Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
The guy on the far left with his eyebrow cocked looks like he's about to have a ***** moment towards Kevin Durant.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problem with it. At the same time I'm not defending Aldon Smith. I just know that the media certainly do paint a picture of what type of lifestyle certain players live, and they're rarely accurate.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have no problem with it. At the same time I'm not defending Aldon Smith. I just know that the media certainly do paint a picture of what type of lifestyle certain players live, and they're rarely accurate.
Of course not. Anyone who believes those pieces are just straight up idiots. Fact of the matter is, no one, not any member of the media, not the fans, and certainly no one here on this message board can accurately claim they know these people and the way they live...good or bad.

Oh my goodness Delaine Walker dropped the N-word...

Quote:
Old 07-01-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Kevin Durant gets stabbed at a party that he threw because he tried to "break up" a fight between some gun totting NWAs, then we can compare the two. Until then, let's lay off the nerdy looking, fully clothed, surrounded-by-a-bunch-of-dudes-Durant after he went to his first night club.

And lets not forget that Durant has been in the NBA, making an NBA All-star players salary, for the last 5+ years. It took Aldon one off season to make headlines for being his douchebag self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 07-01-2012 at 10:10 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
When Kevin Durant gets stabbed at a party that he threw because he tried to "break up" a fight between some gun totting NWAs, then we can compare the two. Until then, let's lay off the nerdy looking, fully clothed, surrounded-by-a-bunch-of-dudes-Durant after he went to his first night club.
This is precisely the point. I never compared the two as people. But your opinion of Durant's nightlife-style is ill-informed. Durant hosts parties at clubs regularly. I posted a video of one, and photos of several others. "Vizionary Villainz" was made light of earlier in the thread. One of Durant's many parties was titled "Hennessy presents Xpensive Habits." It's a cultural phenomenon of money and club atmosphere. These celebrities actually make money representing brands while partying. Many, many, many successful athletes throw parties. Sadly, many NFL players also get stabbed. To assume the "type" of person someone is because of these things is terribly naive.

The only thing that can be inferred is that "better" decisions can be made.

Last edited by phlysac : 07-01-2012 at 11:09 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sadly, many NFL players also get stabbed.
lol, really? i'm not even hating i'm just trying to remember the last one to get stabbed.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
lol, really? i'm not even hating i'm just trying to remember the last one to get stabbed.
Aldon Smith
Jason Taylor
Charles Grant
Jason Hunter
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Banks
William Green
Geno Hayes
Nick Harper
Teyo Johnson
Roderick Green

Just those I remember in the last handful of years. I'm sure there have been more.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn 49er's fans I tell ya....
Old 07-02-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea what a 49er player could possibly do to get hated on by the 49er fans here. I don't think there is a single thing they could do.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
God damn 49er's fans I tell ya....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I have no idea what a 49er player could possibly do to get hated on by the 49er fans here. I don't think there is a single thing they could do.
Made me LOL.

Back on topic, Paul Pierce is a stabbing victim too.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:41 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Can't speak for anyone else but for me it all depends what they're hating on. Aldon spends money and gets stabbed? No hate. Aldon has a DUI and possibly is a d-bag? Hate on.

BTW, there are several 49er-centric forums with thousands of fans. This forum has like 8 regular 49er posters. Read a Kyle Williams, Alex Smith, Dashon Goldson, and maybe even Brandon Jacobs thread and you'll see what it takes for players to get hated on. I'm not allowed to link or even name those boards but my source: The internet.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 07-02-2012 at 03:06 AM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, I have no respect for the whole get a "Lambo with huge rims and a ten room mansion" with the first paycheck thing. there has to be at least one NFL player who is playing because he actually wants to play the highest level of football and doesn't just want let his posse leach off of him and drop $50k tabs at ho-infested clubs.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
This is precisely the point. I never compared the two as people. But your opinion of Durant's nightlife-style is ill-informed. Durant hosts parties at clubs regularly. I posted a video of one, and photos of several others. "Vizionary Villainz" was made light of earlier in the thread. One of Durant's many parties was titled "Hennessy presents Xpensive Habits." It's a cultural phenomenon of money and club atmosphere. These celebrities actually make money representing brands while partying. Many, many, many successful athletes throw parties. Sadly, many NFL players also get stabbed. To assume the "type" of person someone is because of these things is terribly naive.

The only thing that can be inferred is that "better" decisions can be made.
Stop making logical arguments. Apparently they're making 49ers fans look like homers.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-02-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you throw a party and you get stabbed and two other people are shot, then you need to reexamine your life choices. You're probably doing something wrong. This shouldn't even be debatable.

Last edited by WCH : 07-02-2012 at 10:37 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
If you throw a party and you get stabbed and two other people are shot, then you need to reexamine your life choices. You're probably doing something wrong. This shouldn't even be debatable.
Absolutely agree.

My point is that a HUGE number of athletes either throw and/or attend these parties/clubs. They do it quite regularly. They work hard, they play hard. We only ever hear about it when something unfortunate happens.

And if anyone thinks I'm a straw-man, I'd be happy to discuss it with them.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Or you might want to look at the ppl your surrounding yourself with and take stock of your circle and see if they are part of the problem. Nothing wrong throwing a party. Gronk throws hella parties and is well known for it. Maybe he can teach Aldon how to throw the proper party without the bloddy aftermath. But he indeed does need to undestand whether or not it was troublemakers outside of his circle and he was just the victim of some bad luck, he's starting to get a rep now. You don't want to get that label so its best if he refrain from the parties and that need for 'nightlife', for awhile.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
And if anyone thinks I'm a straw-man, I'd be happy to discussit with them.
Folks would eventually just use "oh 49ers fans" card or "49ers players can do no wrong" no matter how objectively you're looking at the issue.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys were seriously comparing Kevin Durant to Aldon Smith. Give me a break.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

For the record, I would not care whatsoever if Aldon was partying but avoiding fights and DUIs. Young athletes party, that's their choice.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
You guys were seriously comparing Kevin Durant to Aldon Smith. Give me a break.
Except that never happened. The discussion moved to Kevin Durant after he was, for some reason, brought up. phlysac even said that he wasn't comparing the two people. A person brought up Kevin Durant saying something along the lines of staying out of the spotlight and basketball 24/7 and whatever fluff piece that is published in the papers and phlysac exposed the fallacy in their statements. Young high profile athletes attend parties or hold them. They spend money and ball out. That was the point. No one was making a direct connection between Aldon Smith and Kevin Durant. That's a vision you created son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
stop knocking down strawmen, it's making you look illiterate.
Yeah, maybe I should stop cleaning up the messes around here. I knew I liked you.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-02-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
stop knocking down strawmen, it's making you look illiterate.
It's not a strawman, I totally think that some of the 9ers fans on here are homers because of the logical arguments they make...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
the mess? where one person made an unrelated comment that you decided to tie back into this bizarre meme of the poor, down-trodden 49ers fans? that's... er... cute. the 'woe is me' card is pathetic, and you should be ashamed of yourself for playing it.
My goodness your reading comprehension is awful. I've already explained why certain information was misconstrued and certain comparisons that were thought to be made in the first place weren't even made initially. Actually phlysac explained it better than I did. Maybe you should be ashamded for running in circles on something that isn't so complex to understand. Keep believing what you though brah.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-02-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
It's not a strawman, I totally think that some of the 9ers fans on here are homers because of the logical arguments they make...
At least you're honest about it. Don't quit your day job player.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Not every thread should have to turn into everyone vs. 49ers fans. I just wish they'd get the hint.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not every thread should have to turn into everyone vs. 49ers fans. I just wish they'd get the hint.
Says a Falcons fan...

Anyway, why does James Harden hate hats that fit?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote