Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-04-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Top comedies:
1. Parks and Rec
2. Happy Endings
3. Community
4. Reruns of the shows listed above
5. The League
I didn't put Happy Endings on my list because I did an all time list, but if I did a current show list it would definitely be top 5.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder why people hate BBT so much (with the exception of the laugh track which can get annoying)

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I wonder why people hate BBT so much (with the exception of the laugh track which can get annoying)
The writers brothed up the premise.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably because it isn't funny.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

1. Arrested Development
2 through 10. Other shows
Precisely.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because just like Two and a Half Men, a person with some level of intelligence can only be subjected to the same damn joke so many times before they throw themself over the edge of a cliff.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Psych is far and away the most overrated show on this board, even with APS calling IASIP the best comedy ever. I also feel the people who like that show are the ones harping on IASIP, maybe there is a correlation there or something idk. My list (Mostly current)

1. The Walking Dead
2. Arrested development
3. Parks and Rec
4. Community
5. Its always sunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Psych is far and away the most overrated show on this board, even with APS calling IASIP the best comedy ever. I also feel the people who like that show are the ones harping on IASIP, maybe there is a correlation there or something idk. My list (Mostly current)

1. The Walking Dead
2. Arrested development
3. Parks and Rec
4. Community
5. Its always sunny

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Probably because it isn't funny.
This. So this.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post

1. The Walking Dead
2. Arrested development
3. Parks and Rec
4. Community
5. Its always sunny
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is everyone missing The Simpsons on purpose?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My list:

1. Seinfeld
2. Simpsons
3. Dick Van Dyke Show
4. Get Smart
5. Mash

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-04-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
My list:

1. Seinfeld
2. Simpsons
3. Dick Van Dyke Show
4. Get Smart
5. Mash

You're like 27 Zak, the latter three shows absolutely pale in comparison to modern day comedies. This isn't movies, TV sucked ass until the 80s.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-04-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No. I still watch those show and they are very funny. You guys are just small minded.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-04-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Do not **** on Get Smart. I love that show. And I used to watch Laugh In when it was on Nick at Nite.

Jesus Brody, there are good shows that started airing before 1995. Expand your mind a little bit. JEEZ. amirite GF?!

Old 07-04-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

No, they're bland and play it safe shows. They're not in the same league as Parks and Rec, Community, Office pre meltdown, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Archer, Beavis and Butthead, Futurama, South Park, Scrubs, It's Always Sunny, Happy Endings, Louie, American Dad, The Critic, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Clerks cartoon, Party Down, Cougar Town, Psych, Undeclared, The Venture Brothers, Friends, Frasier, How I Met Your Mother, The Larry Sanders Show, Malcolm in the Middle, Modern Family, Reaper...

I could go on for days.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-04-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Reaper is a comedy now?

Old 07-04-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Do not **** on Get Smart. I love that show. And I used to watch Laugh In when it was on Nick at Nite.

Jesus Brody, there are good shows that started airing before 1995. Expand your mind a little bit. JEEZ. amirite GF?!
I know this. Simpsons, Twin Peaks, Wonder Years, The Twilight Zone, The Prisoner, Batman: The Animated Series, half of the Nick lineup were all pretty solid.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 07-04-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Reaper is a comedy now?
I was iffy on that one, but still.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-04-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Twilight Zone is so good.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Because just like Two and a Half Men, a person with some level of intelligence can only be subjected to the same damn joke so many times before they throw themself over the edge of a cliff.
I disagree every show I've ever seen is formulaic to a certain extent. Even the greatest shows recycle jokes with new interchangeable parts. Psyche is one of the worst offenders of this but it doesn't get half the criticism that BBT gets.

While brody's critique is 100% accurate I don't think they would have lasted this long if they went with the same premise this long eventually they had to move the story along.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MASH is awesome.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Modern Family is terrible now. Had one good year unfortunately.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-04-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

Small minded folk.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-04-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Small minded folk.
Nothing ever happens on The Dick Van Dyke show, it is the safest and most plain show with zero intricacies. Twin Peaks was the model for modern television, because they introduced an arc and kept with it.

RIP TheManInBlack