Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do you always assume people haven't seen players they're referencing actually....PLAY???

You said how many times was Elway leading back the Broncos from huge point deficits their defense gave up?? 35 and 45 points??? NEVER.
THe Broncos got rolled in the SBs, but they hardly ever gave up that many points in the regular season during the 1980s.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
tremendous contribution.
Oh sorry I didn't know I had a job to do. My bad.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 07-07-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've spent entirely too much time thinking about this over the past couple of days, and I think that Jeff George is an okay top-ten pick. I remember him being pretty good when he wasn't busy being a head-case.

Going just off memory, I really think I'd take a healthy Chris Chandler over George or Cunningham. That guy is one of the underrated QBs of the decade.

Last edited by WCH : 07-07-2012 at 10:44 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I've spent entirely too much time thinking about this over the past couple of days, and I think that Jeff George is an okay top-ten pick. I remember him being pretty good when he wasn't busy being a head-case.

Going just off memory, I really think I'd take a healthy Chris Chandler over George or Cunningham. That guy is one of the underrated QBs of the decade.
Ron Meyer should have given him more of a look in 1990 instead of trading Rison and G Chris Hinton with draft picks to Atlanta for the right to take George. The Colts drafted him in Round 3 in 1988, and gave up on him too soon.

On the NFL Top 10 draft trade show, Meyer said that you have to have a QB, but he didn't seem to realize that you need a team just as much, if not more. He should have traded away Eric Dickerson for a draft choice or two(ED was in another contract dispute), drafted Rodney Hampton or Emmitt Smith, and developed Chris Chandler.
7DnBrnc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still say that before Shanahan arrived, Elway was a great playmaker playing the QB position. He wasn't a classic dropback signal caller, nor was he a typical out-of-the-pocket mobile QB.

You take Elway off those early Denver SB teams, and they would struggle to win 6 games.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those 1997 and 1998 Broncos teams won because they could pound the rock, they had a great QB who could threaten vertically if they stacked the box with playmakers all around, plus a defense that caused turnovers. Complete team.
That offense was a freakin machine. Could run, and had 2 good WR's plus a HOF TE behind a superb OL and a HOF QB. It wasn't JUST Davis, it wasn't just Elway, it wasn't just the OL.
Key point is the Broncos-Falcons Super Bowl, Elway throws a rope to Rod Smith early in the game, turns into an 80 yard TD. Really set the tone for that game.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cold Hard Football Facts posted this on facebook earlier today:

Quote:
Secret to success for '98 NFC champ Dirty Bird @Atlanta_Falcons: QB Chris Chandler AWESOME 9.65 YPA, No. 2 pass season of SB Era!
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote