Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Says a Falcons fan...

Anyway, why does James Harden hate hats that fit?
Of the top of my head I can't think of a thread where it turned into Falcons fans vs. all recently.

Last edited by Bulldogs : 07-02-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Bulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
If you throw a party and you get stabbed and two other people are shot, then you need to reexamine your life choices. You're probably doing something wrong. This shouldn't even be debatable.
Completely agree.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Not every thread should have to turn into everyone vs. 49ers fans. I just wish they'd get the hint.
This thread is about a 49ers player, correct? Few of the posts in here targeted any fans until you made your comment. It appears as if you were the one that started to storm. It wasn't 49ers fans defending Aldon Smith, comparing him to Durant. You made your comment, the ish hit the fan. Thank you for your understanding of the timetable. Appreciate it.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
This thread is about a 49ers player, correct? Few of the posts in here targeted any fans until you made your comment. It appears as if you were the one that started to storm. It wasn't 49ers fans defending Aldon Smith, comparing him to Durant. You made your comment, the ish hit the fan. Thank you for your understanding of the timetable. Appreciate it.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
God damn 49er's fans I tell ya....
Quote:
Not every thread should have to turn into everyone vs. 49ers fans. I just wish they'd get the hint.

7/10 troll job, would read again.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
he says, without the faintest trace of irony.

what circles am i running in, 'brah'? the parts of the thread i haven't participated in? weren't you *just* talking about reading comprehension? i called you out on a strawman and for whining in nearly every post. there's a reason i haven't called phlysac out on anything he's posted.
No the parts that you are having trouble understanding LOL. Yes you would be correct I was talking about your bad reading comprehension. All I did was support phlysac's points. Feel free to you know, actually point out what was strawman to you based on what I said (or what I you believed I was whining about in every post) instead of making a joke of a wisecrack as per usual. Can't wait for this response. Really, I'm on the edge of my seat...

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-03-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Says a Falcons fan...
Says a Packers fan...
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
again you talk about poor reading comprehension when you're not actually capable of reading the single sentence i quoted in my first post in this thread. "Stop making logical arguments. Apparently they're making 49ers fans look like homers." that's a strawman. no one was suggesting you were a homer because phlysac was making 'logical arguments', but you decided to torpedo the discussion by making up the position everyone else was taking, and arguing 'successfully' against it. further, you decided to torpedo it in the most pathetic way humanly possible, by playing at oppression ("Apparently they're making 49ers fans look like homers", on the off chance you're yet again incapable of locating your own post and would rather whine about how you never said posted anything except perfect arguments in phlysac's defense).
I
in the future, google works exceptionally well when you don't actually know what the words i'm using mean.

oh, right, in before another accusation that i can't read. no really, you're totally making that one work. if you just keep repeating it, someone, somewhere might actually believe it.
Post fail. Sorry you actually believe that was a strawman. Phlysac even queationed what you were implying with that very post. Maybe your sentence wasn't constructed well in the first place. My quote was directed towards a specfic post in not only this thread, but a couple others where 49ers fans have gotten into a tussle over certain issues resulting in the believe that there is a ridiculous bias for fans of the franchise. But right, running with a sacaristic remark based on what has been implied in this and other threads equals playing the victim card via strawman. I really feel ashamed. Your moral compass is really too overbearing for me. Stop it. No really stop. Sorry you were late to the party.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-03-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

That about sums it up.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Oh boy the sniping technique/taking things out of context. Wow njx9 you sure showed me. LOL I'll let you have this one, although I don't believe you actually believe what you're saying.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2012, 05:11 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aldon Smith
Jason Taylor
Charles Grant
Jason Hunter
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Banks
William Green
Geno Hayes
Nick Harper
Teyo Johnson
Roderick Green

Just those I remember in the last handful of years. I'm sure there have been more.
Aside from the remark you replied to, this is a weak list. Not in anyway similar to Aldon Smith. Charles Grant and Brandon Banks are only even remotely similar cases. Stabings of this nature, and people getting shot is not common among NFL players. That's more to the topic at hand.

Jason Taylor? Really? A legit victim who just so happened to be an NFL player? Taylor should not be grouped with the likes of Charles Grant and Aldon Smith. I understand that you want to somehow validate this incident, but if you're going to mention stabings, then you should probably make a list that is similar in nature to Smiths case. Charles Grant is the ONLY case that you mentioned that's similar.

Most of those stabings are domestic related incidents. A lot different than what happened here.

Quote:
This is precisely the point. I never compared the two as people. But your opinion of Durant's nightlife-style is ill-informed. Durant hosts parties at clubs regularly. I posted a video of one, and photos of several "Vizionary Villainz" was made light of earlier in the thread. One of Durant's many parties was titled "Hennessy presents Xpensive Habits." It's a cultural phenomenon of money and club atmosphere. These celebrities actually make money representing brands while partying. Many, many, many successful athletes throw parties. Sadly, many NFL players also get stabbed. To assume the "type" of person someone is because of these things is terribly naive.

The only thing that can be inferred is that "better" decisions can be made.
You took my comment too literally. It's a joke that Durant has been brought up. My opinion on Durants life style is not ill informed. I don't party with him or play hide the pickle with him. Clearly you do since you know everything about these players lives.

Being naive isnt really my issue. Have you ever met a smartass? I'll give you time to google the **** out of "smartass" and tell me everything there is to know about smartasses. Maybe you can generate a list of notorious smartasses. I'll give a name search to help facilitate your listology: Rodney Dangerfield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 07-05-2012 at 05:32 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:21 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Aside from the remark you replied to, this is a weak list. Not in anyway similar to Aldon Smith. Charles Grant and Brandon Banks are only even remotely similar cases. Stabings of this nature, and people getting shot is not common among NFL players. That's more to the topic at hand.

Jason Taylor? Really? A legit victim who just so happened to be an NFL player? Taylor should not be grouped with the likes of Charles Grant and Aldon Smith. I understand that you want to somehow validate this incident, but if you're going to mention stabings, then you should probably make a list that is similar in nature to Smiths case. Charles Grant is the ONLY case that you mentioned that's similar.

Most of those stabings are domestic related incidents. A lot different than what happened here.

You took my comment too literally. It's a joke that Durant has been brought up. My opinion on Durants life style is not ill informed. I don't party with him or play hide the pickle with him. Clearly you do since you know everything about these players lives.

Being naive isnt really my issue. Have you ever met a smartass? I'll give you time to google the **** out of "smartass" and tell me everything there is to know about smartasses. Maybe you can generate a list of notorious smartasses. I'll give a name search to help facilitate your listology: Rodney Dangerfield.
I actually only listed players who'd been stabbed. Any other correlation was done by you.

Took your comment literally? Sorry, I'm a fan of having accountability for the words a person uses. Why would one speak figuratively just to argue?

Because you're a smartass? Congratulations. I'm glad you find enjoyment in picking arguments on an internet message board simply because you are one. Well played.

"Hide the pickle?" Really? Yeah, I have no need to continue in banter with such obvious childishness.

You won. You're a bigger smartass than me, and I'm far too literal. I'll go cry now.

Last edited by phlysac : 07-05-2012 at 07:24 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the love of God man.

Why is this constantly happening?
Old 07-05-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually only listed players who'd been stabbed. Any other correlation was done by you.

Took your comment literally? Sorry, I'm a fan of having accountability for the words a person uses. Why would one speak figuratively just to argue?

Because you're a smartass? Congratulations. I'm glad you find enjoyment in picking arguments on an internet message board simply because you are one. Well played.

"Hide the pickle?" Really? Yeah, I have no need to continue in banter with such obvious childishness.

You won. You're a bigger smartass than me, and I'm far too literal. I'll go cry now.
You are doing the correlating. You are replying in a topic where an NFL player was stabbed at party, and where people were also shot. Shot with real guns and real bullets. Any type of response is going to be affiliated with this story. Some will be off topic, poorly thought out ideas and others will be on topic, accurately or poorly thought out ideas on this subject matter.

Somehow you felt the need to post pics and links to Kevin Durant drinking and hosting party's. You felt the need to make him comparable to Aldon Smith. Saying you weren't comparing the two is a joke. Durant being brought up was not necessary (poorly thought out). You furthering the Durant discussion and attempting to paint him in a negative light was even worse (vastly off topic in an attempt to shift the discussion from the DBag to Durant). This is how it sounds: "Kevin Durant parties too!!! He gets ****** up, spends money and parties like Aldon Smith does!!! Don't believe the fluff pieces that he plays video games with kids!!!!! They're not true!!!!"

This is why I took exception to your posts and made a comment about Durant being a nerd, and advising that the two should not be compared until Durant throws a party where his posse is shooting people. It's why others said the two should not be compared. You compared them. You showed videos and posted pictures. You did that. No one else did.

Then you made another poor attempt of validating Smith by saying a great number of NFL players get stabbed. You listed a bunch of players, mostly who were stabbed by their own wives / girlfriends, in an attempt to paint NFL players as targets when they party. Again, this is a direct correlation done by you. What is the need for Jason Taylor to be brought up in a thread about Aldon Smith getting stabbed at a party he threw where people were also shot? Talking out the other side of your mouth and saying, "Well, I'm not comparing them but these guys got stabbed too." It's ********. None of them need to be mentioned. It is besides the point, completely off topic and an utter waste of time. It makes you sound like a homer.
Quote:
Quote:
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Quote:
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 07-05-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
You are doing the correlating. You are replying in a topic where an NFL player was stabbed at party, and where people were also shot. Shot with real guns and real bullets. Any type of response is going to be affiliated with this story. Some will be off topic, poorly thought out ideas and others will be on topic, accurately or poorly thought out ideas on this subject matter.

Somehow you felt the need to post pics and links to Kevin Durant drinking and hosting party's. You felt the need to make him comparable to Aldon Smith. Saying you weren't comparing the two is a joke. Durant being brought up was not necessary (poorly thought out). You furthering the Durant discussion and attempting to paint him in a negative light was even worse (vastly off topic in an attempt to shift the discussion from the DBag to Durant). This is how it sounds: "Kevin Durant parties too!!! He gets ****** up, spends money and parties like Aldon Smith does!!! Don't believe the fluff pieces that he plays video games with kids!!!!! They're not true!!!!"

This is why I took exception to your posts and made a comment about Durant being a nerd, and advising that the two should not be compared until Durant throws a party where his posse is shooting people. It's why others said the two should not be compared. You compared them. You showed videos and posted pictures. You did that. No one else did.

Then you made another poor attempt of validating Smith by saying a great number of NFL players get stabbed. You listed a bunch of players, mostly who were stabbed by their own wives / girlfriends, in an attempt to paint NFL players as targets when they party. Again, this is a direct correlation done by you. What is the need for Jason Taylor to be brought up in a thread about Aldon Smith getting stabbed at a party he threw where people were also shot? Talking out the other side of your mouth and saying, "Well, I'm not comparing them but these guys got stabbed too." It's ********. None of them need to be mentioned. It is besides the point, completely off topic and an utter waste of time. It makes you sound like a homer.
Is there a link that shows that any member of Aldon Smith's "posse" were the one's committing violent acts? If there is, I am interested, and Smith accountability becomes much more significant.

A comment was made that Durant is "basketball 24/7" - FALSE, I proved that.

I said "sadly many NFL players get stabbed" - TRUE, I proved that.

I didn't make correlations. I type precisely what I mean. I make "literal" representations. Any figurative correlations, assumptions of a person's character, categorization of a team's fan-base, etc, was done by others.

If you would like to find any where in this thread that I...

A) Defended Aldon Smith's behavior as being anything other than a poor decision.
B) Bashed Kevin Durant for anything he has ever done.
C) Bashed another team's fanbase.

Last edited by phlysac : 07-05-2012 at 06:44 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

He wasn't comparing Durant to Smith. The conversation shifted when someone randomly starting talking about Kevin Durant and the lifestyle he leads, as in he only focuses on basketball all the time. phlysac proved that wasn't the case. Pointing that out isn't making a comparison between the two people.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a dummy. Maybe now he'll keep body guards around, when he goes to parties.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
What a dummy. Maybe now he'll keep body guards around, when he goes to parties.
Smith did the right thing in trying to stop a fight at his own house. I'm just glad he didn't get shot. What he need to do in the future is think about hiring some security at his own house if he's going to have a party. Even a doorman or two would make sure a couple of people with guns don't get in.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Classic NFLDC, arguments completely off-base from what the thread is about.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
For the love of God man.

Why is this constantly happening?
if you mean the 9er fans getting defensive, I think njx handled that well.

if you mean the stabbing, you take people who had rough up bringings, largely guided through school based on their athletic prowess rather than actual academics, give them a ton of money....

there are a ton of athletes who come from nothing and dont get in trouble. a lot of them managed to actually take advantage and get a real education.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

Quote:
Is there a link that shows that any member of Aldon Smith's "posse" were the one's committing violent acts? If there is, I am interested, and Smith accountability becomes much more significant.

A comment was made that Durant is "basketball 24/7" - FALSE, I proved that.

THANK GOD!!! EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM NEEDED TO KNOW THAT KEVIN DURANT DOESN'T PLAY BASKETBALL 24/7. GREAT JOB PROVING THAT GUY WRONG. I BET HE FEELS LIKE A TOTAL LOSER.

YOU GET MY POINT? YOU GOT DEFENSIVE BECAUSE IT WAS IMPLIED THAT DURANT IS A GOOD ROLE MODEL (I.E. A SUPERSTAR PLAYER WHO STAYS OUT OF TROUBLE) AND ALDON SMITH WASN'T. YOU COULD HAVE PROVEN WHY DURANT ISN'T "BASKETBALL 24/7" IN A MYRIAD OF WAYS (WHY YOU WOULD WANT TO DO THAT IS BEYOND ME, BUT YOU WILLING ASSUMED A CHALLENGE THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY).

YOU COULD HAVE SHOWN A PICTURE OF DURANT SLEEPING, SHOWERING OR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES WITH LITTLE KIDS. DID YOU? CERTAINLY NOT. YOU SHOWED HIM PARTYING AND GETTING DRUNK IN A NIGHTCLUB ... BECAUSE IT WAS RELATED (KEY WORK THERE) TO THIS TOPIC. THEREFORE, YOU RELATED THE TWO (DURANT AND SMITH) AND COMPARED THE TWO. YOU SHOWED THAT DURANT IS LIKE ALDON SMITH. THAT'S WHAT YOU TRIED TO DO. YOU ARE BIASED, AND IT SHOWS WITH THE HIGH NUMBER OF POSTS YOU MADE IN THIS THREAD. MOST POSTS YOU'VE MADE ARE ARGUMENTATIVE WITH SOMETHING (ANYTHING) OTHER THAN THE TOPIC AT HAND. YOU TOOK EXCEPTION TO A KEVIN DURANT COMMENT AND TWISTED IT INTO SOMETHING THAT IT WASN'T MEANT TO MEAN.

I said "sadly many NFL players get stabbed" - TRUE, I proved that.

THE MAJORITY OF THOSE INCIDENTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NFL PLAYERS GETTING STABBED AT A PARTY THEY THREW, AND PEOPLE AT SAID PARTY GETTING SHOT. IF YOU WANTED TO SAY THAT THIS CASE WAS SIMILAR TO CHARLES GRANT'S CASE, THEN THAT WOULD BE PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE. SINCE BOTH GRANT'S CASE AND THIS CASE, SHARE NUMEROUS SIMILARITIES. GRANT'S CASE WAS A LITTLE MORE SEVERE, BUT THAT TENDS TO BE A GOOD POSSIBILITY WHEN PEOpLE ACT LIKE HALF ******** ANIMALS AND START SHOOTING EACH OTHER AFTER A GOOD FIGHT / STABBING.

I didn't make correlations. I type precisely what I mean. I make "literal" representations. Any figurative correlations, assumptions of a person's character, categorization of a team's fan-base, etc, was done by others.

WRONG. YOU MAKE BIASED REMARKS. YOU COULD HAVE SAID NUMEROUS COMMENTS ABOUT ALDON SMITH BEING IN THE WRONG AND SIMPLY LEFT IT AT THAT, BUT PEOPLE STARTED CALLING HIM A DBAG. YOU DIDN'T MUCH LIKE THAT SO YOU ARGUED ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE ... LIKE HOW KEVIN DURANT DOESN'T PLAY BASKETBALL 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK. MOST PEOPLE DON'T NEED TO BE TOLD "FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING" AFTER EVERY COMMENT THAT OBVIOUSLY ISN'T MEANT TO BE TAKEN LITERAL.

If you would like to find any where in this thread that I...

A) Defended Aldon Smith's behavior as being anything other than a poor decision.
B) Bashed Kevin Durant for anything he has ever done.
C) Bashed another team's fanbase.

YOU IMPLIED ALL OF THE ABOVE IN ALL YOUR POSTS. YOU ARE BIASED AND HAVE GOTTEN DEFENSIVE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
He wasn't comparing Durant to Smith. The conversation shifted when someone randomly starting talking about Kevin Durant and the lifestyle he leads, as in he only focuses on basketball all the time. phlysac proved that wasn't the case. Pointing that out isn't making a comparison between the two people.
THANK YOU, PARROT. GO BACK TO POSTING PICTURES OF HOT GIRLS. PLEASE. THAT YOU ARE GOOD AT, AND IT ISN'T NEARLY AS ANNOYING.

AS FOR ALDON SMITH:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BigBanger : 07-05-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I actually made several comments not defending him. I guess, in order to not be labeled biased, would be for me to actively bash him. I tend to not do that to any player, 49er or not...

Quote:
He might be a douche. He might not. I don't know how the video should be the determining factor.
Quote:
He's smart enough/fortunate enough to stay out of trouble.
Quote:
I have no problem with it. At the same time I'm not defending Aldon Smith. I just know that the media certainly do paint a picture of what type of lifestyle certain players live, and they're rarely accurate.
Quote:
The only thing that can be inferred is that "better" decisions can be made.
Quote:
Absolutely agree.

My point is that a HUGE number of athletes either throw and/or attend these parties/clubs. They do it quite regularly. They work hard, they play hard. We only ever hear about it when something unfortunate happens.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my favorite part is the taking the basketball 24/7 literally.....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
my favorite part is the taking the basketball 24/7 literally.....
I might as well post a picture of him eating dinner with friends, clearly he's not focusing on basketball.