Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-05-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's good to know that we'll be solid at CB for the foreseeable future. Web has 2 years left in the tank, Thomas should be fine if that ACL heals up, and Prince and Hosely make a great future 2 and 3 for us.

My concern is the state of our safeties if we can't re-sign Kenny. Rolle has a big contract and could be on the chopping block or asked to restructure his contract, and Kenny's contract is coming up.

With so many contracts coming up, 1 or both could be collateral damage. And if that happens, our safety duo which I beileve is top 3 in the league, becomes very mediocre very quickly.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm curious to see if Adrian Tracy can replace Tolly. Supposedly they're moving him back to DE.

I liked Tracy. I thought he was a solid player who missed out on the roster bc of the #s game. He's good enough to be on a 53 man roster. Now as a DE, maybe he can give us what Tolly gave us. If he can give us good special teams play and 3 sacks on the season, that's good enough.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our secondary depth is going to take a big hit. I want to hear about extensions to our good young players.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm curious to see if Adrian Tracy can replace Tolly. Supposedly they're moving him back to DE.

I liked Tracy. I thought he was a solid player who missed out on the roster bc of the #s game. He's good enough to be on a 53 man roster. Now as a DE, maybe he can give us what Tolly gave us. If he can give us good special teams play and 3 sacks on the season, that's good enough.
I've been saying this for awhile but I think Trattou replaces Wosi. Not only because they're both white.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-05-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Our secondary depth is going to take a big hit. I want to hear about extensions to our good young players.
Depth in the secondary is all about youth though. Speed, speed, speed. If we keep our core 3-4 guys together, we can build the depth through the draft and hope some of those young guys can give us quality depth for the duration of their rookie deals.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think Tracy will stick, he is a natural pass rusher and at least in college had proven ability to get to the QB, plus Fewell and co have made a big deal about his strength and power this offseason. I think he will be more natural at DE.
He also offers good specials ability and versatility. He is one of the few guys who may be able to do some of the things Kiwi does in that hybrid role.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Arrow

Quote:
It's good to know that we'll be solid at CB for the foreseeable future. Web has 2 years left in the tank, Thomas should be fine if that ACL heals up, and Prince and Hosely make a great future 2 and 3 for us.

My concern is the state of our safeties if we can't re-sign Kenny. Rolle has a big contract and could be on the chopping block or asked to restructure his contract, and Kenny's contract is coming up.

With so many contracts coming up, 1 or both could be collateral damage. And if that happens, our safety duo which I beileve is top 3 in the league, becomes very mediocre very quickly.
I agree. To be honest, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if we addressed safety in the draft next year (that safety class seems to have some depth)

But we do have options. If Prince and/or Hosely emerge we could move Thomad to safety.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next years class seems to be deep at DE and S which is nice since I think they will be our only needs on D, unless we bring back KP(which I REALLY hope we do). I just want to get more depth in the trenches next off-season. Give me a blue-chip hard working OT or C, a pass-rushing DE to learn from Tuck and give us our depth since we'll lose Osi, and give me some DT depth unless Austin shows something and Linval beasts it. I really like the 2 Texas A&M OTs, Fluker, Faulk, Barrett Jones, and the kid from Virginia at OL. I also love the DEs, mainly the kids from Texas along with the kids at Florida State.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I want a damn linebacker. Keuchly was my wet dream, but it didn't happen.

If we get a chance to get a stud ILB, I want us to pull the trigger. LB coverage is so vital in today's game with so many spread offenses.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't think it was possible by Toomer is getting himself in the Tiki barber category of saying things that could possibly bite him in the buttock!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I don't really care about it. Toomer is trying to get headlines to create buzz for his broadcasting career.

And I prefer the media to doubt the Giants/players. They play better that way.

Eli doesn't have to do anything for anyone. Just keep winning.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I absolutely hate to rush the summer but I need my football fix. Camps can't open soon enough.

Keith Rivers is going to be one of th best surprises for us this year also. If we stay healthy I expect big things from this team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Rueben Randle.

I'm tellin ya. Beast. Just watch.

I actually am not impressed with Rivers. Just watching some of his highlights over the past 2 years on youtube, he seemed pretty awful. Bad instincts, poor tackling, he doesn't attack gaps, soft, didn't shed blocks well. He just looked like he sucked to be honest.

I hear he's tearing it up for us, but I'm weary of TC hype. Funny I say that then hype up Randle right?

*shrug*
Old 07-17-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm holding off on Randle until I see him in preseason. Rivers I have a good feeling about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-17-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I hope Rivers can play MIKE. I really want to see Jacquan on the outside. I think he's going to be a beast. Tons of potential there. He's an absolute force as a blitzer.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think Blackburn and Herzlich are going to have Mike duties. After that I think Fewell is going to have a ton of different sets for the LB's and we'll probably go light on 3 S set this year. We're going to rotate our LB's a good deal just like we do with the D-Line depending on down and distance. I'm very high on Williams. I just can't state enough that this team has me really really excited.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-17-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

This is our most talented team since 86. Now does that mean we can repeat? No, it's SO hard to repeat that I'm not expecting it. But this is, on paper, our best team in almost 20 years.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Also, rotating LBs...I'm not sure how I feel about it. I want us to use 4 LBs and just go with them. LBs need to get a feel for the game. Rotating them in and out, they never get that. Route combinations, how the OC is trying to set up the defense with his playcalling, tendencies of the players, all of that is learned throughout the game and LBs need reps to get that feel. They also need to feel each other out. That comes with practice and reps together. Especially in zone defense, chemistry with your teammates in zone is critical.

That's why I hope we have 2 LBs we use always in nickel, 3 we always use always in base, and 1 guy as our primary sub.

That's my preference. The depth will showcase itself throughout the season due to injuries which are unavoidable, but to start the season, I'd like a solid unit.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
This is our most talented team since 86. Now does that mean we can repeat? No, it's SO hard to repeat that I'm not expecting it. But this is, on paper, our best team in almost 20 years.
Absolutely agree. We are better than the 2008 team everywhere except for O-Line.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-17-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah OL is the only concern for me. It's a big concern though.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point Jacquain is basically what Grant was regarding speed and size. He's a better blitzer, probably worse in coverage, but he does give us a bison linebacker type. I agree with you all, I loved his tape and thought he was perfect for us. I was so surprised that we found someone with that ability and we should probably thank our scouts on that one.

Our OL is worse than 2008, but if you look at how the game has transformed, it really isn't comparable. OL's value has went down. Quicker release, more WR, better schemes have allowed for this. I am anxious to see Wilson in action, I really like Lamar Miller, but Wilson might be a better fit for the NFL.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I had Wilson as my #2 rated RB, so I'm happy with Wilson. He obviously wasn't my first choice bc I believe in getting RBs later in the draft, but hopefully it works out.

Jacquain has gained weight too. He's a healthy size for a LB now, and he's still fast as lightning and strong for his size. We got a keeper in him. He's going to be Boley's replacement in a year or 2. What a find.

Now in a perfect world, Herzlich will regain form and our LB core will actually be a strength not a weakness, but I just dont see that happening. I'm rooting for it though.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

At worst this year our LB corps will be average. They are an underrated group at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That has me thinking:

I wonder how many of our current starters will still be on the roster 3 years from now.

LE: Tuck
NT:
UT: Austin?
RE: JPP

WILL: Williams
MIKE: ?
SAM: ?

FS: Kenny?
SS: ?

CB: Thomas
CB: Prince
CB: Hosley

I think we lose Kiwi, Osi, we may lose Joseph, probably lose Rolle, Boley, definitely lose Chase, and probably lose Webster. We're deep at CB so we won't miss a beat there, I'm hoping we keep Kenny which will make our Safety situation look a lot better, and we'll have to replenish our dline again bc Kiwi and Osi are both gone in 2 years.

Offensively, as long as we keep Eli, Nicks, and Cruz, I could care less who else we lose. The whole OL needs to be redone anyway, our TE situation is what it is, RBs are dime a dozen, so that's whatever.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
At worst this year our LB corps will be average. They are an underrated group at this point.
We're deep. The question is the quality at the top, how good is it?

I think we're very talented and deep on the outside. Middle backer is the real question mark.