Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Why is Lebron going to team up with superstars? What a cop-out."

"Why does Dwight want to go to the Nets? They suck."

-Same people
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Danny Ferry is a God, unloaded JJ's contract and finally found someone to take on Marvin and we get Devin Harris who is an expiring. C'mon throw Horford, Teague, John Jenkins, and expirings like Devin Harris, Farmar,etc, and whatever future picks they want. We have 2 first rounders next year alone we can send them. As long as we keep Josh and Morrow I'll be happy because with Dwight in the cards we can try to convince Chris Paul or James Harden to create a big 3 in ATL next summer.
Seriously, Danny Ferry just owned everyone.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hawks are going to buy Jordan Farmar out and save 2.75 million.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
The Hawks are going to buy Jordan Farmar out and save 2.75 million.
He should go back to the Lakers. Makes sense for the Hawks though to buy him out they have Teague and Harris no need for Farmar.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Danny Ferry is a God, unloaded JJ's contract and finally found someone to take on Marvin and we get Devin Harris who is an expiring. C'mon throw Horford, Teague, John Jenkins, and expirings like Devin Harris, Farmar,etc, and whatever future picks they want. We have 2 first rounders next year alone we can send them. As long as we keep Josh and Morrow I'll be happy because with Dwight in the cards we can try to convince Chris Paul or James Harden to create a big 3 in ATL next summer.
I really doubt CP3 leaves the Clips, but Harden is a possibility. You'll probably have to overpay him but it seems like you have to overpay everyone these days anyway.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I'm getting really nervous about these Batum rumors. I do like him but man would much rather give him 7 mill a year than the 11 that's being rumored.. Apparently it's down to us and Portland and a lot of people are saying they're going to match anything. Hope they're right.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't think the addition of Batum makes the Wolves a playoff team?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
JJ's contract is horrendous though

2012/2013: 19.7 mil
2013/2014: 21.4 mil
2014/2015: 23.1 mil
2015/2016: 24.9 mil

With that said respect to JJ, led the Hawks to 5 straight playoff appearances and 6 straight all star teams, I just dont think he's worth half of that money and it will get increasingly worse as he gets older.
Oh I know, but he's going to bring some excitement to the Nets. They're a contender to win the Atlantic if D-Will stays. The Nets are trying to sell Brooklyn and excitement. The team we've got, if D-Will stays, is a good and exciting team. It'd be cool to see the nets actually winning. Granted, by opting in, Dwight cost a team of him and D-Will and probably another good player via sign and trade with Bropez, but hey, what're you gonna do.

but my god, that contract is just awful. At least he's a good player, and it's not like he relies purely on athleticism. He's a smart player and good shooter. He'll obviously decline, but it won't be too, too bad I don't think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why not, only 24 mil on the books next year and only really Pekovic to resign, and you could decline Darko & Wesley Johnson's team options if you really wanted to

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

It might. Depending on how well Rubio comes back. I just think that's a lot of money for that type of player.

Then again I just went through the FA list looking for a cheaper SF that I would rather have and came up pretty empty....
Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason it didn't hit me until just now how complete and epic of a fucktard that Dwight is. How the **** did him picking up his option even happen. Seriously, wtf!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
It might. Depending on how well Rubio comes back. I just think that's a lot of money for that type of player.

Then again I just went through the FA list looking for a cheaper SF that I would rather have and came up pretty empty....
Exactly. What would you realistically be saving that money for anyway...

If I was a Wolves fan I'd just want that 7 or 8 seed so they get some playoff experience.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
For some reason it didn't hit me until just now how complete and epic of a fucktard that Dwight is. How the **** did him picking up his option even happen. Seriously, wtf!
I just want that stupid situation to end. It's bordering on Favreish.

And I maintain that the Clippers are stupid for not offering Griffin for him.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Broussard: Sources telling me not to be surprised if Nash is linked with Bobcats. They're making a strong push and are the major darkhorse in this situation

The Bobcats? Really?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Wow. So much for ring chasing.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Chris Broussard: Sources telling me not to be surprised if Nash is linked with Bobcats. They're making a strong push and are the major darkhorse in this situation

The Bobcats? Really?
I want to make a Fake Chris Broussard twitter account. I'd only update it with real news.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Wow. So much for ring chasing.
Nash has always said he doesn't care about winning a ring, and basically that money = respect. Us fans all want him to but it just isn't that important to him

Old 07-02-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta sent out $105+ million and took back $23.5 million. That man is Executive of the Year.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Dwight is handling his exit worse than Lebron and should get more flack for it.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Dragic to the Rockets seems unlikely. He is leaving town and going to see Phoenix next.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ckets-unlikely
Old 07-02-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nash offered 2 years, $12M by Suns.

http://arizonasports.com/41/1556953/...ars-12-million

Say bye bye.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

More Suns News:

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

Suns having dinner with Eric Gordon right now. Phx is considering offering him max deal (4 years, $58 million), sources say
Old 07-02-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

interesting Nets/Dwight article for those interested. kind of outlines how the current scenario for New Jersey may be a good thing, albiet tricky. link
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nash offered 2 years, $12M by Suns.

http://arizonasports.com/41/1556953/...ars-12-million

Say bye bye.
I have to wait for that story to be confirmed because I find it beyond idiotic and disrespectful if they did, if this was really their offer it would be more respectful to tell him that they are moving on for youth instead of offering him that.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

most people are saying we haven't made an offer