Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
so you're willing to rank the NFC West champion (who's core is relatively the same) lower than unproven teams that have talent on paper? and in the same post say nothing is a given in football?

i'm sorry but i'm gonna need to see more than a few games outta matt flynn to label him the savior of seattle. hes being considered an upgrade after a few sample games but alex smith, who led his team to the NFC championship still has something to prove.

i just think its highly hypocritical to judge our off-season additions as non-improvements while every other team in the division has seemed to "improved" on paper and anything they may be lacking is chalked down as "potential" or a group that has "something to prove".
I'll ask you the same question that I asked a Bengals fan earlier: When was the last time that the 49ers sustained success? Prove that you can and then I'll respect you. Very few teams are able to sustain success because it's not as easy as keeping the same players around and drafting well. Maybe Harbaugh is able to sustain success, but I've seen nothing that suggests that the 49ers are a slam dunk for the division title. Favorite? Sure. But not by as much as 49er fans seem to think. At least not in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I'll ask you the same question that I asked a Bengals fan earlier: When was the last time that the 49ers sustained success? Prove that you can and then I'll respect you. Very few teams are able to sustain success because it's not as easy as keeping the same players around and drafting well. Maybe Harbaugh is able to sustain success, but I've seen nothing that suggests that the 49ers are a slam dunk for the division title. Favorite? Sure. But not by as much as 49er fans seem to think. At least not in my opinion.
What 49ers fans around here have said that they are slam dunk for the division title?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
What I got out of this post: "I'm a homer who's crying because everyone thinks the 49ers aren't as good as I do. Now I'm gonna call their favorite teams overrated. That'll show them."
yeah please just disregard this lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
allow me to ask you a question: when was the last time anyone in our division were able to sustain success? better yet, since when does sustaining success in past organizations have any merit when judging the present organizations?

Old 07-10-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
What 49ers fans around here have said that they are slam dunk for the division title?
Heck, all of you. Every time someone mentions the possibility of the 49ers taking a step back this year you all go ballistic. You should really manage your expectations so you won't look like a bunch of foolish homers when Zona steals the division. But I guess it's already a little too late for that...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Heck, all of you. Every time someone mentions the possibility of the 49ers taking a step back this year you all go ballistic. You should really manage your expectations so you won't look like a bunch of foolish homers when Zona steals the division. But I guess it's already a little too late for that...
Still waiting where it was said that the 49ers are a slam dunk to win the division. If all of us have said it, then it shouldn't be a problem to find a single quote.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seattle is absolutely loaded on defense, their OL has enormous potential and their running game is going to be very effective. The biggest detractor in Seattle is Pete Carroll, who is an absolutely horrible HC.

Sorry but I fail to see how Carroll is a horroble coach. Remember, most of the seahawks loaded defense were no names, late round picks and reclamation projects. Pete Carroll completely rebuilt the whole team with nobodies and got way more than anyone expected out of them.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

ness we're not allowed to defend our team. not even allowed to share our points without being labeled a homer?

what are we supposed to say? "yeah, you're right, our team has taken a step back" when we dont share the same opinion?

rebuttal=going ballistic. we all just need a shut up

Old 07-10-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Still waiting where it was said that the 49ers are a slam dunk to win the division. If all of us have said it, then it shouldn't be a problem to find a single quote.
Really? You know that it was a hyperbole. Your opinion lies in your actions in here. Let me ask you this: Which 9er fan has seriously thought about another team than the 49ers winning the NFCW. The Patriots are the most dominant team over the last 10+ years, and even I (and other Patriots fans) consider the possibility of us losing the division to the Jets or the Bills (at least this year). I've yet to see anything like that from a SF fan. It drives me nuts that you can't handle that your team is successful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Sorry but I fail to see how Carroll is a horroble coach. Remember, most of the seahawks loaded defense were no names, late round picks and reclamation projects. Pete Carroll completely rebuilt the whole team with nobodies and got way more than anyone expected out of them.
I'm a Patriots fan. After the epic clusterfuck he managed to create in NE nothing he ever does will make me change my mind about Carroll. I have no arguments beside that one lol.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

the only thing im opposing is the notion that we would end up "3rd or even 4th place" in the division? i know the seahawks are good and yes, they can beat us but they also have some key pieces to the puzzle that remain unproven.

you wouldn't get the least bit uneasy if i were to say that the patriots made no improvements to there AFC championship team so they very well may finish below the dolphins and bills?

Old 07-10-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overrated:

Buccaneers
Chiefs
Bengals
Texans

Underrated:

Colts
Browns
Chargers
Falcons
Raiders
Dolphins
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
you wouldn't get the least bit uneasy if i were to say that the patriots made no improvements to there AFC championship team so they very well may finish below the dolphins and bills?
I wouldn't go ballistic over it. In this year's case it wouldn't be true, however. The Patriots have upgraded their glaring weaknesses from last year. They added Lloyd at WR and heavily upgraded the defense. The defense was too slow last year and that has changed. They only place were they might regress a bit is at LT where Solder is replacing Light, but he showed some very good signs last year.

I use every opportunity that I find to provoke 49er fans. It's like GB fans a year ago. Once they were relevant again they were the best team ever with the best players at every position. Maybe Patriots fans were the same in 2002, idk. I didn't follow message boards and such back then. But what I do know is that it is extremely difficult to sustain success in the NFL. I don't take it as a given unless there are some proven elements in place (HC, coordinators etc). The 49ers has no proven elements in place. Maybe Harbaugh is the answer, but the reality is that none of us have a clue yet.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Really? You know that it was a hyperbole. Your opinion lies in your actions in here. Let me ask you this: Which 9er fan has seriously thought about another team than the 49ers winning the NFCW. The Patriots are the most dominant team over the last 10+ years, and even I (and other Patriots fans) consider the possibility of us losing the division to the Jets or the Bills (at least this year). I've yet to see anything like that from a SF fan. It drives me nuts that you can't handle that your team is successful.
Well can you find me something that leads credence to your statement? Anything? I can't remember a single 49ers fan implying that they will be walking away with the division crown and it will be a cakewalk. When folks have said they may take a step back, and a debate ensues involving a 49ers fan, that is a completely different premise. Hell, I've stated a few times that they will take a step back. I think they'll make the playoffs, but I'm already expecting a 10 win season.

As for your question, even if another 49ers fan hasn't thought about another team in the NFC West winning the division, doesn't mean they believe the road back to the postseason will be easy i.e. a "slam dunk". 49ers fans shouldn't be labeled as foolish because they are being optimistic about a realistic scenario...which would be winning the division again for a second straight season.

Wait, it drives you nuts that 49ers fans can't handle that their team is successful? Okay...

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I wouldn't go ballistic over it. In this year's case it wouldn't be true, however. The Patriots have upgraded their glaring weaknesses from last year. They added Lloyd at WR and heavily upgraded the defense. The defense was too slow last year and that has changed. They only place were they might regress a bit is at LT where Solder is replacing Light, but he showed some very good signs last year.

I use every opportunity that I find to provoke 49er fans. It's like GB fans a year ago. Once they were relevant again they were the best team ever with the best players at every position. Maybe Patriots fans were the same in 2002, idk. I didn't follow message boards and such back then. But what I do know is that it is extremely difficult to sustain success in the NFL. I don't take it as a given unless there are some proven elements in place (HC, coordinators etc). The 49ers has no proven elements in place. Maybe Harbaugh is the answer, but the reality is that none of us have a clue yet.
one 49er fan goes ballistic (more dumb than ballistic) so every fan after that, that has a different opinion goes ballistic?

patriots had no problem scoring on people but had a problem stopping people. add a few rookies and problem is solved? can you really rely on that?

49ers had no problem stopping people but couldn't throw the ball worth a ****. add a rookie, a solid receiver in manningham and veteran trying to get back in the game and we're not allowed to rely on that?

Old 07-10-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
No one has argued against any of the factors you have listed. Sustaining success in the NFL is difficult as the entire NFC West can attest to. 49ers fans here, haven't hoisted them as division champs yet and/or said the road back will be easy. But from what I've gathered, you're basically roasting 49ers fans over the coals for having confidence in their own team and expecting to win the division again which is ridiculous.

Let me make this clear: no one is expecting a cake walk of a journey back. Find me one statement from a 49ers fan here that believes it will.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is up with the constant 49er discussion? Seems like every other thread has to delve into some ******** SF debate. Everyone just needs to get over it already, for **** sake.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 07-10-2012 at 04:36 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh BOY, another thread that has turned into a 49er circle jerk! I'm so happy that we can't have a single thread hijacked! Yay us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Overrated:

Buccaneers
Chiefs
Bengals
Texans

Underrated:

Colts
Browns
Chargers
Falcons
Raiders
Dolphins
The Chiefs aren't overrated, the Broncos are. Everyone has already crowned them division champs. I don't know why the rest of the AFC West just doesn't forfeit this season.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interested to hear how the Panthers are overrated. Unless I've been oblivious to an upswing of expectations for us over the past few weeks, most people are pegging us to finish somewhere in between last years record and 8-8/9-7, maybe if we're lucky a shot at a wild card spot.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Overrated:

Buccaneers
Chiefs
Bengals
Texans

Underrated:

Colts
Browns
Chargers
Falcons
Raiders
Dolphins
My worry with the Raiders is Carson Palmer. The guy is an INT machine and i can easily see him blowing some games for the Raiders this year.

Agree with you on the Chiefs. They have one 10-6 season sandwiched inside a lot of losing seasons. That too, their 1 playoff season they had the benefit of playing the NFC West when no team was above 7-9, and getting killed by 23 points in a home playoff game. Still have Cassel as QB, Crennel as HC, and coming off a season with a -126 point differential, with 2 blowouts before they started suffering the injury bug. I think their ceiling is 10 wins, but i expect them to have 7-8.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Knicks and Bucs
Rookie

Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Interested to hear how the Panthers are overrated. Unless I've been oblivious to an upswing of expectations for us over the past few weeks, most people are pegging us to finish somewhere in between last years record and 8-8/9-7, maybe if we're lucky a shot at a wild card spot.
Lot of people on ESPN has the panthers as a division favorite. It is possible, but I think they are still another year away. A .500 record is possible, though. I also think Cam Newton is overrated. No doubt he is a great player, but he is not MVP like people say he will be. If anything I predict he will take a small step back. The panthers are coming though.
Knicks and Bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ness we're not allowed to defend our team. not even allowed to share our points without being labeled a homer?

what are we supposed to say? "yeah, you're right, our team has taken a step back" when we dont share the same opinion?

rebuttal=going ballistic. we all just need a shut up
Pretty much this. If someone makes an ill-informed blast about SF, it will draw a response from Niner fans. Once that happens, ALL Niner fans are then lumped in as annoying homers. Cool cycle.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Pretty much this. If someone makes an ill-informed blast about SF, it will draw a response from Niner fans. Once that happens, ALL Niner fans are then lumped in as annoying homers. Cool cycle.
Yeah that tactic is getting pretty stupid.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Agreed. Not to mention one poster was doing it intentionally.

Quote:
I use every opportunity that I find to provoke 49er fans.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please don't try to play that card. You're acting as if 49er fans aren't to blame for any of this. You're not the victims here. Maybe I can interest you all in a thicker skin?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Please don't try to play that card. You're acting as if 49er fans aren't to blame for any of this. You're not the victims here. Maybe I can interest you all in a thicker skin?
Forrealz. A bunch of people put the Eagles in their overrated team section but I'm not bitching about it because I really don't give a damn. People think the Eagles are overrated, that's their opinion and they're entitled to that. I'm not going to engulf entire threads in homer flame wars because I disagree with someone's opinion. And then once homer wars have taken over a thread, people get mad at the homers and then the homers get mad again. It's cyclical.

Seriously 49ers fans, grow some thicker skin. Not everybody is going to agree that the 49ers are totally awesome and amazing and that the division is theirs to lose. Ignore it and move on with your lives, there is zero reason for you to attack everyone that slights the 49ers.

TL;DR: Shut the **** up.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote