Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Less speculation about the setup more talk about strategy

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, probably overthinking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There isn't a ton of strategy to day one unless somebody screws up. Unless killing inactives counts as strategy. I just hope we don't have any though.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About your strategy Renji, trying to get the power roles to come out early is usually viewed as a mafia move. But for a mafia member to come out on the first day like that would be a pretty brazen move. I don't know if anyone will come out as a power role, but for now, I think we can trust you.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 07-09-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well the clue is not to come out as the exact role you are but going with just "night action" basically

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we only need one of the roles you mentioned for your plan to work? Or all three?
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not like your strategy at all GOW. Caddy is on to something when he says he dies first night when he is good and to watch him. I die first night when I am good all the time as well so I watching me would not be a good strategy (because I am good). What if SBH or like Forenci comes out as having investigative powers? There is zero chance they would have been targeted but now we waste protection or watch on them? It is just too early. With no role revealing it is also a great way for a mafia to try and draw watch/protect away from good. I know if I were evil I would jump all over your plan and claim I have investigative powers.

At this point I am sort of leaning towards no lynch just because I know I have a role that I have never seen before and I am sure quite a few others do as well. I just don't see us nabbing a mafia day one.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Do we only need one of the roles you mentioned for your plan to work? Or all three?
I think if an investigator and a watcher came out, that would be sufficient. The watcher could watch the investigator. If he is targeted by one person and doesn't die, it is likely the protector. If he is targeted by two people, one of those is likely the killer. Not sure if I think we should do this, but it's good to talk about at least.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I think if an investigator and a watcher came out, that would be sufficient. The watcher could watch the investigator. If he is targeted by one person and doesn't die, it is likely the protector. If he is targeted by two people, one of those is likely the killer. Not sure if I think we should do this, but it's good to talk about at least.
See that is the problem though. Great way for a protector to die early. No way of telling who to protect without role revealing, the mafia will totally get in on the action as well. It would be ballsy by them but it is the perfect way to cause chaos. I just see it causing more problems than it solves.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see your strategy being planned but I would like to mention exercise caution with role revealing. We instituted that rule for a reason and are going to be enforcing it quite strictly.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would we get this information from these roles because once they come and then start providing us with information, aren't they sitting ducks? Assuming we only have 1 protector.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well I don't think this plan is particularly good, most for the reasons that Gonzo outlined. if one of those roles is someone that tends to fly low, you paint that person with a bullseye for the mafia when they would otherwise go unnoticed.

not to mention the fact that at this point anyone could claim the role and our protector could end up targeting a mafia player night after night without realizing.

on top of that, whoever claims one of those roles will be an immediate target of suspicion for the exact reason that anybody could claim it. if they fail to bring back results (say, due to a role block) then they might be viewed as a faker. it would be an easy setup for the mafia to get rid of a town member by turning the town against them.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
well I don't think this plan is particularly good, most for the reasons that Gonzo outlined. if one of those roles is someone that tends to fly low, you paint that person with a bullseye for the mafia when they would otherwise go unnoticed.

not to mention the fact that at this point anyone could claim the role and our protector could end up targeting a mafia player night after night without realizing.

on top of that, whoever claims one of those roles will be an immediate target of suspicion for the exact reason that anybody could claim it. if they fail to bring back results (say, due to a role block) then they might be viewed as a faker. it would be an easy setup for the mafia to get rid of a town member by turning the town against them.
I agree with all of this. Let's just move on from that idea. To many things could go wrong.

What are people's thoughts on what to do about the lynch? Once again I will say that I am leaning no lynch (obviously after everyone weighs in) but I would be all for taking out an inactive to send a message.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
At this point I am sort of leaning towards no lynch just because I know I have a role that I have never seen before and I am sure quite a few others do as well. I just don't see us nabbing a mafia day one.
This is not the Gonzo that we know and love, or hate...depends who you're with.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
This is not the Gonzo that we know and love, or hate...depends who you're with.
You can all suck my dick. Seriously. You are all a bunch of children (not you though buddy) and will complain if I feel people out so by all means if someone else wants to accuse a few people and get some talk going I say go for it. As for me I am just going to ask to be watched, I have a bunch to contribute, just wait and see. If after this game I see there were some townies who didn't go full Gonzo I will call them ****** players.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I agree with all of this. Let's just move on from that idea. To many things could go wrong.

What are people's thoughts on what to do about the lynch? Once again I will say that I am leaning no lynch (obviously after everyone weighs in) but I would be all for taking out an inactive to send a message.
Like I said, I'm generally not a fan of a no lynch. But thinking about it, I can see it's merits. We always say "You don't learn anything from a no lynch." But truthfully, how often do we learn something groundbreaking from the first day lynch? And who's to say we can't learn anything from a no lynch? The more I play these games, the more I think no lynch might actually be a solid route.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Like I said, I'm generally not a fan of a no lynch. But thinking about it, I can see it's merits. We always say "You don't learn anything from a no lynch." But truthfully, how often do we learn something groundbreaking from the first day lynch? And who's to say we can't learn anything from a no lynch? The more I play these games, the more I think no lynch might actually be a solid route.
Usually I think lynching someone is better because it really does provide info. I say no lynch in this case just because there will be a few roles we have never seen before and nobody knows what the set up is. I would be interested to see someone throw some accusations out but it won't be me this time.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I see your strategy being planned but I would like to mention exercise caution with role revealing. We instituted that rule for a reason and are going to be enforcing it quite strictly.
This is a general question: does talking about an ability that I have (I am not saying I have an ability or night action, this is theoretical), or even the results of it, constitute role revealing?

Like, say I am a role cop, for instance. I investigate a person, then the next day for whatever reason I am grilled by the town for being suspicious. If I say something like "I have information on , they're mafia" is that role revealing?

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-09-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Usually I think lynching someone is better because it really does provide info. I say no lynch in this case just because there will be a few roles we have never seen before and nobody knows what the set up is. I would be interested to see someone throw some accusations out but it won't be me this time.
You not throwing accusations out is kind of suspicious.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Two mafia, serial killer, and vigilante? Or I could just be reading too much into it.
Quote:
And if they made a lick of sense, what would be your course of action?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
This is a general question: does talking about an ability that I have (I am not saying I have an ability or night action, this is theoretical), or even the results of it, constitute role revealing?

Like, say I am a role cop, for instance. I investigate a person, then the next day for whatever reason I am grilled by the town for being suspicious. If I say something like "I have information on , they're mafia" is that role revealing?
"I have information on " is okay in our eyes. Saying how you obtained said information is not. We're trying to curb role revealing because of the way this particular game is structured. Being overly open about your role could potentially ruin this game from the get go. But no, the example you gave is not something we consider to be bad.

In the future please PM these kinds of questions!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

If that's what you guys want, yes, I'll PM it, but I posted it here because I thought others would find the clarification useful.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-09-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
And if they made a lick of sense, what would be your course of action?
Asking questions is always the best course of action I think. Since it is day one though I highly doubt anybody will come up with anything convincing enough for me to want to lynch someone, unless of course there is talk of lynching Caddy or GOW in which case I am all for it.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
You not throwing accusations out is kind of suspicious.
You caught me. Changing up the way I play is obviously the best way to play as mafia right? Nothing better than sticking out and being seen of as suspicious when evil.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if it makes you fell better Gonzo, I already have begun working on some ideas based off of what has been said already, alas, me talking usually gets me killed and I think I'd prefer to hold on to what little I have and develop it more before I go blabbing.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote