Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-05-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I played the demo not a fan. This new defense things sounds like a good idea, but its just scoring galore. I was Baylor and the end of the game was 47 to 13, against KSU. Deep bombs all day, everyone is always open, just throw it before they are open. I did have 1 pick.

I don't like that they took out the variable speed, everyone is on speed in this game. my safety was at LOS, and tracked the ball to 30 yards down field, it was a quick deep throw, and made a tackle 1 yards after the catch.

To mask the robotic style, I think they just made game play faster, so it seems smother.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am torn on getting NCAA and Madden. NCAA is the game I usually play online and Madden i do offline franchise mostly.

Bhaarat...so the gameplay sucks for NCAA this year?

I have been hearing how Madden has combined all the different game modes into some combined career thing and they don't let you edit rosters. Last year I thought they did a great job with expanded rosters etc. This year they seem to be making the game geared more towards playing online which I do not play at all for madden.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does the co-op campign in Saints Row 3 mean 2 players in the same room can play against each other?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah gameplay was alright, I suggest you download the demo. I don't know why they took out variable speed.

Anyone play SPEC Ops: The Line?

If you really want to play NCAA, wait like 2 weeks, get it used, play it and if you don't like it refund within 7 days, if you like it keep it.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Yeah gameplay was alright, I suggest you download the demo. I don't know why they took out variable speed.

Anyone play SPEC Ops: The Line?

If you really want to play NCAA, wait like 2 weeks, get it used, play it and if you don't like it refund within 7 days, if you like it keep it.
I've not played spec ops the line but I've been following the game very close and everyone seems to agree that it's a must play and very under rated. It's not the longest game like 6-8 hours and thats the biggest negative. But they are several endings so everyone says you wanna play through atleast twice. Also the choices you make really matter and i hear the story is what makes it diffrent then most shooters.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really disappointed with NCAA so far, it just doesn't have an authentic feel. Like bhaarat said, the speed of the game is really strange and the physics make it feel robotic.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be heading to Wal Mart at midnight to get it to see if you guys are right.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:54 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anything else come out about GTAV? I feel like I haven't heard much of anything since the initial trailer/announcement.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Has anything else come out about GTAV? I feel like I haven't heard much of anything since the initial trailer/announcement.
They've been pretty silent about it. Typical Rockstar. As far as I'm concerned they can do whatever they damn well want.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You pretty much never hear anything about the GTAs until they're about to be released.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I will be heading to Wal Mart at midnight to get it to see if you guys are right.
Jayce....have you played it at all? Can you confirm what everyone else has said about it?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got NCAA today, WAAAAAY to easy to score, someone is always open as stated above and the full speed nonsense is annoying, you could be a 99 speed and still be chased down pretty easily and acceleration means nothing. They also never added TE to RTG like they said they would. O and still no updates for TeamBuilder 2 years later.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:04 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Jayce....have you played it at all? Can you confirm what everyone else has said about it?
I have only played Dynasty so far although I have heard there are tons of gliches with Team Builder. I do agree that it is easy to score on. I was New Mexico State and put up 45 on Arkansas. Dynasty is about the same other than a couple of recruiting differences. Like now you can scout a player and get the true abilities of the player. The pitches your coach makes in Dynasty are pretty much the same. I like some of the newer animations. I remember last year if someone went for a shoe string tackle that I would just fall on my face. This year the player has more of a chance to keep his balance while tripping. I do like that they have worked on eliminating the "super linebacker." I guess all of these help lead to ease of scoring as well. I have noticed there is a glitch with Texas State. The announcers will say you are playing in San Mateo, TX when Texas State is located in San Marcos. I haven't used Notre Dame yet but I have heard their helmets look pretty bad. Overall, it isn't bad but I have only played a few games and all are in Dynasty so far. To me, just eliminating the super linebacker has been worth it.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 07-11-2012 at 04:09 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Re: NCAA 13

I've only played two games so far, so take it for what it's worth. The game feels better than it has in years. My games were on default Heisman, and had a good challenge without any controlling throwing moments. That's a major step in my opinion.

I haven't tried running the option yet, but I can actually run out of the shotgun now. The revamped passing and the new WR/DB interaction is much, much better. I've read a lot about safety play being broken, but it's not. Maybe it's not by game programming, but people need to realize safeties get beat or jump routes. Defenders get lost in zones, this kind of stuff happens. The only truly awful thing I've seen so far is that 4 verticals is still a cheese play.

Things like the menu being clunky, the field not looking great on replays, uniforms not being completely perfect, etc. all true. Doesn't really bother me though, people nitpick on that too much IMO. It should be better, but give me good gameplay and a dynasty I can engage with and I'm happy. Haven't tried recruiting yet, but I hear it's a lot better.

Overall, if you haven't played this game in a while, you're going to enjoy it. If you played NCAA 12 and you were looking for massive upgrades, you aren't going to find them. But you're definitely getting and improved game. As I said before, I haven't spent a lot of time with the game, so don't consider this gospel, but if you're in the mood for a football game, I think it's worthy of a purchase.

Edit: For those that have it, try the game without the tuner. I never played with the tuner, but most of the feedback I've read says the tuner makes the game worse, especially in the secondary.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aliens: Colonial Marines

I don't know what the game is about but I want to buy it just based on the collectors edition
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I need to up the difficulty on NCAA so it's not scoring galore, I had 4 touchdowns and over 200 all purpose yards with Darick Rodgers today.

Also, anyone here down for an online dynasty sometime soon. O and I have named rosters already if anyone needs them I can upload them.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Re: NCAA 13

I've only played two games so far, so take it for what it's worth. The game feels better than it has in years. My games were on default Heisman, and had a good challenge without any controlling throwing moments. That's a major step in my opinion.

I haven't tried running the option yet, but I can actually run out of the shotgun now. The revamped passing and the new WR/DB interaction is much, much better. I've read a lot about safety play being broken, but it's not. Maybe it's not by game programming, but people need to realize safeties get beat or jump routes. Defenders get lost in zones, this kind of stuff happens. The only truly awful thing I've seen so far is that 4 verticals is still a cheese play.

Things like the menu being clunky, the field not looking great on replays, uniforms not being completely perfect, etc. all true. Doesn't really bother me though, people nitpick on that too much IMO. It should be better, but give me good gameplay and a dynasty I can engage with and I'm happy. Haven't tried recruiting yet, but I hear it's a lot better.

Overall, if you haven't played this game in a while, you're going to enjoy it. If you played NCAA 12 and you were looking for massive upgrades, you aren't going to find them. But you're definitely getting and improved game. As I said before, I haven't spent a lot of time with the game, so don't consider this gospel, but if you're in the mood for a football game, I think it's worthy of a purchase.

Edit: For those that have it, try the game without the tuner. I never played with the tuner, but most of the feedback I've read says the tuner makes the game worse, especially in the secondary.

Preciate this. I passed on 12 because I had fell off of NCAA for a few years after that 1(Iforget the year) made me rage when everytime my QB got hit throwing it was a lob INT to the DT at the LOS. I did play the demo though and loved the feel and gameplay, gonna buy it this year.

Have you done Heisman mode much? do you see yourself playing that often or dynasty mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I think I need to up the difficulty on NCAA so it's not scoring galore, I had 4 touchdowns and over 200 all purpose yards with Darick Rodgers today.

Also, anyone here down for an online dynasty sometime soon. O and I have named rosters already if anyone needs them I can upload them.
have u tried adjusting sliders yet? If not check for some at www.operationsports.com they always have a bunch of good ones
Old 07-11-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
Aliens: Colonial Marines

I don't know what the game is about but I want to buy it just based on the collectors edition
I believe Aliens: Colonial Marines is a direct sequel to the Aliens franchise storywise, or so I've heard. The gameplay looks awesome.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I've thrown the ball with the icon not visible, and it turns into a timing route, no INTs yet doing this.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where are you guys getting your rosters for NCAA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
where are you guys getting your rosters for NCAA?
I forget the gt, but I could upload mine so you can download it if you'd like. I adjusted it slightly so certain players who have dreads in the game, but not real life no longer have them and so that the TCU RB in the supp draft isn't in the game.

O and is your gt ScarletGiant?

Old 07-13-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry if all ready posted I don't follow this thread much.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone got any good 2013 rosters for NCAA 12?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check OperationSports.com