Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-11-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how much this will really matter, but Mindy Kaling is leaving The Office to go to Fox where she wrote/co-created a pilot that was picked up. It was originally in the development slate at NBC, but they passed and let her take it to Fox. I know her character was never huge, but I don't know what kind of writing she did for the show in the past.

Maybe it will improve the show, but the pilot she took to Fox is one of the hottest of the year so who knows.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting what they do with Ryan's character now that Kelly will be leaving.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Episodes Mindy wrote for the Office: (from wikipedia)
"Hot Girl" (April 26, 2005) - Season 1
"The Dundies" (September 20, 2005) - Season 2
"The Injury" (January 12, 2006) - Season 2
"Take Your Daughter to Work Day" (March 16, 2006) - Season 2
"Diwali" (November 2, 2006) - Season 3
"Ben Franklin" (February 1, 2007) - Season 3
"Branch Wars" (November 1, 2007) - Season 4
"Night Out" (April 24, 2008) - Season 4
"Frame Toby" (November 20, 2008) - Season 5
"Lecture Circuit: Part 1" (February 5, 2009) - Season 5
"Lecture Circuit: Part 2" (February 12, 2009) - Season 5
"Golden Ticket" (March 12, 2009) - Season 5
"Niagara" co-written with Greg Daniels (October 8, 2009) - Season 6
"Secret Santa" (December 10, 2009) - Season 6
"The Manager and the Salesman" (February 11, 2010) - Season 6
"Secretary's Day" (April 22, 2010) - Season 6
"The Sting" (October 21, 2010) - Season 7
"Classy Christmas" (December 9, 2010) - Season 7
"Michael's Last Dundies" (April 21, 2011) - Season 7
"Christmas Wishes" (December 9, 2011) - Season 8
"Test the Store" (March 9, 2012) - Season 8

Some great episodes there. Definitely a big loss to the Office's writing staff.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't love last night's episode. And I really hate that they are keeping Catherine Tate in. Does NBC think people actually like her because I haven't heard anyone say they like her at all.

The Mindy Kaling episode are kind of hit and miss with me. Golden Ticket is one of my favorites and Night Out is great too. But The Lecture Circuit episodes, Dawali, Michael's Last Dundies, and Classy Christmas are pretty weak. And the Jim-Pam wedding is probably one of my five least favorite episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God ******* damn it, they're keeping Catherine Tate.

I just watched the episode. Andy is such a dumbfuck character.

Not happy about how this appears to be headed. David Wallace better be a regular presence on the show. He's the man.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I didn't love last night's episode. And I really hate that they are keeping Catherine Tate in. Does NBC think people actually like her because I haven't heard anyone say they like her at all.

The Mindy Kaling episode are kind of hit and miss with me. Golden Ticket is one of my favorites and Night Out is great too. But The Lecture Circuit episodes, Dawali, Michael's Last Dundies, and Classy Christmas are pretty weak. And the Jim-Pam wedding is probably one of my five least favorite episodes.
False. Classy Christmas was ******* awesome.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a surprise, but the Office was picked up for its ninth season.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that was a painful episode to finish.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Son of a mother ******:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/06/cathe...s-regular.html
Old 06-03-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She must give a hell of a blowjob

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Early character descriptions for the Schrute family in the spin off:

http://tvline.com/2012/06/29/office-...-farm-casting/
Old 07-04-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clark Duke joining the cast as a regular. Could be an underated move.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Yeah, but B.J. Novak is gonna be scaling back as an actor and likely not to write or direct any more episodes. That's not a good trade-off.

They really should have given him the showrunner gig instead of those other dudes.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather they just end it gracefully at this point. I still love most of what they are putting out, but I don't want it to end ugly.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Just when I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'd rather they just end it gracefully at this point. I still love most of what they are putting out, but I don't want it to end ugly.
It's already ugly. I don't want it to end because I still enjoy half the episodes. A rocky couple seasons at the end won't tarnish the show's excellent early years. A person could reasonably partition off the post-Carell episodes and ignore them.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still one of the better shows on TV

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Set aside whatever you think of the quality of the show — NBC needs The Office because it still draws the biggest ratings of any of its shows. Without The Office, even with its lessened quality, shows like Parks and Rec and 30 Rock would not be able to stay afloat.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Last season of The Office:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/21/the-office-season-9/
Old 08-21-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Kind of sad but I'm glad they'll be wrapping it up this year. I am excited to see how everything plays out.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As one of my favorite shows I am glad to see it end. It was getting to the point of not really bringing anything worth while to the table.

Hopefully this doesn't hurt the other NBC comedies that were relying on The Office to help bring in viewers.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I always like when shows know the end date well in advance, though. They should be able to cook up a suitable run of episodes leading to the end (and a Michael Scott cameo).

Despite its serious decline last season, I'm still looking forward to this last season. New blood running the show. A few new characters that aren't in primary roles could be a good thing.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

More details emerging: http://www.officetally.com/the-offic...n-9#more-32363

SCRANTON STRANGLER REVEALED!

And they'll address the documentary crew.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There should definitely be a Michael Scott wedding episode sometime this season. The final episode should be Jim either being promoted to Regional Manger or finally leaving for a better job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I would love to see a Micheal cameo as well.