepts are more detailed and complex than Dallas, but it sounds like he had some options in Dallas which is good, it won't be a complete culture shock to him to run in our system. He sounds like he finally gets it, but again, I just can't trust this dude.

We'll see how it goes I guess. He should be a good run blocker at least.
Yeah. It's easy to say all the right things before training camp and the season begins but you never know at the same time. A lot of guys think they're the **** when they come out of college and are drafted pretty high. When they get cut or don't do well and end up going somewhere else it's when they finally realize they weren't as good as they thought and have to actually work for it.

We'll see. I'm not convinced of anything yet but it's still nice to hear.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst case scenario, he makes no progress from what he was for Dallas and is just a good run blocker for us.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone know anything about this Will Hill character?

Is he just another typical training camp story that will be forgotten in a month?
He's a huge asshole. Pissed the Giants signed him even if he does well. Fits better somewhere else.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants/Career advice forum.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Thoughts on Jim Leonard as a possible 3rd safety if he comes cheap? I love Leonard, he's smart, instinctive, great tackler, he's a leader, good character, etc.

I think he'd fit in nicely on our roster and would make our 3 safety sets even better. If he's healthy of course.

I do like Chris Horton as a sleeper in our competition for the 3rd safety spot though. But the thought of Jim Leonard is intriguing.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks. I think we're set at S with Sash, Horton, Hill, and Jackson. If we did sign one more guy then I would just want Grant back.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-02-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus I want TT playing as the 3rd safety some of the time as well. Kenny cleaning up deep with TT and Rolle as the safeties in front of him would be a simply magnificent three safety set.

I'd love for Horton to get back to the level he was at for us and am still hopeful for Sash, but if everybody's healthy, I want TT getting most of the third safety snaps.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 07-02-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think TT's role as a potential 3rd safety will largely depend on how Prince looks this year.

If Prince looks great on the outside and Hosely looks great as a nickel (supposedly Hosely is looking good), I can see TT seeing a lot of time as the 3rd safety. If Prince looks mediocre and so does Hosely, I can see TT cemented at CB all the time.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

True, but Prince was really coming on at the end of the year and I'm a big fan of Hosley's. Plus we've got a number of solid inside guys to play the nickel if Hosley struggles. It's Prince who'll be the big question mark, since we are not nearly as deep with outside guys. That said I think Prince will do well this season if Fewell lets the secondary do well, if we get more late season Fewell than early season Fewell, cause if we get early season Fewell it won't matter who's playing out there.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-03-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our secondary will be fine. Let's not forget that we probably have 10 roster spots for DBs. Just look at the competition we have.

At cb we have Webster, Thomas and Amukamara, then we have Tryon and Coe who we like plus our draft pick Hosely, our free agent signing Moulden plus Johnson who is well established in our system and Bing plus Janzen
The Giants are searching for 37 receptions from their most productive tight end this season.

That number is flexible, but something in that neighborhood would be a significant boost for the offense. From 2008-2011, the Giants' top receiving tight end averaged 37 catches a season. That included highs of 42 receptions by Kevin Boss in 2010 and 38 by Jake Ballard in the 2011 championship season. Ballard yesterday was waived/failed physical, a transaction stemming from the torn anterior cruciate ligament he suffered in Super Bowl XLVI.
At safety we have Phillips and Rolle plus Sash then we have Horton and Brown plus Hill.

I have probably forgotten a few too. There will be some very tight battles in camp. I am expecting we will keep 6 CBs and 4 S.

I think we will bring back Thomas slowly, maybe Splurting time with Prince initially.

Let's not forget with the likes of Boley, Rivers, Williams and Paysinger we have some of the most athletic LBs that NYG has had in a long time.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I absolutely love our CB depth. It's the deepest position on the team. We're going to cut a player or two who ends up on another doing well. I'm specifically going to really be rooting for Tryon and Bing. I think Corey, TT, Prince, and Hosely are the obvious locks to make the team. I also think we might end up carrying 7 CB's and and try to sneak someone on the PS if possible. I don't know where we'll get the extra roster spot though. They need to expand the rosters by a few players.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-03-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm a scientist. The work is fulfilling, it's very interesting and respectable, but the hours are long, the pay isn't as good as it should be considering all the education and knowledge I need to perform my job, and you do all the work and receive none of the credit.

That's the frustrating part for me. I spend 10 hours a day in the lab cooking up something that the company makes millions off of, and then some guy in the business department gets credit for the money coming into the company bc he took my research and told an investor about it. Big deal.

I'm trying to get out of the labs and get into more of a managerial/office role where I have others do the technical work and I present it, but it's hard to get your foot in that door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I absolutely love our CB depth. It's the deepest position on the team. We're going to cut a player or two who ends up on another doing well. I'm specifically going to really be rooting for Tryon and Bing. I think Corey, TT, Prince, and Hosely are the obvious locks to make the team. I also think we might end up carrying 7 CB's and and try to sneak someone on the PS if possible. I don't know where we'll get the extra roster spot though. They need to expand the rosters by a few players.
I like our CB depth but I still think LB is the deepest position on the team.

Boley and Kiwanuka are entrenched as starters, Kiwi will be better with his role pretty much established. Blackburn is stud special teamer and knows the system very well. Herzlich, Jones, Williams and Paysinger all did ok as rookies and will be better with a genuine offseason to prepare. Plus we brought in Rivers who could start and have Muasa whom the coaches really like. And then there is Sinti
If he gets healthy, he does have a ability and could yet bring it all together (though I expect him to start on pup).

That's ten LBs each of whom a legitimate case can be made for roster spots. At best we are likely to have seven spots available. It will come down to who performs best in camp. This battle will be rather fierce. Other than Boley, Kiwi and perhaps Rivers, every other spot is up for grabs.

I am very impressed with the young LB group we have.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote